Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bik75 said:
n00b question:
Say I play on my R4 (where it freezes after 24 events) and just save and turn off before it freezes and get further into the game, and a patch is made will I be able to use my save file?
If it's anything like when the patch for the Japanese version came out, then yes.

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Artix said:
indrid said:
Artix said:
czulki said:
Found this : http://www.mediafire.com/?ajhkttz2z2w

Anyone wanna test it? I wanna play HG so I dont' ever bother checking it.
It's from /v/ and it's for no$gba or something.

Shadowkin:
That's fine except after the 3rd gym it's unplayable.
Oldfag here. If it's from /v/ it's a .nds formatted rickroll, I guarantee you that. A 128 MB game couldn't be compressed into a 40 MB file. The same thing was making the rounds yesterday as a supposed dump of HeartGold, which was 40 MB.
Not oldfag here, it's perfectly legit. The jokes stopped after the official release.

And FYI Xeno's official dump is 40 mb.

Well, I can confirm that is obviously a Soul Silver Rom, and that it is 128MB when uncompressed. Although, trying it on R4, with and without using YSMenu, freezes as soon as you boot (white screen).

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Artix said:
indrid said:
Artix said:
czulki said:

Shadowkin:
Oldfag here. If it's from /v/ it's a .nds formatted rickroll, I guarantee you that. A 128 MB game couldn't be compressed into a 40 MB file. The same thing was making the rounds yesterday as a supposed dump of HeartGold, which was 40 MB.
Not oldfag here, it's perfectly legit. The jokes stopped after the official release.

Well after a few raised voices my laptop has decided to co-operate, so I'll let you know what it does in a few moments.

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Artix said:
indrid said:
Artix said:
czulki said:

Shadowkin:

Except it doesn't work. Just tried it. Somebodies lying.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
indrid said:
Artix said:
czulki said:

Shadowkin:

.... i got proof that a 128MB file can b compressed down to 40MB

95846409.png

czulki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
indrid said:
Artix said:
czulki said:

Shadowkin:

Not only are you a newfag but also misinformed and plain stupid. The file is legit, if it works is another story. The "supposed" dump of heartgold was also legit, just that it didnt fix any crashes. Also, you might wanna read about file compression a lil bit, clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CamulaHikari said:
Was loking on YT and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mxqmSLaKMc

Downloading now and gonna try it out on my DSTT (1.17a12 with newest infolib etc). Will post results soon!
Many people have tried that and on certain flashcarts it just delays the the time in which the game freezes, some carts it doesnt do anything. I know its the same one because of the Spanish description.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
bik75 said:
CamulaHikari said:

Downloading now and gonna try it out on my DSTT (1.17a12 with newest infolib etc). Will post results soon!
Many people have tried that and on certain flashcarts it just delays the the time in which the game freezes, some carts it doesnt do anything. I know its the same one because of the Spanish description.

If you skip to the middle of the video, you can actually see some Japanese text in a battle T_T
This guy just uploaded the translation.... What a lame ass...

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
I downloaded desmume x64 and loaded my bios in the settings. I clicked boot from firmware but I got APPCRASH but not only for HGSS but for other games which leads me to believe desmume doesn't support that ability. So I don't know if this will work outside of no$gba.

No, actually. It means your firmware is corrupted. (if using 0.9.6 3390)

Artix

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
czulki said:
Not only are you a newfag but also misinformed and plain stupid. The file is legit, if it works is another story. The "supposed" dump of heartgold was also legit, just that it didnt fix any crashes. Also, you might wanna read about file compression a lil bit, clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.
Calm down my friend, being a /v/ oldfag doesn't mean he knows what's happening nowadays... he just assumed from his experience that they're trollan...

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lube_Skyballer said:
bik75 said:
CamulaHikari said:

If you skip to the middle of the video, you can actually see some Japanese text in a battle T_T

If you look at the date uploaded, it's obviously the Japanese one in the video. But if you looked closer, you'd see that in the description he updated and added a link for the US Roms, apparently patched.

Artix

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
It's most likely the same ol' 'patched' versions that are flying around. Anyone even interested in trying it out?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
The 'patched' Soul Silver does...nothing. The white screens of shame on my Cyclo, I'm afraid. Kinda expected as much. Oh well, back to FFXIII.

RicardoToddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Lube_Skyballer said:
bik75 said:
CamulaHikari said:

Troll,He did not notice the date of the video, this rom is a rom translated lol

dunwun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Squall Leonhart said:
QUOTE said:
I downloaded desmume x64 and loaded my bios in the settings. I clicked boot from firmware but I got APPCRASH but not only for HGSS but for other games which leads me to believe desmume doesn't support that ability. So I don't know if this will work outside of no$gba.

No, actually. It means your firmware is corrupted. (if using 0.9.6 3390)

Sorry, I only tried the 0.9.5 which is apparently the offical version on the homepage. I didn't check the sourceforge page for new updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1