ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Mason11987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I did speak to everyone in there including the pokemon. And heh, I haven't been playing very much. I crashed at the Olivine Gym on 1.00 and then waited a day while you fixed it. :P Also jsut crashed again and lost a bunch more progress, pain in the arse to re-do things, but I'll try to get to the end.

However, around this time too, after finishing the pwoer plant stuff. Walkthroughs say the guards should let up, after the power plant and beating the first 3 gyms you have access to (Surge, Misty and Brock), you should be able to walk up into Saffron City, but the guard still turns me away there. So, I'm having to do things backwards, go backwards through Rock Tunnel to get to Lavender Town, and hope something there enables the guards to let me through. Is this something you changed?
I see, that might explain something... also, where was that second crash? Could be important. D: And yeah, I changed that. The guards don't do anything in the main game but I linearised Kanto to give it a different level curve. Basically it means you can't get into Saffron for a while, so you kind of have to go the same way you do in RB.

Dray, do you have any suggestions regarding freezing issues using nogba and nozoomer? I mentioned my problem about a page back. I appreciate any experience you have around this. Thanks for the hack!

Here was my post:

I'm using No$GBA w/ NoZoomer and I'm getting freezes all the time. Is there something I need to do with the game IDs? I'm also using all the cheats listed in the action replay doc.

I got the HG rom from emuparadise. I'm also having issues where saves won't stick unless I shut down nogba after saving and then restart. It makes it really difficult to play.

Does anyone have any good comprehensive instructions on playing this on no$gba? I have had to replay parts of the game 10-20 times so far and I haven't even reached the first gym. I appreciate any help that's out there. I know I can use desume but I'd prefer not to simply due to the speed I get from no$gba.
I'm getting really confused tbh, some people aren't crashing, some are, despite using the exact same emulator. I wish I knew a perfect fix to this ;_;

One thing I can suggest, when you save go to File --> Save Battery File. That'll save it properly without you having to reopen no$ each time, which might make it a bit easier for you.

Is it possibly an issue with settings? I assume you're using no$gba and not crashing. Can you post your take a screenshot of your settings?

Also, thanks for the tip. I'll do that.

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, Fuchsia City. Not to spoil, but damn that Pokecenter attendant not healing my pokemon. :P I like it. One thing here as I go, the lady on the right side of town has post-event speech instead of pre, she says thank you for saving her before you save her. Very small thing though.

D

Deleted User

Is there any chance someone could post a pre-patched version for download? For some reason my computer won't let me patch anything properly, or I'm just an idiot

WilliamCha

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey Dray, good job on this. I really like your hack a lot. ( Although im new here :P )
One thing i dont know is where do we get exp share? that says we get it in violet city but i dont know who to talk to

And for those who have difficulties about freezes here and there, i think u need to download pokefix and look up for tutorial on youtube. im going for mahogany gym soon and have not met any freeze yet.

Edit: Found the exp share by talking to the guy at pokecentre

welkevintje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Dray,

I switched from no$gba 2.6a (worked good) to Desmume now, due to me having a Mac now.
Desmume 0.9.8 works fine, haven't had any graphical errors or freezes yet (have played like 1.30 hour on DeSmuME now.
Love the game so far, Falkner really is a pain in the butt for me (my Jolteon didn't learn T-shock, because it was still an Eevee :( )
Training up for level 23 now :P Love the Farfetch'd change, makes it much tougher.

Reactions: 1 person

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
Standing on the red teleporter in Sabrina's room in Saffron freezes the game.

Photographer on Route 1 freezes also.

setne

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow. Amazing hack.

I love what you did to Farfetch'd and Masquerain. My favorite pokemon! (Although, why isn't Masq compatible with Surf while Surskit is? I would have loved for Masq to have Surf)

Also, loled at this when I saw it at Ilex Forest
vine-whip.jpg

welkevintje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Amazing hack.

I love what you did to Farfetch'd and Masquerain. My favorite pokemon! (Although, why isn't Masq compatible with Surf while Surskit is? I would have loved for Masq to have Surf)

Also, loled at this when I saw it at Ilex Forest
vine-whip.jpg
Haha. Today had my first 2 errors on Desmume 0.9.8 (Mac binary). First one was a graphical glitch and when Fisherman Ralph decided to call me about his Qwilfish, I got a black screen afterwards. Doesn't matter too much though.
Jesus, stupid Whitney WAS annoying but is even more annoying... Took me 17 attempts to beat her..... =D Team so far at the route just past Goldenrod:

Glenn - Kirlia - Level 23 - Male - Quirky - Trace - Exp. Share - Calm Mind, Taunt, Extrasensory, Shock Wave
Magica - Misdreavus - Level 23 - Female - Timid (Oh god..) - Levitate - Soothe Bell (For lolz) - Mean Look - Psybeam - Aerial Ace - Confuse Ray
Rampage - Rampardos - Level 22 - Male - Mild - Reckless - King's Rock (Gotta love flinches) - Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Take Down, Roar

The the two favorites so far

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, Fuchsia City. Not to spoil, but damn that Pokecenter attendant not healing my pokemon. :P I like it. One thing here as I go, the lady on the right side of town has post-event speech instead of pre, she says thank you for saving her before you save her. Very small thing though.
Hah, glad you liked it. Well, if you mean the woman I think you do, she's surrounded by the four Shellder/Cloyster, and you rescue her from them if I'm not mistaken.

I only just noticed you don't spin around on the green teleporters. Both noted.

i love how u cut out the "let me teach you how to catch a pokemon" by lyra,i always hated that shit!
btw,best hack ever!!!!!
Heh yeah, I always hated that too.

And that's quite a nice team you've got there! Although I assume you mean Cranidos rather than Rampardos. If you had a Level 22 Rampardos, something would've gone horribly wrong. =p

edit: Checked up on the Lati event error, it is just from talking to that woman due to a testing thing I left in. Even if you happen to do that the event will still occur normally when you collect the Clefairy Doll.

Iceypunchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Am i the only one that has problems with XGui or whatever that program is,When i'm trying to open it i get an error message"XGUI stopped working"

Master_Z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
17 attempts? I beat her the first try thanks to Umbreon and Combusken. Haven't had any issues so far, but I'm playing conservatively (not giving phone number to any trainers, etc.).

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
Hah, glad you liked it. Well, if you mean the woman I think you do, she's surrounded by the four Shellder/Cloyster, and you rescue her from them if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, but she says thank you for saving her while the shellder and cloyster are still there. But like I said, doesn't matter.

Finished off Red, gonna round up the legendaries then start filling the dex.

welkevintje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I only just noticed you don't spin around on the green teleporters. Both noted.

i love how u cut out the "let me teach you how to catch a pokemon" by lyra,i always hated that shit!
btw,best hack ever!!!!!
Heh yeah, I always hated that too.

And that's quite a nice team you've got there! Although I assume you mean Cranidos rather than Rampardos. If you had a Level 22 Rampardos, something would've gone horribly wrong. =p

edit: Checked up on the Lati event error, it is just from talking to that woman due to a testing thing I left in. Even if you happen to do that the event will still occur normally when you collect the Clefairy Doll.
Ew, lol. Cranidos yeh. I love the way how you gave us the fossils, just awesome =p

R4ndom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why does Fan-Rotom have Motor Drive? In the 4th gen, Rotom's formes still have the Electric/Ghost typing, meaning there is no reason to replace Levitate on Fan-Rotom. I guess you should in the next update either replace the ability on Fan-Rotom with Levitate, or you could change the formes' Ghost-typing to what it is in Black/White. I personally vote for the latter. :)

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Am i the only one that has problems with XGui or whatever that program is,When i'm trying to open it i get an error message"XGUI stopped working"
I think one or two others have. There's something a few pages back instructing a different way to do it, though I can't remember where exactly.

im supposed to get the gym leaders # right after i beat em,right?cuz thats not happening
Correct, except for Falkner who will give you his shortly after instead.

Why does Fan-Rotom have Motor Drive? In the 4th gen, Rotom's formes still have the Electric/Ghost typing, meaning there is no reason to replace Levitate on Fan-Rotom. I guess you should in the next update either replace the ability on Fan-Rotom with Levitate, or you could change the formes' Ghost-typing to what it is in Black/White. I personally vote for the latter. :)
Ah, crap, I thought I changed the types. D: I'll do that for the next update.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye