ROM Hack Pokemon ORAS GBA Music Romhack

Do you prefer the original music or the ORAS remastered?

• Total voters

Scoreless Pine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey people, I posted this quite a while ago on Reddit on /r/3dshacks and /r/pokemonromhacks but it didn't seem to get too much attention there, so I thought you guys might like it!

Relive the good-old days of the GBA in the Hoenn region with all (if not most) of the original Hoenn Music!

Installation Instructions:

Using Gateway or other methods:
I do not have a gateway, but if you can find directions for another romhack on gateway, follow those instructions, but instead replacing only the files mentioned below.

Using HANS:

Step 0: The Basics

First you must have your game's .romfs file or a way to get it, as well as a way to extract and recompile the file like the PackHack romfs Extractor. You also obviously have to have a way to play romhacks in the first place.

Step 1: Extract your .romfs

Once the file has been extracted, you will find a folder titled "romfs_" This will be the folder you put the download into.

Step 2: Copy-Pasta

Copy and paste the "sounds" folder from the download .rar into the romfs_ folder. It should ask if you want to replace the files in the destination, click yes.

Step 3: Recompile

Using a romfs builder program, recompile your folder back into a new .bin file named "romfs.bin"

Step 4 (Only if not using latest version of HANS): Delete the first 0x1000 bytes

If you are using a non-up-to-date version of Smealum's HANS, using a bin editor, delete the first 0x1000 bytes of data in the file. Save it and close the bin editor.

Step 5: Renaming

Rename the file from "romfs.bin" to *.romfs where * is your game's ID according to HANS.

Step 6: Put it where it needs to go

Place the file in the \hans\ folder on the root of your SD card. If it is not there, make it and put it there.

Step 7: Open Homebrew and HANS to see the magic work

Open up HANS and select the read romfs option. If everything goes well, enjoy your game with the classic GBA music once more!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9618ghs63ew7j77/sound.rar

Also, very sorry if this is not visually appealing like other romhacks, I just don't have any images of the game to upload and even if I did, it's kinda just a sound mod so images wouldn't really help much XD. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy it.

Last edited by Scoreless Pine,

Typhloquil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm unsure if you'll have a reply, but I am having problems installing the music.
I followed every step above, but for whatever reason, when I try to use custom music in a hack with HANS, HANS will crash.
I haven't been able to find a solution. Do you know why this may occur? Thanks. : )

EDIT: I figured it out. Just had to redump my rom.

Last edited by Typhloquil,

ChrisN8

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice, thanks to you i find the way to change song. I didn't know it was that easy and with layeredFS plugin, rebuild rom is even not needed :)
Edit : I can't find the towns/cities themes, do you know how they are named in the sound folder ?

Last edited by ChrisN8,

Scoreless Pine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, thanks to you i find the way to change song. I didn't know it was that easy and with layeredFS plugin, rebuild rom is even not needed :)
Edit : I can't find the towns/cities themes, do you know how they are named in the sound folder ?
I believe they are named bgm_sg_t_(number of song) in the sound folder.

Reactions: ChrisN8

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No it is not, I took the files from brawlcustommusic.com and converted them to the right files and file names to be used in ORAS. What is in your sound pack that you're talking about?
He's probably talking about https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-pokémon-gbalpha-sapphire.390765/
Which I thought was a nice idea until I read all the things that it changes in the game which kind of ruined it for me, so your mod is perfect. I know at least one person who wanted something like this but he was also turned off by the extensive changes in GBAlpha Sapphire when I linked it to him.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
this is an old ass post but i wanna ask, how do i install this on luma

I'm trying to install it right now, it should be only a folder named with the title ID and inside a "romfs_" folder, something like this:

sd:/luma/titles/[GAME ID]/romfs_/sounds

I'll post the result when done.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
UPDATE: For Luma users, just place the content inside the "sound" folder from the downloaded zip into:

Alpha Sapphire:
Code:
sd:/luma/titles/000400000011c500/romfs/sounds

Omega Ruby:
Code:
sd:/luma/titles/000400000011c400/romfs/sounds

Is amazing how Luma makes this exremely easy compared to 2016 methods, enjoy!

Last edited by DSoryu,
Reactions: mesher

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer