ROM Hack Pokémon Platinum - A little more English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowkillerdrag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warcueid said:
ivanthegreat said:
lol the exe patch doesnt work for me i did the other way and works
now the problem is why does it not read my save data from before o.o
yes i renamed it the same still doesnt read my data? gues il have to restart if theres no fix X_X
Unless you're using Vista, there's no way it shouldn't work. As long as you grab a clean, untrimmed rom and drag it onto the exe file, it should work.

I think the reason your .sav file isn't reading is because the headers were changed. (Not sure). He said that AR cheats work now, so I take it that the headers were changed... which means your .sav doesn't work.
Well time for me to go shoot the hell outta my vista >.<
dry.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I can confirm that none of the files are viruses, since I have downloaded them all. (The patches and the patcher). Maybe your anti-virus is seeing it as an unknown file type?

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MizuhoChan said:
Well I don't mean the whole game, just some bits like menus and such. Reading the japanese isn't too difficult, I've been reading the japanese and translating little bits.

Knowing Japanese isn't my problem.
My issue is that to edit the text one most decrypt the text, edit it, then re-encrypt it.
Most people that know how to do this wouldn't be asking me for help, as I'm a n00b in comparison.

Only two things can help me now: Have a program that re-encryptes the text or be really skilled in Visual C++ and can help me program the re-encrypter.
My hands are tied otherwise.

That's why obvious things, such as the name for the Battle Recorder isn't in English.

ivanthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warcueid said:
ivanthegreat said:
lol the exe patch doesnt work for me i did the other way and works
now the problem is why does it not read my save data from before o.o
yes i renamed it the same still doesnt read my data? gues il have to restart if theres no fix X_X
Unless you're using Vista, there's no way it shouldn't work. As long as you grab a clean, untrimmed rom and drag it onto the exe file, it should work.

I think the reason your .sav file isn't reading is because the headers were changed. (Not sure). He said that AR cheats work now, so I take it that the headers were changed... which means your .sav doesn't work.

nah i dont use vista its the anti virus and dont let it work but no worrys i have it working with the other way
and can i fix my sav file or do i have to start over?

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
Rykin said:
MizuhoChan said:
Well I don't mean the whole game, just some bits like menus and such. Reading the japanese isn't too difficult, I've been reading the japanese and translating little bits.

Knowing Japanese isn't my problem.
My issue is that to edit the text one most decrypt the text, edit it, then re-encrypt it.
Most people that know how to do this wouldn't be asking me for help, as I'm a n00b in comparison.

Only two things can help me now: Have a program that re-encryptes the text or be really skilled in Visual C++ and can help me program the re-encrypter.
My hands are tied otherwise.

That's why obvious things, such as the name for the Battle Recorder isn't in English.
I see. Unfortunately, I can't do these things. So I suppose I'm pretty much useless. Ah well. Hope you find some help =)

ivanthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4zndude345 said:
ya so i download agian and i put it in the exe nutin happen

turn off your anti virus =p

Posts merged

QUOTE(ponchods @ Sep 17 2008, 03:20 AM) I'm using a Mac. Am I screwed? D;

use the exe they just uploaded =)

Sinclaircito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi I'm new here.
I really appreciate your patch man, but I like to ask about the names, because there are some pokemon that appears with a weird name :s!!, I would like to ask if you can fix that please, and some atcks too.

Thx again for your patch, and sorry if I make a mistake writing here, I'm from chile and my english sometimes isn't very good
tongue.gif
!

see you
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P