ROM Hack Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging Sun/Moon ROMhacks!

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings,

Have to admit that I'm running into a bit of a problem, when I extract the saltysd data from the download to the root of the SD card the game fails to launch, it just loads to a black screen

Right now I'm using the following
Pokemon Sun ( Downloaded and updated via e-shop )
Luma 6.6
Running 11.3 firmware (upgraded after getting Luma/Alh9 installed)
Edit: I've also enabled the Luma setting mentioned in the installation post

I've tried placing the bin file inside of
sd:/luma/code_sections/(titlekeycodething).bin
sd:/luma/titles/(titlekeycdething)/code.bin <- when I put the file here the game loads but the introductory speech is the default speech and not the one displayed in the presentation video

I extracted all of the files inside of the SaltySD Leveled version to the root of the sd card. and I got a black screen

Did I miss anything? New to the CFW scene for the 3ds so it wouldn't surprise me if I did.
Since you're using the SaltySD setup, you need to update the game to v1.1
So apparently, i fixed this by downloading and installing the 1.1 update for Pokemon Moon, the game started instantly, but in the guide it says to SPECIFICALLY remove the 1.1 update, i am REALLY confused now.
You didn't "fix it" if you used the 1.1 update to play the CIA version, you're now playing a version with almost no altered features.

DarkBlast47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Dio,

Sorry I should have made it more clear in my original post, I downloaded and updated (to v1.1) Pokemon Sun via the eshop, when starting the game without the Mod, at the language selection it shows v1.1 in the lower right corner. If I am not understanding properly I apologize.

** Edit

I managed to get it working, the only thing that I did this time was I removed the SaltySD folder and the additions to the Luma folder that the ZIP added.

I also transferred the files via FTP using Windows instead of Linux

I also noticed that I didn't have the logo.png file on the root of the SD Card but that shouldn't really matter, I wouldn't think, if I'm wrong then please feel free to correct me.

The original issue may have just been a bad file transfer

Last edited by DarkBlast47,

LokeYourLord

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Since you're using the SaltySD setup, you need to update the game to v1.1

You didn't "fix it" if you used the 1.1 update to play the CIA version, you're now playing a version with almost no altered features.

Well the game didn't even start without the 1.1 update, what was i supposed to do then?

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are these Issues normal ?:
I would like to build the Umbra Moon CIA but when I try to extract it the 3DSTool fails (Error uncompression or smth. like that)
When I unpack with Asia81's Hacking Toolkit it works.
I moved the Files in the Correct Folders but when I go through the Process beats.exe crashes (second Patch)(tried manually with Terminal it crashed every 2nd Time O.o)
and when I rebuild after that Pain I get a damn Nova Sun ??? (I downloaded Umbra Moon)

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to build the Umbra Moon CIA but when I try to extract it the 3DSTool fails (Error uncompression or smth. like that)
I moved the Files in the Correct Folders but when I go through the Process beats.exe crashes (second Patch)(tried manually with Terminal it crashed every 2nd Time O.o)
and when I rebuild after that Pain I get a damn Nova Sun ??? (I downloaded Umbra Moon)
3dstool normally throws some errors even if it extracts correctly, but it sounds like that's not the case on your end. Beat.exe will crash if you don't have enough available RAM to patch the 300MB encounter file. Try again though, you can just run Beat as a gui and patch your 3 or 2 with the patch you want. The Nova Sun banner being included with the Umbra Moon banner is an issue that has been addressed, download the hotfix in the OP and replace the existing banners with those.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Makerom consistently gives an error like that while also consistently working fine. To fix getting Nova Sun, apply the hotfix before building (see first post). [Until the hotfix is applied, ]It should be playable, but without non-Alolan Pokemon calling for help.

Last edited by evandixon, , Reason: Added phrase to help clarify things

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makerom consistently gives an error like that while also consistently working fine. To fix getting Nova Sun, apply the hotfix before building (see first post). It should be playable, but without non-Alolan Pokemon calling for help.
If he gets the hotfix he can have the non-alolan SOS too.

Reactions: evandixon

nickdos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sure, I love hearing a trainer go on about how much she loves her Cleffa then sending out something completely different. Are you being rude because I told you I wouldn't upload a precompiled CIA for you in PMs?

I am replying the same way you did famalam

LokeYourLord

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
No idea, but you don't have the romhack installed if you are using v1.1 on a cia of the hack. Try (i guess) running the SaltySD version in addition to the built cia.

Well the funny thing is, i do. Trainers have much higher leveled Pokemon AND have more Pokemon in their Teams. Also, i am pretty sure i am not supposed to capture a Cosmog on Route 1 in the normal version :P Is there anything i forgot?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the funny thing is, i do. Trainers have much higher leveled Pokemon AND have more Pokemon in their Teams. Also, i am pretty sure i am not supposed to capture a Cosmog on Route 1 in the normal version :P Is there anything i forgot?
Items in the shops are changed, both in price and availability. In addition, certain evolution methods are different, and wild pokemon have different hold items. These changes won't apply if you're playing the 1.1 update over the hack.

LokeYourLord

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Items in the shops are changed, both in price and availability. In addition, certain evolution methods are different, and wild pokemon have different hold items. These changes won't apply if you're playing the 1.1 update over the hack.

I can try deleting 1.1 and delete the save as well, see if it works this time, though i find it really odd that the game doesn't (didn't) work without 1.1.

EatsCookies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works fine on my SaltySD Sun and Moon so IDK what's up with that.
I completely formatted and redid the entire ARM9 LUMA install, installed the mod, and still a crash when I tried to go to Festival Plaza. I tried to go to the festival plaza right after I got to the first poke center, should it work later in the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay