ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

matchu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noticed the 440 Full Heals by the time I got to the true final battle of the Radio Tower. I'm pretty sure they weren't there significantly before then.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Advice to anyone who's experienced the Full Heal bug: Just throw out all the excess Full Heals.
Or sell them. :)

Btw, wow... So many users playing this on an emulator... I feel sorry for you guys that you can't experience this great hack properly.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Advice to anyone who's experienced the Full Heal bug: Just throw out all the excess Full Heals.
Or sell them. :)

Btw, wow... So many users playing this on an emulator... I feel sorry for you guys that you can't experience this great hack properly.
I used to play hacks on my Acekard, but emulators are superior imo due to the speed button!

pokepower22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Think i Worked out where the full heal glitch is- in the basement of the goldenrod town after the rival battle the item hidden behind a door is full heal- pick it up and I got the 437 full heals.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it just pisses me off about cycolone ds two... and i should be getting my super card two this week or next week...

JoeKrietzman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
im having a problem getting the main screen to load in version 1.05
whenever i open the rom i get a white screen and the intro isn't starting

JoeKrietzman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
o
You probably need to provide more information than that.
ok lets see
i downloaded the .rar file from dray's youtube video off of mediafire and then i started up Desmume and loaded version 1.05 but the screen would stay white but if i went to load a slot save the game would be stuck
another thing i noticed was when i tried to open the rar file it gave me two options
the documents and a pokemonstormsilvercomplete.nds file

Takren7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o
ok lets see
i downloaded the .rar file from dray's youtube video off of mediafire and then i started up Desmume and loaded version 1.05 but the screen would stay white but if i went to load a slot save the game would be stuck
another thing i noticed was when i tried to open the rar file it gave me two options

If you have any cheat codes enabled, disable them before loading the hack. I have heard the Fast Text code can cause this problem.

JoeKrietzman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
o
ok lets see

If you have any cheat codes enabled, disable them before loading the hack. I have heard the Fast Text code can cause this problem.
o
ok lets see

ok that fixed it

aquasword22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freezing problem at shojo falls dray. After the marley fight, any screen change besides the next boss fight seems to freeze the game. Great hack buy the way. Dusk stone placement makes me sad though.

ItsAaronLad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
o
ok lets see

Pick 'pokemonstormsilvercomplete.nds' as the file to load, maybe you downloaded just the patch instead of the patched rom. There is a downloadable rom thats prepatched and if you downloaded that one i dont have a clue. Cheat codes make it go white screen as well go to emulation, cheats and disable and re load the rom, works for me!

apples01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this may even be better than the original game itself. I was always a fan of Drayano's ROM edits, but this has got to be the best one. The modified story is absolutely wonderful. Of course, I do admit that I found myself going bonkers after a bunch of my opponent's pokemon managed to use Toxic or Sleep Powder on all of my pokemon in the beginning... until I found those 440 Full Heals... :) Now I see what those were for! Plus, I absolutely LOVE being underleveled against every other trainer! It really forces me to build a really balanced team and actually forces me to try.
But holy F*@#, I was mindblown when Giovanni popped up right after Archer.. that was an amazing storyline edit.

:EDIT: Also, I LOVE the fact that some pokemon have had their stats boosted a little bit. Pidgeot has a little bit more HP and Attack, and it also learns Close Combat. It's brilliant! I've always loved Pidgeot, but the game never gave it the stats it deserved (but then again, that's not very surprising, and Pikachu is a perfect example).

I think the original producers (GF) should take some notes!
Also... to address some common bugs...

im having a couple bug issues

the first one happened twice
upon entering violet city and doing the quiz for charmander then checking its stats i go back and the sprites are gone and the top screen goes black
the same thing happened after i beat the first trainer in pryces gym

the second one came at the rocket hideout in mahogany after having to start the hideout all over again i used the walk through walls code to get to the part at the electrodes however when i interacted with them my rom froze. then when i decided to leave it alone and go look for pokemon the game froze again anytime i would be about to encounter a pokemon

any ideas/tips
In any situation where any of the following occur:
1. Sprites disappear
2. Sprites look glitchy/discolored/etc.
3. Your top screen goes black
4. Any discoloration of objects.
5. These are the only problems I am aware of. There may be more.

The solution is to do an in-game save. Yes, that means you have to open the Start menu (X) and save the game. SAVING STATES will NOT help get rid of this problem, only repeat it (this may be useful in case you save your game at a bad point). You must save your game.
So do an in-game save, but make a save state.

Then, reset the game. (If you're using an emulator, you can reset from the top menu instead of closing and opening the emulator.) Once the game loads, the glitchy colors/sprites/etc. should be gone. If the glitchy colors and whatnot are gone, you can start using save states again (and replace the save state you made before saving, so you don't repeat the problem.

The glitchy colors/sprites/black top screen occurs when you run the game on just save states for too long. That's why it is helpful to save the game every now and then in order to keep the game updated and glitch-free. You can still use save states. I always use save states, until the problem occurs again. Then, I'll do an in-game save, reset, and then resume the game with save states.

Also, remember to turn off the instant messages cheat if you're on Desmume when you reset.

What answers should I choose in order to receive the Extremespeed Dragonair? I picked what I thought were "compassionate" responses, and he didn't offer me a Pokemon at all. >_<

Also, who gives you Rotom? I have the 8th gym badge, and I still haven't received it from anyone.

For the Dragonair, you just have to climb up the ladder in the Dragon's Den and then climb back down and then go talk to the elder with an empty slot in your party. Then he should give you the Dragonair. Here are the answers you need to guarantee the Extremespeed move:

Q1. What are Pokemon to you?
A1: Pal/Friend

Q2: What helps you to win battles?
A2: Strategy/Raising

Q3: What kind of trainers do you wish to battle?
A3: Anybody

A4: What is the most important thing for raising Pokemon?
Q4: Love/Knowledge

Q5: Strong Pokemon, Weak Pokemon. Which is more important?
A5: Both

Although, I think you're guaranteed an Extremespeed Dragonair regardless of the answers you choose, as long as you pass. I'm not quite sure about that, but I do know that I chose "Tough" for Question 3, and I still got an Extremespeed Dragonair.

ItsAaronLad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HELP! :( Guys i open my desmume folder and try to open the desmume application (Winrar) and it says there was an unexpected end of file? :O I have no idea why i did everything as i usually do when saving last night :( I re downloaded desmume and tried to move my save states but it says this :(

C:\Users\Aaron\Downloads\desmume-0.9.8-win64.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
Drag and drop operation failed
There are no more files.

This is what it says when i try to open desmume :(

C:\Users\Aaron\Downloads\desmume-0.9.8-win64.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Cannot execute "C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EX74.816\DeSmuME_x64.exe"

Please help? :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...