ROM Hack Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cunmeo2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people, we are talking about different type of flash card and emulator and Nintendo has difrf APs for each of those
they missed some but the famous like R4 or M3 are not passing the test

existence of AP has been confirmed since there is news nintendo was hiring Guru for it and try to shut down an R4 manufacture factory in China

iAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shlong said:
SamAsh07 said:
So its undoubtedly - a bad dump, we'll just have to wait for a new dump by someone, the only plausible reason as to why the game works better on AceKard is that the engine Acekard uses, is way better than what other flashcarts offer, so maybe thats why the graphics engine error doesn't occur frequently in Acekard but occurs quickly enough in other flashcarts, so i'll go with -> wait for a new dump, option.
Reading through pages 55-58 has definitely shown us that its not an AP error.
more than 58 pages, this is the 3rd thread, the 1st of which was 176ish pages long
Don't you mean the second thread? Cause that one was 176ish, or so i thought.

Win

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CrimzonEyed said:
Olly said:
SamAsh07 said:
So its undoubtedly - a bad dump, we'll just have to wait for a new dump by someone, the only plausible reason as to why the game works better on AceKard is that the engine Acekard uses, is way better than what other flashcarts offer, so maybe thats why the graphics engine error doesn't occur frequently in Acekard but occurs quickly enough in other flashcarts, so i'll go with -> wait for a new dump, option.
Don't eat me because of my lack of tech-savyness.
Does this mean that the leak was bad?

maybe the leak was damaged by the AP when it got dumped

thats what i said like 6 pages ago
rolleyes.gif

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fahrgunit said:
shlong said:
fahrgunit said:
just an idea dont kill me im a noob
but maybe we should spam our flashcarts manufacturers emails asking them to help us solve this problem as well...they might be able to come to a solution faster...

is there any way to debug a rom while you are playing it??
why spam them? that'd just piss 'em off

what i meant by spam is a lot of people should send them email to get them concerned that their product has issues playing a game which might convince them to make a new firmware for our flashcarts

They aren't going to give a shit. Have you forgotten tat ROMs are illegal?

fahrgunit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
fahrgunit said:
but maybe we should spam our flashcarts manufacturers emails asking them to help us solve this problem as well...they might be able to come to a solution faster...

Unlike you, some of us respect the flashcard makers.

by spam i meant email them and ask them to find a solution

alexandrewz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Olly said:
SamAsh07 said:

yeah , thats what he means, and that makes no sense, since there are the koreans releases, the candians ou french releases and de US releases. All of them have AP and dont have patch, now pray.

nintnt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Olly said:
SamAsh07 said:
Yes, and that portugese patch back a few pages doesn't work on r4 with or without ysmenu.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
someonewhodied said:
megachamp98 said:
shlong said:
TBH, i'm convinced that it's all RAM, not ROM related.
I may not be a tech pro but from the reports of other people..... yes.... it does sound like its a RAM problem... after all, spiking the RAM up really high can cause the game to freeze right?
yay! people listen to my explanations....but...i have no idea how to fix the AP if its caused by ram overload ?_?
by removing excessive coding, or getting an upgraded flashcart.

Weredawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maco123456 said:
i want to just go buy the official game right now goddammit nintendo

I'm thinking about doing the same. Only thing stopping me is the lack of benefits such as: losing my save data, not being able to hack, use PokeSav, or AR codes/cheats. Plus it'll cost me ~$40

fahrgunit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
fahrgunit said:
shlong said:
fahrgunit said:

what i meant by spam is a lot of people should send them email to get them concerned that their product has issues playing a game which might convince them to make a new firmware for our flashcarts

i dont think asians care about the word "illegal"

Arisa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
but why have the us, korean and french ones have such a bad AP or waht so ever, and the japan one not? .___."

SelomT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People, I've just had a thought. I read on a well known Pokemon fansite (not gonna name, just incase of ban) that the HeartGold chip has an in-fared chip in it, to connect to the pokewalker. Now, what if that chip isn't just an infared? What if the HeartGold/SoulSilver game runs checks to make sure the Pokewalker is in? That would explain why AceKard's work when they update the firmware, it's the hardware. It's kinda like with my iPod Touch, when I use firmware 3.0 I can use bluetooth to play games but on 2.2.1, I can't. AceKard have simply updated and made HeartGold work without even realizing. Maybe what the hackers have to do is trick the ROM into thinking that the infared chip is there? This is all theoretical by the way. But it makes sense. I really hope someone can prove me wrong though :\

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fahrgunit said:
shinkukage09 said:
fahrgunit said:
shlong said:
fahrgunit said:

Oh, really?

RevLTD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So we're seeing it might be RAM related.

Someone who has the cart, open up the cartridge (if you want) and see if theres any RAM chips on it. That can give us clues. Post pics as help, if you want lol. I don't have the cart so I can't really do anything but this is all a judge from the previous PC ram increase test.

Or someone can test on a computer with not a lot of ram, about 256mb (if anyone still has that much).

Theboynextdoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why dont we look into the past? Compare this AP to other AP's, and when it's completely new, it has to mean there is something new written in the rom, something unseen before. If you get what im trying to say.

megachamp98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fahrgunit said:
shinkukage09 said:
fahrgunit said:
shlong said:
fahrgunit said:

Well... I can't argue bout that.... He DOES have a FACT after all
tongue.gif

cunmeo2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys, starcraft 2 beta was defined as *impossible-for-cracking before it came out but it was cracked after the releashed day 1 week.

be gentle with pokemon :-j

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never realized askejeves is just ask.com now lol