ROM Hack Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging Sun/Moon ROMhacks!

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
hey if the penumbra and supernova wil be identical (pokemon-wise) then you should just make a Supernova Stars combining the two.

Got_Eevees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am from Project Pokemon (not that Roblox game,but the site) and am interested in helping change values and helping out w/Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon.
What are your thoughts on this?

Severus15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for making these RomHacks.
I found your Installation Guide worked perfectly. Just one memo I would have wished for the title screen stuff, there is only written to run the batch script for other languages. Renaming and copy the title file would be great as a hint. For the people who cannot run Batch on their systems.

So to the Romhack, I really like all the features you put in. Especially the Pokemon availability from Island Scan and the availability in general. Also the shops were awesome.

I really find the difficulty much too High.
Sadly cannot continue anymore in legit build, too that reason.
But I have a lot of trouble I used to use traded Pokemon Moon. And now I finding the increased difficulty does not work with this. Even still on the first Island the Pokemon does not hear anymore. And after the Island King on first island they does not here, cause of the level curve...

Do you plan maybe for the next game a build that is not that high in difficulty? Or a Version with only features and not this Level Curve?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am from Project Pokemon (not that Roblox game,but the site) and am interested in helping change values and helping out w/Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon.
What are your thoughts on this?
Sorry, i have no interest in collaborating for my hacks.
Thank you for making these RomHacks.
I found your Installation Guide worked perfectly. Just one memo I would have wished for the title screen stuff, there is only written to run the batch script for other languages. Renaming and copy the title file would be great as a hint. For the people who cannot run Batch on their systems.

So to the Romhack, I really like all the features you put in. Especially the Pokemon availability from Island Scan and the availability in general. Also the shops were awesome.

I really find the difficulty much too High.
Sadly cannot continue anymore in legit build, too that reason.
But I have a lot of trouble I used to use traded Pokemon Moon. And now I finding the increased difficulty does not work with this. Even still on the first Island the Pokemon does not hear anymore. And after the Island King on first island they does not here, cause of the level curve...

Do you plan maybe for the next game a build that is not that high in difficulty? Or a Version with only features and not this Level Curve?
It's a challenge mode hack. The increased difficulty is the point of the mod, everything else is just bonus. Using traded Pokémon will make the hack nearly impossible, this is by design so the player must conform to the level curve.
If you want to remove the challenge from this hack, go onto your SD card and delete the following files:
  • SD:\luma\titles\TITLEID\romfs\a\1\0\4
  • SD:\luma\titles\TITLEID\romfs\a\1\0\5
  • SD:\luma\titles\TITLEID\romfs\a\1\0\6
This will revert Trainers back to default Sun and Moon values, and the game will go back to being a cakewalk.

Rhiwion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Recently finished Nova Sun and loved the hell out of it, thanks for the excellent work. Gonna move on to Rutile Ruby in a bit, but (and sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't get the search engine to work with the keywords) are you planing on doing hacks for X and Y as well? Obviously not before Supernova Sun/Penumbra Moon are done, I get that, but I find all the other hacks for XY to be, well, lacking.

Mostly just curious, still glad for the two (soon three) excellent romhacks you already provided!

Reactions: RustInPeace

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently finished Nova Sun and loved the hell out of it, thanks for the excellent work. Gonna move on to Rutile Ruby in a bit, but (and sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't get the search engine to work with the keywords) are you planing on doing hacks for X and Y as well? Obviously not before Supernova Sun/Penumbra Moon are done, I get that, but I find all the other hacks for XY to be, well, lacking.

Mostly just curious, still glad for the two (soon three) excellent romhacks you already provided!
I'm not a fan of Kalos as a region at all, and changing the trainer difficulty probably won't go a long way towards making XY "good" in my opinion. It'll also be hard for me to go back to gen 6 after getting a taste of EV customization in Gen 7. No promises on a Gen 6 release from me, if one were to happen it would probably be experimental or out-there and not in line with my usual design philosophy.

Rhiwion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not a fan of Kalos as a region at all, and changing the trainer difficulty probably won't go a long way towards making XY "good" in my opinion. It'll also be hard for me to go back to gen 6 after getting a taste of EV customization in Gen 7. No promises on a Gen 6 release from me, if one were to happen it would probably be experimental or out-there and not in line with my usual design philosophy.

Fair enough. I'm pretty much with you there regarding Kalos, which is a big reason why a romhack would be appreciated, haha. Anyway, thanks for replying!

AkitoUF

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
>Game Freak deserves your money
Yeah, no.
With UltraSM just around the corner, I just feel they sold us a damn BETA with the original SM. Ultra seems so complete that looks like what they initially had in mind, seeing all the content absent from SM.
And before you say "but but we had third versions before": Ultra isn't marketed as a third version but as a paralel story/sequel. And no third version had 2 more versions.

This is the complete game and I feel incredibly ripped off by GF.
I say all this because obviously Ultra will become the standard game now and this patch with a lot of good ideas will become obsolete right away and that's sad.
And we NEVER got a patch to encounter the special Battle Tree trainers outside of it like, you know, a normal battle. It's literally Wasted Potential: The Rushed Game.

Sorry and thanks if you read this far, I needed to take that out of my chest in a "serious" place.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And no third version had 2 more versions.

da-dcffb-pokemon-black-and-white-1354591812.jpg

>Game Freak deserves your money
Yeah, no.

If you like Sun and Moon enough to want to run this mod, Game Freak absolutely deserves your money. My mod is hours of work to be sure, but the base game is hours of work across hundreds of people composing music, coding the game, designing 3D models and graphic design, etc etc. If you don't like Sun and Moon enough to want to run this mod, there's no real reason to be here.

Last edited by Dio Vento,

dracodgreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@Dio Vento Why is the thumbnail of Pokemon Star Sapphire is just black and the game name in FBI is not Pokemon Sapphire. Is it just that? Also I use Leveled Build in Pokemon Sun but when I edit the save game in PkHex the pokemon is illegal I also change the met level. It says unable to match an encounter from origin game. Thanks for the great mod btw I enjoy it. Hope you'll help me sort my problems.

Reactions: wakka1

anhkhoa1306

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Can anyone help me patch the nova sun game?
I got the decrypted rom version 1.2, but I cannot use any patch option
Please help, I need to patch it to play on Citra

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    10.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    8.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    6.1 KB · Views: 201

AkitoUF

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Same with Ultra, I can hardly see BW2 as a "third" version when they literally have a 2 on them (instead of IDK, be called "Grey") and specially when they are more of a proper sequel instead of a "now we finished the game, we swear".

Be in my shoes for a moment man, it feels bad enough already to be super hyped with SM just to see how rushed and content-lacking it was, buying it at full price, just to see another game with all the content this SHOULD have.
And personally I don't think a "all the first versions are like this" argument works now because by now, GF should KNOW how to make a good game because they're supposed to learn from previous entries, there's no excuse to lack QOL features and such anymore.

I really REALLY wanted to play your mod, hell, I still "want" a little now, but with Ultra so near... it just feels as playing a game with no point already.
I don't even know if I want to play Ultra, GF can play me like a fiddle so many times now.

I'm sorry I know I shouldn't whine about it here, specially here but I haven't seen a better place to be "listened" and share this.

Last edited by AkitoUF,

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well...I am wondering if I should replay Sun with this mod or just wait for November, play Ultra Sun with its mod and selling my sun copy...I'll probably won't use again...What would you suggest?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me patch the nova sun game?
I got the decrypted rom version 1.2, but I cannot use any patch option
Please help, I need to patch it to play on Citra
Sounds like you didn't folow the instructions and dump your own game. If it doesn't work with the All In One or the Extract ROM batch files, try running them as Administrator. If it still doesn't work, you'll need to follow the first part of the instructions and properly dump the ROM from your copy of the game.
Well...I am wondering if I should replay Sun with this mod or just wait for November, play Ultra Sun with its mod and selling my sun copy...I'll probably won't use again...What would you suggest?
Sun and Moon came out in November and I didn't release Nova and Umbra until February. Hopefully I'll be able to work faster with Ultra, but it's all hypothetical. It could be a month later if I work fast, tools are released, and I don't have real-life obligations. It could take literally forever if PK3DS doesn't get updated because of hypothetical events in Kaphotics or SciresM's lives. Don't expect to play Supernova or Penumbra immediately after Ultra Sun/Moon.
Nova Sun and Umbra Moon were designed to be fully featured and stand alone, not as prequels to a hypothetical Neutron Star version.
bug report : Poliwhirl > Politoed @ level 36 regardless of kingrock
Not a bug. It evolves at any level with the Rock, and at Lv36 without it.

Last edited by Dio Vento,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k