ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Michael - Heh, not surprised. I'm gonna love watching people try to Nuzlocke BB2VW2 as I find my Pokémon dying a LOT in the battles I've made. Suppose it could just be a case of my levels not being as high as they would in a Nuzlocke run, but with 31 IV things running around in every major battle it's gonna be pretty darn tough. And awesome, I'll let you know if I need a beta test.

kid - Yeah, I guess that whole thing about not doing anything until the English release went out the window, huh? I probably could have done other things during my Summer break but eh.. oh well. I'm thinking if I do release it, could be anywhere from say, two weeks to a month. I don't think it'll be that long as I've very nearly finished it anyway, though I might need to do some difficulty throttling on Challenge Mode. I haven't tested it out yet and I have a feeling the Cheren gym battle is a bit over the top atm...

Chaos - Wait, so you're saying the Mew script is basically just totally cut-off/non-existent on the flash cards? Urgh, fantastic. I guess I'm just gonna have to use a new script and hope for the best. But it's nice to know exactly what is happening... well, sort of. I don't entirely understand, but I think I get the gist. Hmm, the tag thing isn't a bad idea. I don't think continuing patches for the Japanese version would be necessary post the English release, though, since I imagine the vast majority will want to just play with that game instead and the roms are bound to be dumped/fixed extremely quickly (since B2W2 is no HGSS in stability, thankfully). I doubt the JPN and USA releases of the hack will differ much in content at any rate, aside from some text changes that I'll wait until the USA release to perform. Oh, and I'm so close to finishing that the deadline shouldn't be an issue.

Arrow - Haha, whoops, I did miss that one. The action replay document that came with the hack should display the Game ID you need. You can edit your usrcheat.dat with a program such as R4CCE; you just need to change the ID that is attached to Heart Gold with the Sacred Gold one (likewise for the Silver versions) or just make a copy of your codes with the hack's ID. I don't know for sure if that'll work, but if the DSTWO uses a usrcheat.dat then it's probably the same as the rest so it should, hopefully.

jd - I actually forgot - when I was editing Stunky in BB2VW2 I KNEW somebody had said something about it so I couldn't remember what it was, haha. Thanks for the reminder. Next week... haa... haa... I'd like that ;-;

Okay, after some consideration and the posts given I'm leaning more towards the early release so I may well bring out the new one in a couple weeks. According to Black-Ice I've apparently been given a "free pass" for my hacking threads as well, so I won't need to go through the screening thread to get my stuff up, which is nice. =P So... I guess expect Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2 sometime in September?

I don't think I'll need debugging help with BB2VW2 since 5th gen doesn't crop up with bugs anywhere near as often, plus I had to do a lot of hex work so things should be more precise. Plus, it's mostly value swapping (to a large degree) rather than adding things with the exception of the level up moves and that. SGSS on the other hand... I may ask for a helping hand or two. I'll post here to let you know if/when I need it.

PS: There's a little preview of BB2VW2 here if you're interested.

Reactions: 1 person

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I wouldnt say the script is non existant yet, the issue could range anywhere between incorrect cartridge emulation or patching to syntax issue or flagging issue, I have seen tons of ar codes fail due to lack of d2 and d1 codes

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is running into areas that I have no idea about but I see... I assume I'll have to change the script up anyway.

Interesting to know that extra scripts can sort of overrun the "alotted" space, though. The Mew one definitely isn't the very last script I did though, so I dunno what's up with the order.

I'm sorry, I probably sound like a fool here. :x

jdthebud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how Fire Red Omega would be now with a more experienced Dray
There would be a LOT more changes to movesets and stuff. I also thought the E4 teams were kinda wacky. I liked how the gym leaders had an unexpected Pokemon on their team, but I feel the E4 should be more pure. Lance was really weird for me, lol. It's still fun to play though!

Drayano, what do you need help with on the v2 update?

Reactions: 2 people

Cerberus87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a question, I could probably find it out myself but I don't have a SGSS save so...

Is it possible to use PokéGen to give yourself more of the items that were added to the game like Voltaic Ore, etc.? Unfortunately I can't give myself those items with regular AR codes, as they were made for the standard HGSS and don't take into account the new items... I have a feeling PokéGen won't recognise them, but it might be still possible to change their count.

About the BBVW2 release, I'll play it only after BW2 is released in English, but I don't have anything against an early release for the Japanese ROMs. :D

MichaelBaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Sounds good, I'll happily beta test this.

And I'd say steam on with the early release if it's going to be easy to put it into English. Gives time to iron out bugs.

KeldeoResolution

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question, I could probably find it out myself but I don't have a SGSS save so...

Is it possible to use PokéGen to give yourself more of the items that were added to the game like Voltaic Ore, etc.? Unfortunately I can't give myself those items with regular AR codes, as they were made for the standard HGSS and don't take into account the new items... I have a feeling PokéGen won't recognise them, but it might be still possible to change their count.

About the BBVW2 release, I'll play it only after BW2 is released in English, but I don't have anything against an early release for the Japanese ROMs. :D
I doubt it.

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

If you have the latest PokeGen, I think you can as I didn't try do it but I read that it has Item Editor in tools Option.
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?6424-Download-link-and-information

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh man, FR Omega would be totally different. I can barely remember it myself but every time I see a video of it or something I'm like, "WHAT DID I DO THAT FOR?" I've been considering doing a video commentary of myself going through the game and recoiling at all the weird changes I've made. =P

I don't think I need help with anything on v2 itself yet, I'm just meddling with my priorities a bit. :B

As for the PokéGen question, I assume you'd have to give yourself the items that they were before prior to me replacing them with the new items. So that's...

Woodland Ore is actually the Journal.
Chilled Ore is actually the Old Charm.
Voltaic Ore is actually the Member Card.

Aubade Orb is actually the Works Key.
Serenade Orb is actually the Seal Bag.
Covenant Orb is actually the Secret Key.

Frankiesay

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm a new user of Pokemon hacks. Specifically, I've started with some of Drayano's own hacks (the first being Volt White and now the second and current is Sacred Gold.)
But after getting the hack to work (as it was being very stubborn) it seems to malfunction quite badly.

I've tried using SG on Desmume, on which it glitches spectacularly by replacing sprites with talking purple boxes followed by a black screen when I change location.
Also I have tried the game on No$gba, which seems fine... until you make an enemy pokemon faint, which leads to a freeze.

Any ways around this? The game is the latest version, and so are Desmume/No$gba...

KeldeoResolution

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm a new user of Pokemon hacks. Specifically, I've started with some of Drayano's own hacks (the first being Volt White and now the second and current is Sacred Gold.)
But after getting the hack to work (as it was being very stubborn) it seems to malfunction quite badly.

I've tried using SG on Desmume, on which it glitches spectacularly by replacing sprites with talking purple boxes followed by a black screen when I change location.
Also I have tried the game on No$gba, which seems fine... until you make an enemy pokemon faint, which leads to a freeze.

Any ways around this? The game is the latest version, and so are Desmume/No$gba...
I use DesMuME 0.9.6: it lags less and there are less bugs.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Play Storm Silver on No$GBA. Encrypt the ROM (google this) and then start no$GBA from the GBA Bios, you can set that in options. It eliminates all freezes. Doesn't work for Gold though for some reason, only Silver.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
This is running into areas that I have no idea about but I see... I assume I'll have to change the script up anyway.

Interesting to know that extra scripts can sort of overrun the "alotted" space, though. The Mew one definitely isn't the very last script I did though, so I dunno what's up with the order.

I'm sorry, I probably sound like a fool here. :x
Actually for a 19 years old, your talent with scripts, your creativity with pokemon games and the use of hex editors on HG\SS which is in itself an imbalanced game is really amazing, I'd want people like you to be the new staff members for Persona team on ATLUS's Shin Megami Tensei squad instead of a college degree genius programmer who's limited by his very own ideas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1