ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

ItsAaronLad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys since i havent seen this question yet,

Whats your team so far? (Or going to be)

Im really interested as id like some ideas starting out from scratch again :D

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
I used Luxray, Charizard, Vaporeon, Gallade and Sceptile. Didn't know what to use last so I just filled it with Empoleon, which I didn't use till after Elite Four.

I only use Pokemon I like, and i don't like a lot of them, so it's hard to build a team. :P

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On my current play through I'm going with,( I'm still early on )

Lotad, Eevee (Going to make her into a Glaceon), Croconaw (Getting rid off when I find some better pokes because I will be using Lotad), Charmander (Replacing with Growlithe as soon as possible)

I'm going to get a Rhyhorn when I can.

Any good early pokes I should get?

spasticbuddha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, today I learned a valuable lesson:

I was fighting Falkner, and everything was going smoothly; no deaths so far into my nuzlocke. Geodude was slaughtering everything with minimal effort. UNTIL

swablu with SOLARBEAM slaughtered everyone.

Seriously, what the hell?! Pidgeotto is supposed to be Falkner's hardest....Y u so mean, Drayano? :( To summarize: don't nuzlocke a hack made by Dray :3

Also, did you remove the great ball in the alcove above the Route 32 Pokemon Center or is that a glitch?

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

I was fighting Falkner, and everything was going smoothly; no deaths so far into my nuzlocke. Geodude was slaughtering everything with minimal effort. UNTIL

Seriously, what the hell?! Pidgeotto is supposed to be Falkner's hardest....Y u so mean, Drayano? :( To summarize: don't nuzlocke a hack made by Dray :3
Haha I learned that lesson with Blaze Black.

setne

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currently running an all Bug team after seeing the awesome type changes made to Masquerain, Illumise and Venomoth. I love bugs!!

My team: Masquerain, Vespiquen, Scizor, Heracross, Venomoth, Illumise

Falkner slaughtered my team (my team being Quilava and Surskit only) but I still somehow managed to get past the jerk after hours of grinding. Bugsy was a bit difficult (lvl 21 Scyther with Swords Dance wtf). Whitney, Morty and Chuck were easy because of Hera-motherfcking-cross and Venomoth..

Also, I don't think I'll be able to get past Claire with this team T__T

Reactions: 1 person

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently running an all Bug team after seeing the awesome type changes made to Masquerain, Illumise and Venomoth. I love bugs!!

My team: Masquerain, Vespiquen, Scizor, Heracross, Venomoth, Illumise

Falkner slaughtered my team (my team being Quilava and Surskit only) but I still somehow managed to get past the jerk after hours of grinding. Bugsy was a bit difficult (lvl 21 Scyther with Swords Dance wtf). Whitney, Morty and Chuck were easy because of Hera-motherfcking-cross and Venomoth..

Also, I don't think I'll be able to get past Claire with this team T__T
Fire owns your team dude!

Takren7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dray, according to your "Pokemon Locations" document, I should be able to find Noctowl on Route 35 at night, but I'm still finding Pidgeotto. In fact, I'm still finding Staravia on Route 36, and I shouldn't be at 9PM. Glitch?

Jaygarde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Dray, just created an account specifically for this hack--loved BlazeBlack/VoltWhite, so I was super excited to see this!

Anyway, I'm not sure if this has been brought up earlier in the topic, but I keep running into a recurring glitch that I don't know the cause of. Sometimes, after a battle (or anything else that causes me to exit the overworld screen temporarily, really), all the character sprites will glitch out, either turning into pixelated messes or disappearing entirely. Resetting fixes it, but I'm just wondering if there's a way to avoid it.

Aside from that, though, it's working like a dream. Serious props to you for this; I've enjoyed all the added content so far a ton, and I'm only to Mahogany Gym (current team: Typhlosion, Blastoise, Leafeon, Staraptor, Lairon, Gabite). Once I've beaten the game, I fully intend on trying a Nuzlocke challenge with this (although considering how difficult that proved in BlazeBlack...well, we'll see!)

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
Could we get a list of Pokemon trades? Since we need to do it to get the orbs for evolutions, can't find a list of them in the documents.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: This was on SG im trying SS now
EDIT2: Doesnt happen me on SS but im not using the exp code... could have something to do with it? :/ :/
I would be willing to bet it's cheat code related, since you're definitely the only person who's encountered this error...

http://imageshack.us...gold321437.png/

This is where the bug happens when I go to the Team Rocket members (I'm not sure who they are though) or Riley. Nothing happens, I can only talk to them. Going to the Pokemon Center wasn't able to help me.
Yeah, Riley shouldn't already be there. In fact, that seems like a flag problem; and yet you must have got Surf or you wouldn't be there. I wonder if you said you HAD got the call from the Lighthouse with the flag fixer (if you needed it), that might have affected something... Otherwise, I can't say I know how that's happening, given I'm pretty sure it sets all the flags in forced areas.

Dray you should just release the patch and AP separately. Like everyone else does, but put them all in the same folder and tell people to use the AP patch first and then patch SG/SS. Maybe that will stop the problems people are having. maybe the 2 patches being patched on a ROM at the same time is what's causing the emu freezes
Possible, and it's definitely what's causing the errors with the CycloDS. That said, I don't think you'd be able to apply the AP patch on top of the already edited ROM, but if I force you to use the AP first then CycloDS users are still going to have problems. Hopefully I'm wrong somewhere and there's a way around it... Darn shame I have so much revision to do or I'd give it a go.
Dray, can you upload you own sav file of SG/SS. I'm pretty interested in your sav :P
To be honest it's messy and all over the place, I'd rather not. :x

Also, did you remove the great ball in the alcove above the Route 32 Pokemon Center or is that a glitch?
Trust me, I'm well known for putting in ridiculous stuff, particularly on the 1st Gym! On the whole it's actually a lot better this time (Falkner's team needed more Hypnosis, evidently...)

And I don't think I removed that, though wasn't it hidden to begin with? I don't recall touching that one.
Dray, according to your "Pokemon Locations" document, I should be able to find Noctowl on Route 35 at night, but I'm still finding Pidgeotto. In fact, I'm still finding Staravia on Route 36, and I shouldn't be at 9PM. Glitch?
Yup, looks like I forgot to set those correctly. Thanks!

the game neeed more update?
Yup, still needs a few bugfixes.

Is a Light Ball in this game?
Yup, if you catch a Pikachu, go to Goldenrod's Magnet Station. There's a woman on the right hand side who will give you the Light Ball if you show her the Pikachu.

Dray, you took all the Dusk Balls away?

Not like I need it to catch Ho-Oh. :P
I don't think I got rid of any of them o-o I was mostly replacing the Mails. They might just be late in HGSS anyway, I can't remember.

Hey, Dray, just created an account specifically for this hack--loved BlazeBlack/VoltWhite, so I was super excited to see this!

Anyway, I'm not sure if this has been brought up earlier in the topic, but I keep running into a recurring glitch that I don't know the cause of. Sometimes, after a battle (or anything else that causes me to exit the overworld screen temporarily, really), all the character sprites will glitch out, either turning into pixelated messes or disappearing entirely. Resetting fixes it, but I'm just wondering if there's a way to avoid it.

Aside from that, though, it's working like a dream. Serious props to you for this; I've enjoyed all the added content so far a ton, and I'm only to Mahogany Gym (current team: Typhlosion, Blastoise, Leafeon, Staraptor, Lairon, Gabite). Once I've beaten the game, I fully intend on trying a Nuzlocke challenge with this (although considering how difficult that proved in BlazeBlack...well, we'll see!)
Nice for people to be excited, haha. That particular glitch is an emulator problem; DeSmuME has a habit of doing that sometimes, so you need to do the save and reset thing as you've already discovered. AFAIK it's not possible to fix it, but thankfully it's not game breaking.

Could we get a list of Pokemon trades? Since we need to do it to get the orbs for evolutions, can't find a list of them in the documents.
I probably should make a doc for that, but I'll give you a quick list:

First Pokémon is what you get, second is what you trade for it. I don't seem to have the actual things they want noted down so I'm doing those from memory.

Gligar Rhyhorn, Violet City
Torkoal Noctowl, Goldenrod Mart 5F
Skarmory Electabuzz, Olivine City
Smoochum Mime. Jr, Ecruteak City
Chansey Munchlax, Goldenrod City (after Safari Zone events)
Beldum Gible, Azalea Town Pokemon Center
Espeon Clefable, Pewter City Pokemon Center
Porygon2 Quagsire, Power Plant.
Steelix Anything, Olivine Gym
Rhyperior Bonsly, Diglett's Cave
Pikachu Pikachu, Saffron Train Station

P.S: Has anyone else found that they've got about 400 odd Full Heals in their inventory randomly? I've seen three instances of it and I have no idea where the hell they're coming from. ._.;

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the list. There's only 1 guy in Diglet's Cave, at the Vermilion side, and he won't offer a trade. >:

EDIT: Ha, this one too:

qUpAT.jpg

1cx2q.jpg

MoYIr.jpg

So, a few bugs to iron out with these. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol