ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

JonNorth

Trophies
XP
Just gonna throw this here because I don't know where else to put it. Running through Storm Silver at the moment, encountered some bizarre Missingno kind of thing at level 0 in Dragons Den. just a white bar at the top of the screen, attempted capture and it fled.

NicoElson

Trophies
XP
im sorry to reask but, when i start the game on ds after i name, gender, etc. the player and i shrink both screens get black and nothing happens. if it matters im on a edge ds card please fix it.

thanks
Seems like it's the Black Screen bug from the original HG/SS roms. try redownloading the latest version if you don't have it, or see if the "Black Screen fix" AR code (google it) works for you.
what is the ID of this game? the original hg isnt working
also, about how much time for v2?

jdthebud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks very much for this hack!
One question though, where is the guy that will give me the Sinoh starters? I can't find it anywhere in Goldenrod City!
go to the pokemon center, and there should be a guy up in the top left corner. Cynthia gives you the other sinnoh starters after you beat the Elite Four, she's in the lab (where the Bike Shop used to be).

Drayano, any chance you can make Qwilfish compatible with the Swords Dance TM or have it as a level up move? He can learn it in Gen III, but not in any subsequent gen, which is really weird. I think you could do the same for BB/VW too (or maybe just the sequels).

Reactions: 1 person

SupanutLeepaisom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.supanut2000.com
XP
Country
Thailand
One question though, where is the guy that will give me the Sinoh starters? I can't find it anywhere in Goldenrod City!
go to the pokemon center, and there should be a guy up in the top left corner. Cynthia gives you the other sinnoh starters after you beat the Elite Four, she's in the lab (where the Bike Shop used to be).

Drayano, any chance you can make Qwilfish compatible with the Swords Dance TM or have it as a level up move? He can learn it in Gen III, but not in any subsequent gen, which is really weird. I think you could do the same for BB/VW too (or maybe just the sequels).
Thanks, is the guy on the second floor or the first floor of the Pokemon Center? When I go in there I only found 2 people that gave me TMs.

bwburke94

Gotta hack 'em all!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but there's an Easter egg at the Goldenrod Game Corner. Perhaps it can be expanded on in v2 with the proper music.

Speaking of music, it should be rather easy to port the proper legendary battle themes from Platinum (or FR/LG/E in Deoxys' case.)

yamikaiba20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Was it only in Emerald where it could learn Swords Dance? I don't think it's uncommon for Pokemon to be able to learn moves in the third version of the main series games (Emerald, Platinum) and not be able to learn it in other games. Zapdos is able to learn Heat Wave in Platinum, not sure if it can outside of it.

jdthebud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, is the guy on the second floor or the first floor of the Pokemon Center? When I go in there I only found 2 people that gave me TMs.
there should be a Juggler on the first floor in the top left corner next to the desk, just like the Violet and Azalea City Pokemon Centers, where you got a Kanto/Hoenn starter. If he's gone, you already got a Sinnoh starter (he disappears after getting one). Make sure you have the latest version of the hack too.

Was it only in Emerald where it could learn Swords Dance? I don't think it's uncommon for Pokemon to be able to learn moves in the third version of the main series games (Emerald, Platinum) and not be able to learn it in other games. Zapdos is able to learn Heat Wave in Platinum, not sure if it can outside of it.
FireRed/LeafGreen move tutor as well. and B2W2 brought back move tutors.

moshbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Missingno Fishing bug also occurs with a Good Rod when fishing at night, specifically in Cherrygrove and Routes 40 and 41, probably for the same reason as the Super Rod Missingno.

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
I just caught a gabite with Rough Skin as an ability, but when it evolved, the resulting garchomp had Sand Veil instead. According to your documents, you gave the whole family Rough Skin in addition to Sand Veil, so I'm not really sure if the ability is supposed to change, or if you forgot to give garchomp Rough Skin. :huh:

Rabbel

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I need to get to route 42 to get HM Strength, but for some reason, these two gents don't seem to move out of my way. Am I missing something?

531o2.png

Dr3amer

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I need to get to route 42 to get HM Strength, but for some reason, these two gents don't seem to move out of my way. Am I missing something?

531o2.png
you have to do the lighthouse mission first and get the two badges befor you can reach the guy who gives u the hm

bwburke94

Gotta hack 'em all!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

531o2.png
you have to do the lighthouse mission first and get the two badges befor you can reach the guy who gives u the hm
In other words, you can't get Strength until after you get both the Storm Badge and Mineral Badge, since you don't need it until then anyway. There is something else you have to do at Route 47, but I'm not saying what it is to avoid SGSS-exclusive spoilers.

KeldeoResolution

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great hack, Dray, I'm up to Slowpoke Well. :) This is the best hack I've ever seen, and that tops even BBWV. I've only experienced the sprite glitch as of yet, but I've gotten round it. I'll report once I see some more glitches.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, guys, I probably owe you an explanation/apology given I did promise an update and I've still yet to deliver.

At risk of people getting annoyed, I put the SG/SS update on hold (i.e. it's not cancelled, just delayed) because I wanted to make a start on Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2. That ended up being wanting to finish them, which I have almost nearly done now. There's still some minor things I need to do such as change a couple item sprites and pieces of text, but on the whole it's finished. I've tested the main game on Normal mode on Black 2, but I've not yet tested White 2 (which has a couple differences) nor Challenge Mode, so there may be some things I still need to change. I still don't really know whether I should release it before or after the English release. I was leaning towards after, but then again it's exactly the same game in both regions apart from the text anyway. I'd probably appreciate some opinions, basically whether I should release immediately or wait a couple months. If I do wait until the English one is out, it'll probably be out in October. Otherwise, I'll release it combined with the English patch ProjectPokémon are doing, assuming I'm allowed to do so.

Oh, and just to clarify, the SG/SS update is still happening regardless.

Here's a couple screenshots I got... B2W2 spoilers to a degree even though they're all of stuff only in the hack, so if you haven't already played B2W2 look at your own risk. The English is, of course, not official.
BixnX.png
2vmWk.png
7skDJ.png
HXWNi.png
C5w0I.png
uBrei.png
qK4PO.png
EC2c1.png
GX77p.png
j96Qi.png
FGyi7.png
cky4O.png
NqCW8.png
hJhgC.png
nfvv4.png
Dc0rR.png
VQr0O.png
yf3XP.png
D92DV.png
STIr0.png
2y7uG.png

Now for the four odd pages of replies I haven't said anything to yet...

Michael, I've noticed you posting a couple times in my threads, so nice to have a regular fan! Or something. If you did actually try SGSS as a nuzlocke, how did it go?

thesmeedge - This flag resetting thing is really, really weird... I still have no idea what's causing it exactly as it hasn't happened to me once. The most common report I've heard is it being a result of entering the Union Room, but it doesn't sound like you did that in between losing to Jasmine and saving. I don't think I know a solution to this... I only wish I knew what was causing it. You might need to restart outright. :/

WillPaschall - If you still have the freezing issue, it's because your SGSS version is incredibly outdated. Try updating to 1.05 and see if it works.

Travex - Yeah, the RNG is interesting. 4th/5th gen seems to set it at the start of a turn; the most you can generally do to change it is to waste turns by switching or something. I guess it rolls specific numbers at the start of each turn, and there's no way you can change them. I assume on the other hand 3rd gen rolls them as you do actions. Though as I got later into the thread I read Cerberus's post... I guess that explains it, heh.

hi its me - The DeepSeaScale should've been on the beach near the Embedded Tower, yeah. Unless you happen to have picked up the one in Kanto already (I think the one in Route 19/20 or whatever and the Route 47 one use the same flag... I better change that) then I dunno why it's not showing up.

pokemonlovergpp - The $0 thing is a result of the trainer class Lyra has having 0 money. I've yet to figure out how to mess with the trainer classes so I'll have to leave that as $0 for now. I got your PM about Red's team also; I was considering just using a Stadium 2 team but that might work too. I will see about it. And no, I've yet to fix the Celebi event. Though, if you just mean the freeze that happens during it, then I'll have it fixed when I release V2. It'll be very easy to fix I believe. If you mean getting it to work with any Celebi then I don't really know how to do that; the script in Ilex Forest is HUGE so it's quite hard to identify things.

Chaosruler - Steven does seem to have some issues with his script order locking the Latis out... bit annoying, I might need to change that a little bit. The Mew issue is only with R4, and I still have no idea why that happens. I'll change it up for next release. The full heals is known and will be fixed.

aznamericansun - Glad to hear the problem got fixed. And uhh... guess I wasn't looking when I filled in the rest of "Night" in PPRE. It'll be fixed.

holyherald - Whoops. Will be fixed.

moshbear - Yeah, I've known about the Mantyke glitch; it's an issue with how PPRE reads and saves it. It's fixable easily enough, just had to delve into hex to do so. At the moment it'll evolve when a Voltorb is in the party. (For some reason the box next to that evo method reaches a max of 100, so when it reads the "458" value it instead puts it at 100, and then when that's saved it changes it to 100, i.e. Voltorb's index number.)

Ereht - Oh, I guess it's not just R4 the Mew glitch occurs on then...

Cilerba - That's actually not too bad an idea. I'll definitely consider it. Just to clarify, Electrode have their own overworld sprites, they aren't regular Poké Ball sprites so changing them won't be an issue.

pkmnlovergpp (again) - I've heard that Silver is a little bit more stable, but I don't know for sure.

Michael (again) - To be honest I don't think making these are that hard, it just takes a lot of free time, which I (luckily..?) have. =p But thanks for the defense.

NicoElson - That might be an issue with the anti piracy patch actually stopping you playing. Unless you know what I mean by change out the arm9.bin file for the original one there's not much I can say for this one.

JonNorth - The fishing bug is well known already. I know what's causing it, but it's a bit of a pain to fix. For the record, it only happens at night.

jdthebud - Oh yeah, I forgot Qwilfish randomly lost Swords Dance in the later gens. Sure, I can do that.

Cilerba (again) - Haha, thanks. I have no idea what possessed me to actually go through with the swarm idea (a friend jokingly suggested a swarm of Shellder in Fuchsia and I went for it) but it came out well, imo.

burke - I'd like to, the Big Win music from MD Sky would've been nice. :/ But thank you for noticing the Easter egg! Also, in response to your music comment, the problem isn't inserting the music so much (although that is a bit of an issue in itself, due to soundfonts - this is an example of why it'd need some editing - but actually getting it to play in the correct places. I have a feeling it'd need ASM hacking which I unfortunately don't really understand. :x I'd love the music for Steven, Cynthia and Arceus if nothing else, but I have zero idea on how to get it to actually play.

moshbear (again) - If I'm not mistaken it actually occurs everywhere in the game.

Clyde - Guess the top of this post answered that question, heh. I'd estimate it about ~50-60% done as far as fixing bugs/making changes has gone, though it still needs some further work. With any luck I'll get it out by the end of the month but I do apologise for so many delays. I have no idea where the hell the last two months went... 'sides from when I was working on BB2VW2, of course. Looking at the date, might've spent longer on that than I realised...

Bidoofguy - Might've forgot to save the ability probably. It'll be fixed.

Rabbel - Yeah, the order is changed and you have to go through the Olivine route first now. Kind of needed to do it to stop the levels being so nerfed.

Keldeo - Thanks, I guess. =P I'd like to hope BB2VW2 will top it, though the lack of events might make that a little difficult... Okay, I await your reports. Or rather, don't. I don't need more bugs! ;

Reactions: 1 person

Generation 16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that all looks pretty cool! I've already beat Normal Mode on B2 and I think that this will be a fun extra to do even if it's in Japanese. I say you should release it. By the way, are the changes to Pokemon pretty much the exact same thing as BBVW and SGSS?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There's some extra additions again but a lot of it is similar to BBVW and SGSS, though I got rid of the more random changes (like the random +5 Atk/SAtk a lot of Pokémon got) since I wanted to make them less... "silly". And I was a bit lazy. I tried to make some of them better in terms of their level up movepool/frequency instead. Pidgeot in particular is a right beast now!

I imported most of the level up moves straight from BBVW too, so yeah, a lot of the changes will be similar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh