Gambia, The
It works!

Pokemon HeartGold (U) black screen fix code:
020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

Pokemon Soul Silver (U) black screen fix code:
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

On another note, people complaining that the code is being posted over and over is just all the more reason for everyone to post it. The internet is full of trolls btw.

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
baldymcbald said:
when i find this bloody fix nintendo is gonna get a VERY FRIENDLY email and i express friendly
my eyes feel like thier bout to fall out 3million lines of code and no luck

baldy i feel your pain i just spent 6 hours doing the same thing i feel like my head is going to explode and its been for nothing so far even if there was i may have missed it because my eyes hurt so bad

PK Strike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That may mean something like a new area that's not in the (J) version, maybe?

Special event... anyone?

dirtclaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atenzor said:
dirtclaw said:
If overlays have to deal with maps and the like, does the (U) version have an extra map that the (J) version doesn't?

the EXTRA Bytes come from the translation man,not more maps

So the extra overlay (it being 122, not 16 like some people are thinking) is just translation stuff, then. Gotcha.

Anyhow, replacing the overlay did nothing so it's a moot point now.

Kaitocain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FantajiFan said:
injected11 said:
shadeselfen said:
Exbaddude said:
Acekard2i works perfectly eh? D:

what does the acecard2i do that the others dont anyway? i mean in umm.... running the roms or whatever, cos if its in the way it reads the rom, or...(god i aint good at describing this, bare with me...) gives the data to the DS, would that narrow down what the problem is?
They fixed the AP on the Korean version. The Korean version has the same AP as the US version.

Apparently injected11 was referring to it being fixed for the Acekard version which we already knew... I suppose he implied it by quoting the other two, but he clarified that he meant it was fixed with a firmware update for AKAIO firmware update.

But from my understanding, it's not fixed on the AK. The occurrence of the issue is reduced, but not eliminated. Am I wrong in that belief?

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be being stupid, but I highly doubt a translation increases the size of a game's data because it replaces the original Japanese data. I mean, even amateur attempts like the MOTHER 3 Fan Translation results in the game being the same size as the original version.

shadeselfen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FantajiFan said:
injected11 said:
shadeselfen said:
Exbaddude said:
Acekard2i works perfectly eh? D:

what does the acecard2i do that the others dont anyway? i mean in umm.... running the roms or whatever, cos if its in the way it reads the rom, or...(god i aint good at describing this, bare with me...) gives the data to the DS, would that narrow down what the problem is?
They fixed the AP on the Korean version. The Korean version has the same AP as the US version.

Apparently injected11 was referring to it being fixed for the Acekard version which we already knew... I suppose he implied it by quoting the other two, but he clarified that he meant it was fixed with a firmware update for AKAIO firmware update.

so that leaves us wondering just what they did with the firmware to make it work.... anyone know any of them personally?

smashbro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't the event counter need to be where each event happens at? So if you could find the code that happens when you go in and out shouldn't there be a code that changes right next to it. Sorry if I am wrong, I have no knowledge of program and just thought of this off top of my head lol.

NiCK_TM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nicktm.firephoenixnet.com
XP
Country
NiCK_TM said:
cunmeo2000 said:
again, can anybody collect/work/check out the info on the KR rom and confirm it?

Simply judging from the two GBAtemp topics (HG and SS) the Korean AP was exactly the same (single black screen and then several continual freezes). However neither topic details a fix. I'm gonna do a bit of googling and see if I can find a fix. I'd be willing to bet that anything that works for the Korean version, with the correct offsets, will also work for the US release.

My mistake, after further investigation it seems the Korean AP is closer to the Japanese AP in that there is no set event counter and it doesn't seem to occur anywhere near as frequently. Comments on a certain rom site imply that users were able to reach the elite four with nothing more than the black screen code and continual saving.

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats it i'm off i'd ask that any mods that see this the # of trolls is getting out of hand n i suspect its the same person making accts if so plz ban that person its really annoying exspecially when so many of us are working our asses off to find a fix thx

Ferenn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
QUOTE said:
I might be being stupid, but I highly doubt a translation increases the size of a game's data because it replaces the original Japanese data. I mean, even amateur attempts like the MOTHER 3 Fan Translation results in the game being the same size as the original version.

It does add size to the game. You can cram in more text with japanese than you can with english, usually resulting in a great deal of more lines of text. All Japanese > English translations are larger in size, but you wouldn't see that in the file size since the difference is all internal and the 'extra space' is filled out.

Furrygamer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Treat the trolls like the 5 years old(s) they are. Mentally ignore their posts and they will get bored. So to all the "i know how to fix it" or "I can fix it but not going to tell you" types posting, /ignore.

cunmeo2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me try a Quick sumarry:

1\Trolling: If you r about to post a 6 lines post about 4 lines of hex code for the emulator, you belong to this and we hv a msg 4 u: GTFO

2\JP vs US vs KR vs FR: 4 versions of HG/SS, atm JP has been cracked but it has diff AP than KR and US, lot of ppl confirm AP of KR and US r the same but no clue if it has been fix and how.

3\ Messing up inside the rom: so the main solution right now is lying with ppl who know about hex and trying to compare btw JP and US version.

Discuss

p/s: excuse for my ENG, cant spell if sm damm nerd got drunk and make bunch of noises outside of the room on a sunday 4:30AM

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
atenzor said:
The AP trigger event activates in the ARM9 binary file, so try finding something there thats unusual
Lol, way to go Mr.Uhh What was it again? Hacker? "try finding something there" hmm you claimed that you know about programming and stuff and showed it by telling us what overlay is, so why don't you look into this ARM9 binary file?? hmm??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Psi doesn't get caught on camera he makes sure the camera is watching +2