ROM Hack Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire: OR/AS Challenge Mode ROMhack!

Elton D. Tiglao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, is it still allowed to make .cia out of this? thanks for good update your game is killing me with the opponent's unique strategies

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Whoops, my B. I forgot to compile Braindump 0.0.1 in my pack. New pack incoming.

Braindump 0.0.1 (the version that creates romfs.bin and code.bin files) is now properly included in the download pack.
0.1 or 0.0.1?
bc I have 0.0.1 on my SD card and it still dumps as a cxi file

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

(instead of telling them to delete their current braindump if they get a cxi. file why not just tell them how to extract the romfs using ctrtools?)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-decrypt-a-cxi-file.412384/

Saves people having to dump their roms again

MaChao1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't quite get this method to work :\
very new to anything like this, any chance there is a CIA version available?

(got as far as dumping from my game and it came as a .cxi file, also tried using extractor with it just incase and still nothing, I know it's more than likely a massive mistake I'm making, most of this stuff goes over my head xD)

Last edited by MaChao1990,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

(got as far as dumping from my game and it came as a .cxi file, also tried using extractor with it just incase and still nothing, I know it's more than likely a massive mistake I'm making, most of this stuff goes over my head xD)
Are you using the Braindump that came in the download pack? I just tested that version myself, and it dumps a romfs.bin and code.bin.

MaChao1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the rutile ruby pack? I didn't see any form of braindump in there so I looked for another version and used that which explains where I went wrong, I found the brain dump files in the pack (just now) but when I run homebrew there is no sign of it :\

How do I access the braindump app?

Last edited by MaChao1990,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the rutile ruby pack? I didn't see any form of braindump in there so I looked for another version and used that which explains where I went wrong, I found the brain dump files in the pack (just now) but when I run homebrew there is no sign of it :\

How do I access the braindump app?
Assuming you tried putting them in the /3ds folder, try putting them in /3ds/braindump. I'll release yet another distribution zip with them in a folder if that works. Please report back, because my 3DS Homebrew Launcher seems to find Braindump just fine with the 3dsx and xml files in the /3ds folder.

Last edited by Dio Vento,

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country

(got as far as dumping from my game and it came as a .cxi file, also tried using extractor with it just in case and still nothing, I know it's more than likely a massive mistake I'm making, most of this stuff goes over my head xD)

Basically click on the link I posted earlier. Make sure you have the ctrtools .exe in the same folder as the .cxi file, then right click the page whilst holding shift and press "Open command window here" (make sure you haven't highlighted anything) and then paste..

"ctrtool -p --exefs=exefs.bin --romfs=romfs.bin id.cxi"

change the "id.cxi" to the same ID as the rom/cxi file you're trying to extract from. press enter and it should create two separate folders, of which one will be your romfs file and the other isn't required so you can delete that immediately if you want.

Just make sure to have the most updated ctrtools.exe file in the same folder as the cxi rom
(https://github.com/profi200/Project_CTR/releases)

note: don't bother double clicking the .exe file because nothing happens

Also I tried using the new method last night, followed everything religiously and it still didn't seem to work for me.

Maybe it's my Alpha Sapphire version. Can I delete the most recent update to the cartridge via deleting the folder created on the SD card or are updates stored on the cartridge and not the console?

Last edited by Jarrad,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically click on the link I posted earlier. Make sure you have the ctrtools .exe in the same folder as the .cxi file, then right click the page whilst holding shift and press "Open command window here" (make sure you haven't highlighted anything) and then paste..

"ctrtool -p --exefs=exefs.bin --romfs=romfs.bin id.cxi"

change the "id.cxi" to the same ID as the rom/cxi file you're trying to extract from. press enter and it should create two separate folders, of which one will be your romfs file and the other isn't required so you can delete that immediately if you want.

Just make sure to have the most updated ctrtools.exe file in the same folder as the cxi rom
(https://github.com/profi200/Project_CTR/releases)

note: don't bother double clicking the .exe file because nothing happens

Also I tried using the new method last night, followed everything religiously and it still didn't seem to work for me.

Maybe it's my Alpha Sapphire version. Can I delete the most recent update to the cartridge via deleting the folder created on the SD card or are updates stored on the cartridge and not the console?
First of all, Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire require the modified exefs in the form of code.bin to have all their features. Simply patching the romfs will not install the full mod.
The exefs files necessary for proper CIA generation are still in the distribution package.
Your Alpha Sapphire version shouldn't have any effect on the game through HANS, since it doesn't even load game updates.
Try following the new video guide. Everything should be working just fine compared to last night. Make sure to redownload the Distribution Pack.

Reactions: Jarrad

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two braindump icons on my homebrew menu

how..
Likely you have two versions of Braindump. Go into your /3ds folder and delete all instances of braindump, then copy the braindump 3dsx and xml directly to your /3ds folder from the RR/SS distribution pack.

Also, if you have a .cia or .3ds rom you can extract the romfs of Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby from, you don't even need to bother with Braindump. Just extract that ROMFS and pick the tutorial up from step 4 (extracting ROMFS).

Last edited by Dio Vento,

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the fourth time now.. It still says Romfs Path ( INVALID ) in the hans start up thing..

What am I doing wrong? I'm following the video step by step.... :hateit:

oh.. I've just launched it straight off the homebrew menu and it's working.. lol

MaChao1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turns out the distribution pack of rutile ruby I downloaded was missing the braindump 3dsx file which is why it wouldn't show up xD

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those text edits are related to the story line or something not important?
Minor things. You'll see something like a trainer saying "My Poochyena is so cute!" and throwing out a Parasect, and the Battle Item merchant in Slateport City will still claim she sells Incense (even though she still sells leftovers, life orb, etc).

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Minor things. You'll see something like a trainer saying "My Poochyena is so cute!" and throwing out a Parasect, and the Battle Item merchant in Slateport City will still claim she sells Incense (even though she still sells leftovers, life orb, etc).

Yeah, I noticed that, I started a battle against a fisherman just before Rustboro City, the battle starts "A horde of Poochyena"... It was just 5 Magikarps. lol

But yeah, minor thing, really. I don't think I miss that much information, anyways, I could translate those small edits in French if you want, maybe not doing the modification itself in the hackrom but if you send me the English sentences, I could provide you French equivalents to really "polish" it, even in other languages.

Pokémon RR is really a great hack. It does not change the whole game and keep what the game really is but those battles are just waaaaay more interesting. Already looking forward to see your hack on 7G with Sun/Moon.
Just a small question, do you think that a day or another, Pokémon RR will be able to run with the last update? It would be more convenient to me if I could just run RR without running HANS but as I still want to play online, I have to keep the update installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-