ROM Hack Pokemon Sun/Moon Save Editing Thread (PKHex Latest Builds)

Sakito

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi , thanks for new PKHex build ! I want to know before try , in trainer info , there is "give all fashions items" but it says "it will clear existing data" I don't understand this... clear data of what ? can anyone explain ?

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imported some Pokemon and they were all legal, and I also maxed my money out and messed with my Pokedex by filling it up. What happened when I injected it was my player was invisible, and when I moved it caused my top screen to go black. I can go in the festival plaza and whatnot on the bottom screen and it functions fine with my player being visible, but when I exit there's no changes. I'm in the part where you meet Professor Burnet so I can't use ride Pokemon or anything and my save backups randomly disappeared...

What should I do? Just restart? I've been trying to go back and edit the save file and get rid of all of the edits but it's not having any effect so far.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why can't i change my gender in pkhex but there's a scroll down for it
I believe it has stuff to do with the player model data, mainly.

TheSeraphim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have problem with both SaveDataFiler/JKSV Save Manager/SaveEditor. On JKSV it says "Error" when I try to export the save file. With SaveDataFiler right next to cartridge it says"broken" and with SaveEditor I get yellow screen. Any idea what I have to do?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have problem with both SaveDataFiler/JKSV Save Manager/SaveEditor. On JKSV it says "Error" when I try to export the save file. With SaveDataFiler right next to cartridge it says"broken" and with SaveEditor I get yellow screen. Any idea what I have to do?

Do you have CFW?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've notice people having corrupted data with JKSV Manager! I really recommend you all to try SaveDataFiler for now.
I'm guessing that's from the 3dsx version, rather than the CIA version? I've been using JKSV manager constantly since the leak, across 3 cartridges and haven't had any corrupted data yet. But I've been using the CIA version from September.

Do you have JKSV installed as a CIA, or are you running it from homebrew? the CIA version from september works flawlessly for me.

Last edited by osaka35,

dorisnov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I made a poke with PKHex but I can't trade it with a friend, it says that there is a problem with my poke. Any idea why?

Thanks guys!

Korados

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a problem and need help! I play Moon and wanted to change some items in the pouch and now I'm not able to use the Fishing Rod anymore! PKHex
said that the Fishing Rod gets deleted when I change something, so I went to the Key Items pouch and added a Fishing Rod.
But when I go to a Fishing Spot, the command button doesn't appear! What should I do now?

EDIT: I just saw that the Fishing Rod I have now actually seems to be the one from X/Y ORAS, because the flavor text and sprite are the same. How can I get the Sun and Moon Rod back?

Last edited by Korados,

wickedj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the lates build is broken it wont recognize save files created from jk or your save manager
http://prntscr.com/de6j7g screen shot

it worked fine 5 min ago when i was using the older pkhex

not the save managers since the last pkhex build read them fine

i have tried redownloading many times save thing every time

i have the latest of your save manager and the latest jk

its your pkhex current build 100% based off a barrage of tests

Last edited by wickedj,

Korados

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the lates build is broken it wont recognize save files created from jk or your save manager
http://prntscr.com/de6j7g screen shot

it worked fine 5 min ago when i was using the older pkhex

not the save managers since the last pkhex build read them fine

i have tried redownloading many times save thing every time

i have the latest of your save manager and the latest jk

its your pkhex current build 100% based off a barrage of tests

Maybe you should use svdt to extract the save. It works flawlessly for me!
But why is the download link not available anymore?

By the way, I checked in AS if the flavor text and sprites for the Fishing Rod are the same than the one I now have in Moon, and they are!
So maybe Game Freak initially intended to make fishing the same in SM but then considered otherwise. But they left the old Rod in the data.
It would be nice if someone could add the SM Rod to PKHex, please.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a poke with PKHex but I can't trade it with a friend, it says that there is a problem with my poke. Any idea why?

Thanks guys!
check for catch location, abilities it can't know, shiny pokemon that can't be shiny, moves they can't learn, the evs don't exceed 510 overall or 252 per attribute, and if the level is legit for the pokemon. those being wrong can set off the filters. sometimes held items can do it too.

also if you made it completely from scratch, make sure the owner id and junk are there and not blank

Last edited by osaka35,

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming across this, I had to comment about making Pokemon:
I help run a couple PKHeX groups on Facebook, with the main point being with making Legal Pokemon. It's pretty hilarious how many people refuse to just do all their homework.

In short, if you want to be certain it's Legal, DON'T rely on anything but the in-game test of trading. We don't have any perfect auto-checker anywhere (some are good, but they should never be considered more than a suggestion that you did it right).
So, if you want a guaranteed Legal Pokemon, do the homework. Hit Bulbapedia and Serebii.net and learn about the stuff that has to be filled out, filled a specific way, AND what possible contradictory details that you may make (ie: A Pokemon in a specific Pokeball with a certain move you want, can be totally illegal because that particular combination is just impossible).

windwakemeupinside

Resident Gost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming across this, I had to comment about making Pokemon:
I help run a couple PKHeX groups on Facebook, with the main point being with making Legal Pokemon. It's pretty hilarious how many people refuse to just do all their homework.

In short, if you want to be certain it's Legal, DON'T rely on anything but the in-game test of trading. We don't have any perfect auto-checker anywhere (some are good, but they should never be considered more than a suggestion that you did it right).
So, if you want a guaranteed Legal Pokemon, do the homework. Hit Bulbapedia and Serebii.net and learn about the stuff that has to be filled out, filled a specific way, AND what possible contradictory details that you may make (ie: A Pokemon in a specific Pokeball with a certain move you want, can be totally illegal because that particular combination is just impossible).

This. Really, the best way of checking legality? Make a copy of the pokemon, send it through wonder trade. If it trades? You are fine (Unless you are doing IRL competitive, then check EVERYTHING, including the ball. When in doubt, put that shit in a regular Pokeball). If not, do some research and see what is wrong with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay