Pokemon Moon cart dumping?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by heliopause, Mar 24, 2017.

1. heliopause
    OP

heliopause Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    United States
    I've been wanting to replay Pokemon Moon for a while but I already finished my pokedex and transferred all my shinys to my copy, so I'm not to keen on resetting over 400 hours.
    I've heard that dumping pokemon games needs extra data or something to download and run but I can't really find anything.
    I would download an already made CIA but unfortunately I have a limited usage of internet for the month and downloading a 1 GB game would be a lot of my data.
    Am I being dumb and I don't need anything? I already dumped the game and converted it into a CIA but I am waiting to install it on my 3DS just in case.

2. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    All you need to do is use hourglass9 to dump the cartridge to cia then use either the original Nintendo tool to transfer save games or JK Save game manager.

3. heliopause
    OP

heliopause Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    United States
    I converted my game to CIA with hourglass9 but where can I find it? I can't find on my SD card to run with FBI?

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Try looking in the files9 folder. The game is probably named after the title ID, 0004000000175E00.

5. heliopause
    OP

heliopause Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    United States
    Ah I found it, thank you!