ROM Hack Pokemon HG/SS fix discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxthemafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
a???????????????????llloooooooooootttttttttttttt wwwwwwwwooooooooorrrrrrrrrrsssseeeeeeeeeee??????? after the third badge man this sucks im currently on the road to the 2nd gym bcz in experimenting too much i lost my save data twice.people help

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The ARM7 from AA:ME does NOT work it may help the people a little who are able to load the game (decreases game freezes) but also disables wifi, as for those who cant get passed the name screen it has no effect

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Opium said:
According to Normmatt the US Pokemon roms have the same AP protection as the previously released Korean version, which is an updated version of the protection on the Japanese versions.

So if there are any fixes for the Korean versions, perhaps try them?
I read in another thread that they still have problems with the korean version... Let's enjoy a long wait -.-

edes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it possible to dump the text .xml and import it to the Japanese version for a temporary fix?

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CamulaHikari said:
Opium said:
According to Normmatt the US Pokemon roms have the same AP protection as the previously released Korean version, which is an updated version of the protection on the Japanese versions.

I read in another thread that they still have problems with the korean version... Let's enjoy a long wait -.-
Great...
dry.gif

jxthemafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
math people this sucks first waitimg for the english release now the anti piracy.but really is it a anti piracy or a glitch.i"ll try downloading the game again tomorrow and wht difference it is.i knw nintendo has done smthing fishy.may be they leaked them purpusly in order to check us wht measures we will take

Posts merged

purpously

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
asthegreat said:
where is the korean patch lets try it with the usa game
does it work ?
I don't the the Korean version has a patch lol. Nobody would bother patching the Korean version since the US version would be out a month later.

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jxthemafia said:
math people this sucks first waitimg for the english release now the anti piracy.but really is it a anti piracy or a glitch.i"ll try downloading the game again tomorrow and wht difference it is.i knw nintendo has done smthing fishy.may be they leaked them purpusly in order to check us wht measures we will take

Here we have it, the most off the wall comment during the whole HG/SS discussion.

Created a new game for a ROM patched with the ARM7 of AA. It let me in the game, let me play, but when I saved and loaded, it froze. If the new Acekard FW truly patches it, then why doesn't Cyclo? The CycloDS had fixes for the Korean version of the game, or that's at least what it says the updates did in the latest stable release. Eitherway, why hasn't anyone picked at the new release of the Acekard FW to see what they did? This could really be helpful in making a patch.

edes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CamulaHikari said:
Opium said:

They had problems with the korean version, but no one bothered to try to crack it since almost no one would use it, but the US version will probably be fixed in a couple of hours, since its the US version

jxthemafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
look im just getting people smthin to thin and the think i said if it is the antipiracy or a glitch.sweety tht isnt off topic.

vinheim

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.vinheim.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
This is what I found out in the site where I downloaded the ROM:

Confirmed Working on the Following Cards/Emulators:

- CycloDS w/ Firmware 1.58B1
- Acekard2i w/ AKAIO Firmware 1.5 and 1.5.1 and 1.6RC1
- R4i SDHC (RTS) w/ Firmware 2.6f
- EDGE w/ Firmware 1.8
- M3/G6 DS Real w/ Firmware 4.7h
- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x64

Confirmed Not Working on the Following Cards/Emulators:

- M3DS Real [Unreported Firmware] (Cannot save. Does get past name screens and allows you to play the game.)
- DSTT w/ Firmware 1.17a07 (Reported Freezing)
- DS One w/ EOS SP1 (Reported Freezing)
- R4 (Reported Freezing)
- All reported R4DS cards and clones (Reported Freezing)
- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x86 (Reported black screens after name selection)
- No$GBA v 2.6a (Reported black screens after choosing character name)

Derpityherp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
gjac1 said:
After getting the 3rd badge, the freezing gets a lot worse
Yes, we know. Do this to make it a lot more bearable.

QUOTEFor those of you that just is willing to endure the freezing pre-Whitney (Yes, freezing will probably still occur, but probably once every 10 minutes. I was able to play through 7 hours this way. as long as it isnt as bad as freezing every 2 screens after Whitney)
I finally found a way:

Even if you just beat her and saved, thats alright. Go next door to get Squirtbottle or whatever the key item is.
Now, go to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183116
and download the portable pokesav (thanks, Chase-san)
You're supposed to put it on your DS and use the pokesav on your ND.
Why this pokesav instead of the bigger one?
Because this one allows you do edit the badges.

So what I did was ticked off the 3rd badge. Went back into the game, walk around tons, no freeze. Went back into the gym to talk to Whitney, hoping the game set it so that it was before your battle with her. Turns out it's still post battle, where she crys but haven't given you the 3rd badge yet. Once you talk to her, she'll give you the TM and 3rd Badge. Now I walked around with this and again, it froze every 3 screens.

So back to the portable pokesav and took out the 3rd badge. Opened my game up, walked in and out of the pokecenter 20 times, and took on a few trainers at the next route, and no freezing yet. I'm sure the freezing will come along, but as of now, I can continue my adventures again.

Once a patch for the game is made, then I'll go back to pick up the 3rd badge. As of now, it doesn't matter anyways. The badge doesn't enable any HM's, and I already got Squirtbottle.
Cheers, i had my day set free to play this game whole day, but getting stuck at Goldenrod pissed me off... this was all I can think of.

Sheikonh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an idea. Maybe, if someone patch the JAP SS and HG with the anti-freeze patch, extract the arm7 of the JAP rom, and then, put it in the SS and HG USA, maybe and ONLY maybe it works...

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vinheim said:

- EDGE w/ Firmware 1.8
- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x64

- M3DS Real [Unreported Firmware] (Cannot save. Does get past name screens and allows you to play the game.)
- R4 (Reported Freezing)

Almost all carts have issues with freezing in the game, that list is complete crap. I've seen it on several sites, but kids with issues refuse to listen to people about it being crap, go figure. Eitherway, that list is pointless and doesn't really have a reason to be here o.O

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Sheikonh said:
I have an idea. Maybe, if someone patch the JAP SS and HG with the anti-freeze patch, extract the arm7 of the JAP rom, and then, put it in the SS and HG USA, maybe and ONLY maybe it works...
This idea has already been thought of many times, but it didn't work. The US version has a completely different AP, you see. D:

Flex_S

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vinheim said:

- EDGE w/ Firmware 1.8
- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x64

- R4 (Reported Freezing)

That was posted just after it got released, and it doesn't account for the Anti Piracy.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2653686

fabarati

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vinheim said:

Just a correction:
M3DS Real with Touchpod 4.7hX: You can save, but there is freezing after a certain amount of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1