Gaming Pokemon Heartgold- Cant Save Error

Ginger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but there isn't a help forum more relevant and I saw a few topics that had general game issues and not gameplay questions here, anywhoo.

Whenever I try to save the game in Heartgold, I get this:

QUOTE said:
Error saving data.

The backup memory has failed.
The game may be played but it is impossible to save.

Please turn off the power.

I am using an M3 DS Real and have tried different ROMS, some "patched" and others just the regular ROM and they all lead to this. I updated the version, and this didn't work, so i tried googling for an answer, and found forums of people asking what I'm asking but no answer. Thanks in advanced to anybody who helps.

EDIT:I did try another ROM that was a v2 (figured i'd give it a shot), and I got a black screen that said "DLDI Compatible. Loading...." and it would just sit like that indefinitely.

D

Deleted User

I'm sure it's because HeartGold and SoulSilver have anti-piracy checking in causing the game to freeze and/or not save properly. I think if you get the latest firmware for your M3 card...
I'm not a tech-whiz so I don't know if this is the exact cause or not.

Ginger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. And I did update my firmware on my M3 card and the ROMS I used were patched to bypass the AP.

D

Deleted User

It could either be your M3 or your Micro SD. Do you know somebody else with an M3? If so, try using your Micro SD in their M3. If it dosen't work still, try either formating your Micro SD with Panasonic SD formater (Download at link) or try a new Micro SD. If it does work in your friends, try getting a new body for your M3.

Download Panasonic SD formater:
http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/index.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet