ROM Hack Pokemon Sun/Moon - unhackable?

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
I've been trying to hack Pokemon Sun/Moon today and found an unexpected problem - decrypting a ROM of the game (.3ds file) is now impossible because the file is too big. I can move a file less than 4 GB on my SD card, but it doesn't let me to do the same with the >4 GB .3ds file of the game (why did it have to be so large?).

The error I keep getting is "File is too Large for Destination File system". I tried to look up some solutions, and they either failed to work (I was interested in the ones that don't wipe out the whole SD card because I obviously have my CFW on there and re-installing everything is huge headache) or just advertised some malware by baiting with the search.

Can I decrypt the game in any other way? Sadly, I do not possess a cartridge.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use the .cia or trim the .3ds. Sun/Moon is completely hackable and someone is already working on a hardhack
The reason your getting that error is that fat32 can't transfer 4 GB + files.

Reactions: Francesca

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Can a .cia file be used in the D9Game folder?

I haven't decrypted anything ever since I switched from RxTools to luma, so I'm not even sure if I can access homebrew anymore.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can a .cia file be used in the D9Game folder?

I haven't decrypted anything ever since I switched from RxTools to luma, so I'm not even sure if I can access homebrew anymore.
Yes the .cia can be used in the D9Game folder. If you downloaded the leak then it is already decrypted

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, does that mean I extract it on my PC without doing the homebrew stuff on console?
No you need to boot Decrypt9 on the console if the .cia isn't the leak. If it is the leaked .cia then it is already decrypted and can be used to start romhacking.

D

Deleted User

I've been trying to hack Pokemon Sun/Moon today and found an unexpected problem - decrypting a ROM of the game (.3ds file) is now impossible because the file is too big. I can move a file less than 4 GB on my SD card, but it doesn't let me to do the same with the >4 GB .3ds file of the game (why did it have to be so large?).

The error I keep getting is "File is too Large for Destination File system". I tried to look up some solutions, and they either failed to work (I was interested in the ones that don't wipe out the whole SD card because I obviously have my CFW on there and re-installing everything is huge headache) or just advertised some malware by baiting with the search.

Can I decrypt the game in any other way? Sadly, I do not possess a cartridge.

What do you mean by "hack"?

Also, to answer your question, the 4GB issue you are having is a large file size limit of FAT32 filesystems. I would reformat your SD card as exFAT, which has no such limit (obviously backing everything up first since you will lose any data on the card when this is done).

Last edited by ,

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
No you need to boot Decrypt9 on the console if the .cia isn't the leak. If it is the leaked .cia then it is already decrypted and can be used to start romhacking.

Hmmm... I load HackingToolkit, type in 'ce' (to extract a .cia file), write in sun.cia, choose 'y', nothing extracts in the folder.

Does this mean the file isn't decrypted? There's no message or anything.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... I load HackingToolkit, type in 'ce' (to extract a .cia file), write in sun.cia, choose 'y', nothing extracts in the folder.

Does this mean the file isn't decrypted? There's no message or anything.
Your only suppose to write sun not sun.cia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Wholesome, welcome