hannahbailey2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hunt3rshadow said:
hawkus1 said:
A little off topic maybe , but i have a question about the pokewalker unit , and thought of something , could this random freezeup , have something/or anything to do with the ap checking for the pokewalker? Has any one been bold enough to dissasemble a cartridge and see if the cartridge has any additional part in it , that might be talking to the pokewalker? Also does any one know if a pokewalker will interface with a "pirated"copy?

Has anyone thought of this yet?

I doubt it, considering lots of kids get this game, what would happen when they lose or break their Pokewalker, and their games would no longer work? And some flashcards(?) do have it working properly without any Pokewalker.

Mana94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drium said:
I've been reading this thread this page 50, and a lot of good and bad ideas have come up.

FIRST PRIORITY: Identify what it is that is making specific Flashcards make the game believe it is being run on a legit cart.

I cannot stress how that is probably the single biggest thing people should be looking at.

SECOND PRIORITY: Figure out at what point in boot-up the game goes "Hey, are you legit?" and what memory file is used to store the answer "Yes" or "No".

This probably cannot be done through hex-matching. Hex memory is USUALLY randomized, which means everytime you boot the game, identical things could have different addresses; at least, a lot of games work like this right now, as a way to prevent hacking because a single guy spread the address you have to change. However, if this does not apply to DS games, then more power to whoever finds this address.

THIRD PRIORITY: Find the event counter.

This should be as easy as running a memory check of all values. Scan again for UNCHANGED values, five or six times, to eliminate as much noise as possible. Then go into a house. Then scan for values that have gone up by 1 since the last scan. Leave the house. Scan for values that have gone up by 1 again. Repeat this a few times until you narrow it down to only a few values, and begin testing.

Anyway, that's all I've got. I'm not a hacker, just a noobling programmer. Those're my thoughts.

I second this. We have been trying all day tho...We couldn't find the correct values.

And people stop being so damn impatient. The game comes out tomorrow, More people will be working on it and
trying to figure it out.

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mana94 said:
Drium said:
I've been reading this thread this page 50, and a lot of good and bad ideas have come up.

FIRST PRIORITY: Identify what it is that is making specific Flashcards make the game believe it is being run on a legit cart.

I cannot stress how that is probably the single biggest thing people should be looking at.

SECOND PRIORITY: Figure out at what point in boot-up the game goes "Hey, are you legit?" and what memory file is used to store the answer "Yes" or "No".

This probably cannot be done through hex-matching. Hex memory is USUALLY randomized, which means everytime you boot the game, identical things could have different addresses; at least, a lot of games work like this right now, as a way to prevent hacking because a single guy spread the address you have to change. However, if this does not apply to DS games, then more power to whoever finds this address.

THIRD PRIORITY: Find the event counter.

This should be as easy as running a memory check of all values. Scan again for UNCHANGED values, five or six times, to eliminate as much noise as possible. Then go into a house. Then scan for values that have gone up by 1 since the last scan. Leave the house. Scan for values that have gone up by 1 again. Repeat this a few times until you narrow it down to only a few values, and begin testing.

Anyway, that's all I've got. I'm not a hacker, just a noobling programmer. Those're my thoughts.

I second this. We have been trying all day tho...We couldn't find the correct values.

And people stop being so damn impatient. The game comes out tomorrow, More people will be working on it and
trying to figure it out.
this was my first guess as well but every time i did there are about 300 different offsets that constantly changing by either +1/-1

gumgumthegum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
runner12326 said:
maco123456 said:
damn, if nintendo AP keeps getting better like this we might actually lose

Lose what? It's not like we're fighting a war.

yes we are and were fighting an uphill battle

and also ppl (hackers) should chek why the game works on so many pc emulators?

Weredawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BluBomberX said:
M3 DS REAL owners unite!

Yes. Dunno if I'm allowed to post this: On this cart with the newest 4.7h X firmware, it freezes on occasion after I don't know how many events (sorry guys)

aizen000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna try my hand at fixing this but i have no experience in hex editors or anything haha.
overwhelmed by all the letters and shit that come up when i put the file into a hex editor
wacko.gif

hannahbailey2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumgumthegum said:
runner12326 said:
maco123456 said:
damn, if nintendo AP keeps getting better like this we might actually lose

Lose what? It's not like we're fighting a war.

yes we are and were fighting an uphill battle

and also ppl (hackers) should chek why the game works on so many pc emulators?

Does it? From what little I've read, it's broken on No$GBA (at least without some code that may or may not work), and it freezes on my DesMuMe after a while. Although another site claims the x64 version works (why? I have no idea what the difference between the two is in terms of what/how they emulate).

Artix

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Weredawg said:
BluBomberX said:
M3 DS REAL owners unite!

Yes. Dunno if I'm allowed to post this: On this cart with the newest 4.7h X firmware, it freezes on occasion after I don't know how many events (sorry guys)
I have that too, it's completely ineffective. 24 events for the beginning, 3 post goldenrod gym.

maco123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I wanna try my hand at fixing this but i have no experience in hex editors or anything haha.
overwhelmed by all the letters and shit that come up when i put the file into a hex editor .

YAY Lelouch is online. THERES NO WAY WELL LOSE

hannahbailey2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question: Does the freezes-after-24-event anti-piracy kick off at the very beginning of the game, or is there a trigger for it as well (like the 3-event one has the 3rd badge for the trigger)?

And I read somewhere that if you save the game and do a soft reset, it resets the count back to 0? Could that be examined and somehow used for a patch/fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4