Not open for further replies.

Strategy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
o Fatmike o said:
i just got past the 3rd badge , u gotta have a party of 7 pokeon al at lv 101 with 3 exp shared betwwen them and 4 masterballs in the healing items slot
mellow.gif
mellow.gif

BigBear3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
BigBear3 said:
Events that I've noticed to trigger it;

Entering/leaving a building. A Pokemon battle commencing (Youngster Joey would like to battle! "Freeze)
Sometimes after I finish saving as well.

R4i SDHC Firmware 2.6f

My first post. Sup guys.

i also notice all of those
I mean, I'm still playing it.. Just got past the guy who tries to sell you a Slowpoketail south of Violet City. I'm dealing with the freezes.

This thread has shown me a bunch of ungrateful people. If I were you guys, just calm down and relax. We shouldn't even have this right now.

Donixs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o Fatmike o said:
i just got past the 3rd badge , u gotta have a party of 7 pokeon al at lv 101 with 3 exp shared betwwen them and 4 masterballs in the healing items slot

lolwut.jpg

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Strategy said:
o Fatmike o said:
mellow.gif
mellow.gif
Just ignore him from now on... Maybe then he'll stop. He just want people to be annoyed at him.

Chawls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mijati said:
Ribesg said:
Mijati said:
I have made some progress on this, I have it so the number of "events" before crashes is significantly higher than what it is originally, however have yet to disable it completely. Making progress for sure and will hopefully improve on that and have a fully working fix some time later this evening. Will keep you updated on my progress from here on out (was no point me posting prior to this due to the fact that I didn't have anything to post, so before you slate me for only having one post keep that in mind).
Please post anything you think can help others to understand what you found.
Coders must work together. Plus de cerveaux pour plus d'efficacité. More brainpower for more efficiency.

Currently in the process of finding exactly what "events" trigger it, and slowly going through disabled them one by one so that they don't add the counter. Although it won't make it work past 4 badges, so need to find a "fix" other than this current work around. Also a hard job finding which part of the "event" adds to the counter so a lot of fiddling at the moment and nothing post-able. But I can confirm that I have successfully increased the "event" limit slightly, not too much and as I said doesn't work past 4 badges.

So if anyone could post a list of things they've found in game that cause the freeze then that'd be a great help.

Some things I have noticed triggering it on DSTT 1.17:
Going through a door
The black screens while entering and exiting battle (Both wild encounter and trainer battle)
After Saving
After a cutscene (such as entering cherrygrove and the guy gives you the running shoes after talking, it freezes as you regain control)

Hope this is helpful

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Load save state, exit house, black screen.

Load save state, open a touch screen menu, close and exit house, no black screen, black screen after going back in house, touch screen not responsive to open another menu again to keep on going to see if it will not freeze again if opening another menu.

For the real AP hackers out there, see what is going on when you open a touch screen menu.

Here is a save state for Heart Gold.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3706406/Files/Poke...eart%20Gold.dst

Yellow-SH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
CamulaHikari said:
Strategy said:
o Fatmike o said:
mellow.gif
mellow.gif
Just ignore him from now on... Maybe then he'll stop. He just want people to be annoyed at him.
The most intelligent response I have seen about this idiocy.
In short, the codes that I have seen do not seem to work on my side. :s

If anyone ever wants a save with the game finished I am ready to give mine.

Zidane24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello GBAtemp newbie here...

I have been lurking this thread and after sitting back watching many AP-battles I have decided to jump in and help. I am going to also start piling over the code...

BTW I think it may be an invalid term to call the freeze points "events". From what I have observed, the counter to freeze increases at each point that the game loads. I believe the load points in the game are causing the freeze...maybe we could follow the code that executes at each load point to find where the AP (and its counter) is occuring

Chawls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BigBear3 said:
Somebody compile a list of all of the events that are reported as (Freezing) for our patcher(s).

So far the consensus on what constitutes an 'event' thus far:

Going through a door (Loading a new area)
The black screens at the beginning and end of a battle (trainer and wild encounter)\
Saving
After cutscenes

BigBear3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Souldragon said:
0400060F 46000000
0400060F 4A640000
0400060F 4A590000

can anyone try this and see how many events does it take for you to crash
I will test whatever you need Mr. Souldragon, if perhaps you could tell me really quick how to add a code to my usrcheat.dat file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o