BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone ever wonder what would happen if you played pokemon Silver/Gold from a first person perspective?

Well good news, now you dont have to.

Thanks to some German dude who goes by nilllzz has produced this fan made pokemon hack of silver/gold with a 3D engine. The music is stil 8 bit, and the graphics are uh, 3D sprites? It kinda reminds me of Minecraft honestly. I think the first person perspective is dumb but its really effective. I think you can play a lot of the game and there are updates on the way.

Download from here.

Sourceee

Reactions: KingVamp

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He takes more than two steps in the grass without running into a pokemon. This game is not accurate enough.

Must have used a repel. :lol:

Anyways, it definitely is a first person perspective, but it's still flat. Really, I'd say overhauling it entirely and going for a complete remake would be better, though a lot of work for something that is probably just a proof of concept. I at least hope he fixes the non-streaming overworld. A game like this should be able to have the overworld continuously stream load rather then jutting from area to area, or at least add something other then a blank void between area ends.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must have used a repel. :lol:

Anyways, it definitely is a first person perspective, but it's still flat. Really, I'd say overhauling it entirely and going for a complete remake would be better, though a lot of work for something that is probably just a proof of concept. I at least hope he fixes the non-streaming overworld. A game like this should be able to have the overworld continuously stream load rather then jutting from area to area, or at least add something other then a blank void between area ends.
I was under the impression that this game was meant to be original graphics; different perspective. Therefore, the quality of the graphics does not change, only the perspective does. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that this game was meant to be original graphics; different perspective. Therefore, the quality of the graphics does not change, only the perspective does. Or maybe I'm wrong.

It's not really the graphics, it's just that it's too flat. Granted, I understand it's just a perspective change, so I guess flat is accurate, but it'd be nicer if there was some actual height. But I guess that's not the goal of this project, so it's fine.

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i made a mod

i give you Venusaur Charizard Blastoise all lvl 50

put the file in Pokemon\Scripts\furniture\yourroom

to use: got to the bookshelf in your room and click it

downloadIcon.png
http://filetrip.net/dl?IjRNPuda1b

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First person pokemon game made me think fps with pokemon as the target. Would be great to mow down the lil bastards with an mg. :)
This is kinda cool as proof of concept. Don't think I could handle playing an entire game like that though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can