ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Cease Tick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v.1.05 is a good hack so far. Only one bug to report, the GB Sounds bugged out for me during the Radio Tower incident with Team Rocket. The classic music and the modern music would overlap one another, and if you left the GB Sounds on the music would cut off completely eventually. Not sure if this has been reported yet or not.

Just beat the Elite 4 pretty convincingly on my first try, and Lance was a bit too easy in my experience. I beat most of his team with Avalanche as a Level 57 Feraligatr and Stone Edge as a Level 57 Tyranitar.

Drayano, maybe bump up the Elite 4 levels some to add to the difficulty that was in the game up to that point? ;)

What was the rest of your team? Because I fought the Elite Four when my whole team was level 51. I still beat everyone pretty easily, even while playing on set mode and not using items in battles, but from what other people have said about their levels at various points I seem to be underleveled.

ItsAaronLad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dray found a bug in 1.05,

In the battle against Blue (16th gym) It was my dragonite vs his machamp, my dragonite used fly and while it was in the air his machamp used ice punch and it hit dragonite.. Minor glitch just thought id let you know

Cease Tick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drayano, there's a bird trainer on Route 4 with

In the battle against Blue (16th gym) It was my dragonite vs his machamp, my dragonite used fly and while it was in the air his machamp used ice punch and it hit dragonite.. Minor glitch just thought id let you know

Not a bug. Machamp has No Guard, which lets it always hit with its attacks, even if the opponent is using fly/dig/etc. Only things that can protect you are Protect and Detect.

Monochrome Twist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v.1.05 is a good hack so far. Only one bug to report, the GB Sounds bugged out for me during the Radio Tower incident with Team Rocket. The classic music and the modern music would overlap one another, and if you left the GB Sounds on the music would cut off completely eventually. Not sure if this has been reported yet or not.

Just beat the Elite 4 pretty convincingly on my first try, and Lance was a bit too easy in my experience. I beat most of his team with Avalanche as a Level 57 Feraligatr and Stone Edge as a Level 57 Tyranitar.

Drayano, maybe bump up the Elite 4 levels some to add to the difficulty that was in the game up to that point? ;)

What was the rest of your team? Because I fought the Elite Four when my whole team was level 51. I still beat everyone pretty easily, even while playing on set mode and not using items in battles, but from what other people have said about their levels at various points I seem to be underleveled.

Feraligatr, Jolteon, Tyranitar, Magmortar, and Machamp. All around 54-55 besides Feraligatr and Tyranitar at level 57.

Hakugrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://imageshack.us...gold321437.png/

This is where the bug happens when I go to the Team Rocket members (I'm not sure who they are though) or Riley. Nothing happens, I can only talk to them. Going to the Pokemon Center wasn't able to help me.

Exact same thing is happening to me. Is there any known fix for this or do I have to wait for a patch?

Cease Tick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Feraligatr, Jolteon, Tyranitar, Magmortar, and Machamp. All around 54-55 besides Feraligatr and Tyranitar at level 57.
Oh, you're using a team of 5. I'm using a team of 6, so that's why you're levels were higher. Makes sense.

iDeQuez

Trophies
XP
Country
  • i am playing on an r4ds on a ds lite with the latest wood r4 software and when i select the sacred gold or storm silver game it shows a question mark and wont let me load the game please help.

RicardoAtanazioS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Are 3rd/4th gen pokemon found easily around the world (be it with trainers, or in wild...)??

I kind of dislike them, so it would be great if negative :P

But well, I have to decide if want a harder game or a game without those pokemon :P

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

That is normal. No Guard is an ability that lets Machamp and it's opponent land the attack always.

Kaotic18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bugodt.jpg

Dray!!! i don't know what happened i just passed under the bridge.

p.s. i was going to the second town/city

p.s.1. where can i find covenant orb?

ItsAaronLad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

That is normal. No Guard is an ability that lets Machamp and it's opponent land the attack always.
Didnt realise he had no guard :P my bad! :)

ItsAaronLad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got a massive shock, went into the pokemon league for the 2nd time(after beating kanto gyms) And came up against level 80 pokes... this is my team :P

Typhlosion Level 81
Dragonite Level 68
Lucario level 71
Swampert level 71
Jolteon level 66
Tyranitar level 70

What are my chances? :P

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that should give you good chances when the level remains at 80, but with the ai cracked up and probably supported with lots of healing items, i'd guess things will be pretty hard

general question, how is the bugsituation atm? are the parts where the game stops you from going on fixed now? or do you still have to rely on flag-fixing npcs?

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pokesav works on this.

There is a bug when you edit a party pokemon, the level and stats you edited to will not show up unless you battle and gain exp. You will then level up until the level you editted to is reached.

holoflame

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pokesav works on this.

There is a bug when you edit a party pokemon, the level and stats you edited to will not show up unless you battle and gain exp. You will then level up until the level you editted to is reached.

Not per se a bug, it used to happen to me in Pearl, back in those days.

apples01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokesav works on this.

Are you sure it's a bug? Did you click the "Stats Edit" button on your party pokemon and then click "All Max"?
You can edit the levels, IVs and EVs, but if you don't click the "All Max" button, then your stats will not show up. If you didn't, then that's probably why the stats and level don't show up.

bugodt.jpg

Dray!!! i don't know what happened i just passed under the bridge.

p.s. i was going to the second town/city

p.s.1. where can i find covenant orb?
This applies to all (Pokemon) games played via Desmume (specifically Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver and its variants):
In any situation where any of the following occur:
1. Sprites disappear
2. Sprites look glitchy/discolored/etc.
3. Your top screen goes black
4. Any discoloration of objects.
5. These are the only problems I am aware of. There may be more.

The solution is to do an in-game save. Yes, that means you have to open the Start menu (X) and save the game. SAVING STATES will NOT help get rid of this problem, only repeat it (this may be useful in case you save your game at a bad point). You must save your game.
So do an in-game save, but make a save state.

Then, reset the game. (If you're using an emulator, you can reset from the top menu instead of closing and opening the emulator.) Once the game loads, the glitchy colors/sprites/etc. should be gone. If the glitchy colors and whatnot are gone, you can start using save states again (and replace the save state you made before saving, so you don't repeat the problem.

The glitchy colors/sprites/black top screen occurs when you run the game on just save states for too long. That's why it is helpful to save the game every now and then in order to keep the game updated and glitch-free. You can still use save states. I always use save states, until the problem occurs again. Then, I'll do an in-game save, reset, and then resume the game with save states.

Also, remember to turn off the instant messages cheat if you're on Desmume when you reset.
As soon as you notice something wrong with the colors or sprites in the game, you need to save right then and there, or else your game will continue to glitch up even more until it freezes.
Also, if you're playing with sound on, you will notice that the sounds will stop playing as well when the game glitches up.
From the looks of the picture however, since your Start Menu is grayed out, your game is probably already frozen. If your game is already frozen to the point where you can't actually save your game, then you have no choice but to reset the game.
This problem can be avoided if you just do in-game saves often.

The Covenant Orb can be found via in-game trades from various NPCs. There should be a list of the locations of evolutionary items in the Documents folder that Drayano provided.

:EDIT:

Also, I found a very minor loophole regarding Fuschia City's Cloyster/Shellder invasion... I don't know if this was intentional or not, but apparently, you can just run from the Cloysters (instead of actually battling and defeating them) and it will still count and the Cloyster will still disappear. Again, this isn't really a big deal, but I thought I might just point that out.

matchu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. In Battle Frontier, I just fought a guy whose overworld sprite was an old man, but whose battle sprite was Steven, and a girl whose overworld sprite was a maid, but whose battle sprite was Cynthia. Did a trainer class or two get co-opted? :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Psi likes to milk beavers lol +1