Bloodreader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's first say this:
I have seen the sticky topic about all posts about pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver being deleted, but I'm not sure if this topic also is part of this.

Introduction
During the last weeks, I have had a few very short nights. My friend asked me to create a patch for Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver, because it had a very annoying Anti-Piracy. Now, since I'm pretty experienced with NDS ROMS, (never released anything to public though) I started working on it. I have to say, it was very hard to crack this thing, and I have had a lot of help from some of my reverse-engineering friends, but I finally did it.

It never was my intention to release this patch to the big public, but my friend(the same one who asked me to make this) has convinced me to post it here.

Screenshots

screen1.png

screen2.png

screen3.png

Download

Download

This is only tested on r4, sorry

Password:

Code:
Bloodreader

Warning! This only worked 4 of 7 times I tested it, if it doesn't work for you, try again!

Please note that this is my OWN release, please don't redistribute this without my permission

lucasbaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
"This only worked 4 of 7 times I tested it" o_o

that is strange, could you post something more about this patch, what it does on the rom and these things

Lorch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I will try it right now, if it works I'll confirm. You might want to upload a prepatched rom and give it to people that can't get your patcher working via pm.
I'll try the US and GER Rom, just to see if it fixes both.

Lorch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bloodreader said:
I want to, because that one works for sure, but I'ts prohibited by the GBATemp rules

Just pm it instead of posting the link here. PMing rom links is no problem.
Copying on my flash cart atm, I will post if it works. Patched 2 roms just in case.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lorch said:
Bloodreader said:
I want to, because that one works for sure, but I'ts prohibited by the GBATemp rules

Copying on my flash cart atm, I will post if it works. Patched 2 roms just in case.

Sorry but this is still against the rules

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If something works, it just works. We're talking about CODE here, not magic tricks. If you've done it correctly, it'll work every single time.

I call bullshit.

EDIT: You're free to post the source code to prove me wrong.

Bloodreader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
If something works, it just works. We're talking about CODE here, not magic tricks. If you've done it correctly, it'll work every single time.

I call bullshit.

Sorry, but I have just tried to put all the cracking stuff into the patcher because posting roms is not allowed. My fully cracked rom works fully, but I'm not allowed to post it here.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raulpica said:

I call bullshit.

i think when he said it worked 4 of 7 times, he was talking about when you patched the game

Lorch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
danny600kill said:
Lorch said:
Bloodreader said:

Sorry but this is still against the rules

Oh sorry I didn't know that.
US did not work 24 event freeze trying the other rom i patched.
Might just be the patcher failed as you said.
Using R4i-Gold btw. Is there a way to tell if the patcher worked?

random-passer-by

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nigeria
Bloodreader said:
raulpica said:

I call bullshit.

Sorry, but I have just tried to put all the cracking stuff into the patcher because posting roms is not allowed. My fully cracked rom works fully, but I'm not allowed to post it here.

You could always use xDelta to make a patch, posting patches is not illegal here.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
BobTheJoeBob said:
raulpica said:

I call bullshit.

i think when he said it worked 4 of 7 times, he was talking about when you patched the game

It's the same. It's CODE. If it works, it works. Things go wrong when you have variables, and you haven't tested all the cases. Since we're talking about something which doesn't change spontaneously just because (it's a freaking ROM. its data it's always the same), this "it worked only few times" thing makes me dubious.

I remain skeptical. As for you others, feel free to try the patch and let us know.

random-passer-by said:
Bloodreader said:
QUOTE(raulpica @ Mar 25 2010, 07:12 PM)

I call bullshit.

You could always use xDelta to make a patch, posting patches is not illegal here.
I'm pretty sure this "app" should be a patcher of some sort.

MovieGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bug at the patch though, click on select the rom

then a window pops up and if you close that window it will try to patch that source lol

and it's saying Finished xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1