pokemon moon keeps changing from .3ds to .bad on sky3ds+ card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by roveer, Jun 13, 2017.

1. roveer
    OP

roveer Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2012
    United States
    I tried putting Pokemon moon on sky3ds+ card and it keeps changing file name from .3ds to .bad. What's going on? Is there something special that needs to be done?

2. Redferne

Redferne GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2015
    Download an unmodified/unaltered rom.

3. roveer
    OP

roveer Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2012
    United States
    Can't seem to find one. Lots of CIA files, but can't find a 3ds anywhere. Tried converting a CIA to 3DS and got the .bad result.

4. Joshwraith

Joshwraith GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    Mexico
    Any type of modification will lead to a bad file, this include convert from cia to 3ds, hacked rom, undub roms etc, you need a clean rom!

5. roveer
    OP

roveer Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2012
    United States
    Thanks. Now I understand why I'm getting the .bad file. Any idea on why I'm having such a hard time finding a clean rom? If the homebrew scene that much more popular than the flash card? Any advice is appreciated.

6. Joshwraith

Joshwraith GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    Mexico
    Just look for a scene release (they dump from cartridges) and you will be fine.

7. nccom

nccom GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2006
    Estonia
    http://www.3dsdb.com/
    Type your game title in search box.
    Copy folder name from releasename and search in google for that exact name.

8. roveer
    OP

roveer Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2012
    United States
    So let me ask one final question. It seems that there are a bunch of file upload sites out there that allow free downloads but at a snails pace. Do people actually use the free downloads or do most pay for a month or a years service and download that way? Or is there another method people use. bit-torrent seems to be pretty empty.

9. ssjdeepanshu

ssjdeepanshu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2016
    India
    You can find Pokemon SUN and MOON cleat Roms on "that"iso site. Only clean Roms work with sky3ds+....

10. roveer
    OP

roveer Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2012
    United States
    Yup, that seems to be the place. Just wondering if people pay for those download services or huff it along at 50kb/s

11. ssjdeepanshu

ssjdeepanshu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2016
    India
    i dont know about others, but i download it through "premium link generator" web sites for free(you'll get the full download speed from them), but there is a lot of advertisement nag....

Last edited by ssjdeepanshu, Jun 17, 2017