Gaming Pokemon Sun Homebrew Save Manager Issue

OmegaGamerZer0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've got a pretty stupid problem on my hands I wanna verify for Save Manager and my Pokemon Sun save.

(This dump truck of info is for background, the question itself is in the second to last paragraph)

Recently I've been cloning mons' and putting them on bank to rack up BP. I was frequently restoring the file with all of the placeholder mons' (Oricorios) and putting them on bank, restore file, put on bank, restore file, put on bank. That process filled up Bank for me.

However, I ran into a point where I took some mons' transferred from ORAS and put them on my game card from bank to make more room for more Oricorios. Unfortunately, I didn't make a backup of the file where all my actual transferred mons were on the PC, and as a result, when I restored the save file with all the oricorios, I lost all my transferred mons.

For clarification, I'm using the JKSM for the task. I've already checked all of my previous backups for these Pokemon and had no luck, I've called Nintendo Customer Support (without informing them of the tampering) and they had no idea what to do either. I haven't posted a question on the website yet, but I imagine a similar situation will occur, or my question will never be answered.

SO (whew) the whole reason I'm making this post is to ask whether I'm able to restore a previous file on my cartridge without JKSM. I know I saved with all my transferred Pokemon on there at some point. I just want to know if I can somehow find a list of all the saved points in the game. (Similar to Skyrim save points if you catch my drift)

Sorry for the long post. I've now lost nearly 200 BR Pokemon and Team Members from across my entire life as a fan (nearly 10 years) and I want to help myself in any way possible to recover these Pokemon. They're very important to me. Thank you.

Last edited by OmegaGamerZer0,

nekoakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm understanding correctly, you banked a bunch of pokemon, ended up withdrawing them on your cart, and then overwrote that save file?

Unless you have a copy of an older save somewhere, I think you might be out of luck (always make backups. WIth JKSM i backup to a MAIN folder, and only restore from RESTORE folder).

(But if you're using the bank to rack up BP, why not just pkhex or similar? It's faster)

OmegaGamerZer0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm understanding correctly, you banked a bunch of pokemon, ended up withdrawing them on your cart, and then overwrote that save file?

Unless you have a copy of an older save somewhere, I think you might be out of luck (always make backups. WIth JKSM i backup to a MAIN folder, and only restore from RESTORE folder).

(But if you're using the bank to rack up BP, why not just pkhex or similar? It's faster)

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I snooped around a bit, and found a bunch of stuff from an ORAS file with mons before I transferred them. I was just wondering if there was any way to access the saves of the game, not sure if they were overwritten or not.

As for BP, the reason is I did it was because 1) I don't enjoy editing things like, I like earning currency legitimately, and 2) I've heard reports of people getting banned because of an inconsistent value in the game indicating how much has BP has been EARNED not just obtained. So if I had 5000 BP but only earned (Battle Tree etc.) like 10 then there could be a red flag.

nekoakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fair enough. I'm 99% sure the saves are overwritten (I have a vague memory of a backup save being on the cart if one gets corrupted..but not sure if thats in ORAS).

Also, I have done exactly the same thing you described. It does suck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1