Gaming Pokemon ORAS: Eon Ticket?

Do you consider a homepass relay to be a legitimate way of obtaining an Eon Ticket in Pokemon: ORAS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When has Nintendo ever tried to break Homepass with a system update? That's right never. The other things you're equating it to on the other hand, (Cheating, and Piracy) Nintendo has made a concerted effort to curb. Which would imply they don't want it happening yes?
I guess Sky3DS is perfectly legal then, by your logic if they never attempted to break it it's perfectly legal.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess Sky3DS is perfectly legal then, by your logic if they never attempted to break it it's perfectly legal.
If you knew how Sky3DS works then you'd know it's not as simple as that, It emulates a legitimate game card. Nintendo can't patch SKY3DS that easily without causing some legitimate carts to be blocked as well.

Otherwise they would have blocked it years ago. That's why they added new AP to their games.

Last edited by Monty Kensicle,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you knew how Sky3DS works then you'd know it's not as simple as that, It emulates a legitimate game card. Nintendo can't patch SKY3DS that easily without causing some legitimate carts to be blocked as well. Otherwise they would have blocked it years ago.
So you cant defend your logic claim of "if it cant be blocked then its legal" bullcrap.

Sorry but homepass will always be illegitimate until Nintendo says otherwise.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
So you cant defend your logic claim of "if it cant be blocked then its legal" bullcrap.
Sorry but homepass will always be illegitimate until Nintendo says otherwise.
I never said that. Nintendo could easily block Homepass from working by employing a Whitelist of authorized MAC addresses. But they didn't so it obviously doesn't matter to them who gets streetpases from where.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo could easily block Homepass from working by employing a Whitelist of authorized MAC addresses. But they didn't so it obviously doesn't matter to them who gets streetpases from where.
So your just gonna avoid your crappy "if it cant be blocked its legal" logic?

Then dont mind if I claim that Sky3DS is legitimate then.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
So your just gonna avoid your crappy "if it cant be blocked its legal" logic?

Then dont mind if I claim that Sky3DS is legitimate then.
I do not care what you do, shove 100 SKY3DS carts up your arse if you like.

Wanting to block something and being unable to, versus not caring to block something are two different things.

When did I say those exact words? Quit adding quotation marks to your own text as though someone else said them.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about this then?

When has Nintendo ever tried to break Homepass with a system update? That's right never. The other things you're equating it to on the other hand, (Cheating, and Piracy) Nintendo has made a concerted effort to curb. Which would imply they don't want it happening yes?

Switch Homepass with Sky3DS and it makes it exactly the same si

You cant just cherry pick what you want and dont want to consider illegitimate, Nintendo themselves never once acknowledged homepass as an approved method. You can beat around the bush all you want and jump through thousands of hoops but in the end of the day it is no official and therefore illegitimate.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/legitimate

legitimate
play
adjective le·git·i·mate \li-ˈji-tə-mət\

• : allowed according to rules or laws

• : real, accepted, or official

• : fair or reasonable

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How the hell did this thread have any sort of potential to initiate a moral debate...
Just let people play games the way they want to, it's not that hard. Heck, I haven't played a single game without cheats in a decade (well except on consoles where I wasn't able to use chears, like the Wii U before TCP Gecko was released)

Last edited by MichiS97,
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
How about this then?

Switch Homepass with Sky3DS and it makes it exactly the same si

You cant just cherry pick what you want and dont want to consider illegitimate, Nintendo themselves never once acknowledged homepass as an approved method. You can beat around the bush all you want and jump through thousands of hoops but in the end of the day it is no official and therefore illegitimate.
No, it's not. Sky3DS is not the same thing, it would be considered a hardware modification which is stated to be a big no-no from Nintendo.

Hompass is something which has nothing to do with the "Stability" of the system.

Why would they have to approve of Homepass? Just to make you feel better?

Reactions: MichiS97

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's not. Sky3DS is not the same thing, it would be considered a hardware modification which is stated to be a big no-no from Nintendo.

Hompass is something which has nothing to do with the "Stability" of the system.

Why would they have to approve of Homepass? Just to make you feel better?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picking

Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position. It is a kind of fallacy of selective attention, the most common example of which is the confirmation bias.[1][2] Cherry picking may be committed intentionally or unintentionally. This fallacy is a major problem in public debate.[3]

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrite

hypocrite

noun hyp·o·crite \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\
  • : a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs

Sky3DS also has nothing to do with the stability of the system either.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position. It is a kind of fallacy of selective attention, the most common example of which is the confirmation bias.[1][2] Cherry picking may be committed intentionally or unintentionally. This fallacy is a major problem in public debate.[3]

hypocrite

• : a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs

Sky3DS also has nothing to do with the stability of the system either.
So you're trying to piss me off eh? I did not once purport to be the authority on what is approved by Nintendo, I just gave my interpretation of the situation and how Nintendo has behaved. I guess I should have called Homepass a Grey-area, would that have been less offensive to thee?

Next time, I will try to preface things with "I think" and "I feel" that way they won't get misinterpreted as fact.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're trying to piss me off eh? I did not once purport to be the authority on what is approved by Nintendo, I just gave my interpretation of the situation and how Nintendo has behaved. I guess I should have called Homepass a Grey-area, would that have been less offensive to thee?

Last I checked I'm in control of my own actions and behaviors and I would assume you are in control of your own too, if you want to get pissed off thats your business.

Homepass is not at all a gray area nor is it illegal to use, its just not legitimate. Unless the TC went to an official event to receive the Eon ticket or got one through actual streetpass, any other means is not legitimate. Why is that so hard to understand?

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Last I checked I'm in control of my own actions and behaviors and I would assume you are in control of your own too, if you want to get pissed off thats your business.

Homepass is not at all a gray area nor is it illegal to use, its just not legitimate. Unless the TC went to an official event to receive the Eon ticket or got one through actual streetpass, any other means is not legitimate. Why is that so hard to understand?
It's quite inflammatory to call someone a hypocrite, or in your case copy-pasting definitions into your posts as though that were some great thing.

Hompass is IDENTICAL to a regular streetpass relay, how would the resulting Eon ticket be considered illegitimate? My Eon ticket was had by the event Nintendo held, if I streetpass someone in real life or via a relay, the bytes are exactly the same.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's quite inflammatory to call someone a hypocrite, or in your case copy-pasting definitions into your posts as though that were some great thing.

Hompass is IDENTICAL to a regular streetpass relay, how would the resulting Eon ticket be considered illegitimate? My Eon ticket was had by the event Nintendo held, if I streetpass someone in real life or via a relay, the bytes are exactly the same.
I'd say copypasting definitions with sources cited is a great way to educate those who don't understand the fallacies they make when trying to present an argument. Hope you learned something valuable from either definition.

and using homebrew or powersaves gets you the ticket as well and funny enough Nintendo hasn't blocked powersaves either.

So I guess thats another thing thats considered legal since it cant be blocked right?

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd say copypasting definitions with sources cited is a great way to educate those who don't understand the fallacies they make when trying to present an argument. Hope you learned something valuable from either definition.

and using homebrew or powersaves gets you the ticket as well and funny enough Nintendo hasn't blocked powersaves either.

So I guess thats another thing thats considered legal since it cant be blocked right?
Nintendo bans people who cheat online with PowerSaves or any other device that modifies the save file to the extent that your have impossible stats and the like. Powersaves is another Grey area, Nintendo doesn't care what you do to your own game save, but when it can hinder another player's enjoyment online? Then they have a problem.

Reactions: MajinCubyan

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo bans people who cheat online with PowerSaves or any other device that modifies the save file to the extent that your have impossible stats and the like.
I agree Nintendo should ban online cheaters, however both homepass and powersaves are illegitimate software and devices respectively and not approved by Nintendo.

Just because you reach the same result doesnt make the use legitimate.

Dr. Dew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
I put up a poll!

Anyways I think its legit to use homepass as I am not altering the game in any way and the eon ticket
that I would receive is a legit eon ticket distributed by Nintendo!

But if you don't think that way than all power to you man, it's a free country!

Reactions: Monty Kensicle

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put up a poll!

Anyways I think its legit to use homepass as I am not altering the game in any way and the eon ticket
that I would receive is a legit eon ticket distributed by Nintendo!

But if you don't think that way than all power to you man, it's a free country!

hypocrite

Dr. Dew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
I don't understand how you think this makes me a hypocrite or how I am cherry picking anything,
but like I said, it's a free country. You can have your own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool