Hardware Pokemon Sun and Moon N3DSXL - is it worth buying before its too late?

KoopiiYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to buy the pokemon sumo n3dsxl, because now that they're out of production, I fear the price will just keep going up and up and way further out of my non-existent price range. I can get one unboxed for £185 at webuy (aka Cex) and was wondering if its a worthwhile purchase.

Reactions: assassinz

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Buy panels from Ali, if you need such a design
I have n3dsxl sumo and I don't know why people want to pay extra for looks
I wanted a black console and took such an edition for the price of a regular n3dsxl

Last edited by k7ra,

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to buy the pokemon sumo n3dsxl, because now that they're out of production, I fear the price will just keep going up and up and way further out of my non-existent price range. I can get one unboxed for £185 at webuy (aka Cex) and was wondering if its a worthwhile purchase.
It's all really just up to how much you're comfortable with spending. I bought a boxed Super Famicom n3dsxl and I spent more than I wanted to. I was like you and felt that the prices aren't really going to go lower, especially now that everyone is modding the 3DS. So it's up to you if you want to wait or just buy one right now and be done with it. Just make sure it's in acceptable condition.

Reactions: k7ra

KoopiiYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's all really just up to how much you're comfortable with spending. I bought a boxed Super Famicom n3dsxl and I spent more than I wanted to. I was like you and felt that the prices aren't really going to go lower, especially now that everyone is modding the 3DS. So it's up to you if you want to wait or just buy one right now and be done with it. Just make sure it's in acceptable condition.

I'm fine with spending some extra, but with Cex you can never really know the actual quality of the console you're buying. You only get a choice between Discounted (fucked), Unboxed, (probably fucked), and Boxed (it can be discounted or unboxed quality but who gives a shit, i got a box for £40 extra) so i can't guarantee acceptable quality no matter how much i end up spending

Reactions: assassinz

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fine with spending some extra, but with Cex you can never really know the actual quality of the console you're buying. You only get a choice between Discounted (fucked), Unboxed, (probably fucked), and Boxed (it can be discounted or unboxed quality but who gives a shit, i got a box for £40 extra) so i can't guarantee acceptable quality no matter how much i end up spending
That sucks that you can't really know what you are getting if you buy one. You can't use ebay?

A little off topic, there is an Animal Crossing 3DS LL with homebrew and 90 games on it and bids are over $400 right now. Crazy! I've been keeping tabs on prices since earlier this year when a lot of videos about hacking the 3ds started to pop-up. Yeah, prices are going up.

KoopiiYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That sucks that you can't really know what you are getting if you buy one. You can't use ebay?

A little off topic, there is an Animal Crossing 3DS LL with homebrew and 90 games on it and bids are over $400 right now. Crazy! I've been keeping tabs on prices since earlier this year when a lot of videos about hacking the 3ds started to pop-up. Yeah, prices are going up.

I find it crazy how people will pay insane amounts of money just so they dont have to homebrew one of the simplest consoles to install homebrew on. Like, are they scared of messing it up?

Also, I prefer to use Cex to buy my electronics because - despite everything i said in the last post - its the most trustworthy place too buy stuff, and the prices for retro stuff are great. Ebay hasn't been so kind to me in the past.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.