Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Venko said:
Beat the Elite 4 and Champion with 23 hours playtime. Not amazingly fast or anything but I thought it was pretty good time as it wasn't a speed run or anything. My highest pokemon was Gyrados at lv47 but the rest were level 40 or below.

I was definitely too weak to fight Lance but I had a few tricks up my sleeve. Namely Gengar with Curse and a lot of Revives to keep my party alive whilst it killed his lv50 Dragonite (which, by the way, Lance fully heals twice and holds a berry which heals it once too).

I'm not sure what to do now, maybe make a team of non-evolved Pokemon and train them to high levels. Always fun to have a cute pokemon team for the Elite 4. I'm not sure what these IV, AV things are though, where to check them or what the best practises are for breeding pokemon.
Go beat the other 8 gyms.
biggrin.gif

Shadow&Light

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Venko said:
Beat the Elite 4 and Champion with 23 hours playtime. Not amazingly fast or anything but I thought it was pretty good time as it wasn't a speed run or anything. My highest pokemon was Gyrados at lv47 but the rest were level 40 or below.

I was definitely too weak to fight Lance but I had a few tricks up my sleeve. Namely Gengar with Curse and a lot of Revives to keep my party alive whilst it killed his lv50 Dragonite (which, by the way, Lance fully heals twice and holds a berry which heals it once too).

I'm not sure what to do now, maybe make a team of non-evolved Pokemon and train them to high levels. Always fun to have a cute pokemon team for the Elite 4. I'm not sure what these IV, AV things are though, where to check them or what the best practises are for breeding pokemon.

HEH, Lance can lick my feet... his dragonite was defeated by a pichu in LVL 30(yeah, the pichu shiny of the event) just needed to use hail with other pokemon, then endavour with pichu, done lol

and Focus sash to make the pichu alive lol(I beat red with the same combo)

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadow&Light said:
Venko said:

HEH, Lance can lick my feet... his dragonite was defeated by a pichu in LVL 30(yeah, the pichu shiny of the event) just needed to use hail with other pokemon, then endavour with pichu, done lol

and Focus sash to make the pichu alive lol(I beat red with the same combo)

Huh, I've not heard that one before... Perhaps it shall catch on.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hate it when prof. oak keeps calling me about my pokedex.

i mean, i'll show you it finished LATER. STOP CALLING ME YOU DAMN PERVERT.

XD

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Wyden said:
I have a lvl 17 Totodile atm, but i really don't want to evolve him, he'll learn strong attacks earlier then his evolutions but i'm afraid i'll be forced to evolve him if i want to have a chance against the elite 4
frown.gif
I don't think very many people do this. It's better just to let it evolve because if you don't, then it will have lower stats later on.

Where did you get your information from? I was informed there's no difference as the Pokemon's stats catch up once it evolves.

Shadow&Light

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
DeMoN said:
Wyden said:
I have a lvl 17 Totodile atm, but i really don't want to evolve him, he'll learn strong attacks earlier then his evolutions but i'm afraid i'll be forced to evolve him if i want to have a chance against the elite 4
frown.gif
I don't think very many people do this. It's better just to let it evolve because if you don't, then it will have lower stats later on.

Where did you get your information from? I was informed there's no difference as the Pokemon's stats catch up once it evolves.

a pokemon who is evolved in a very low LVL will gain more EV, cause his Evolution let it... of course, this isn't aplicated to those pokemon who doesnt have an evolution

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
DeMoN said:
Wyden said:
frown.gif

it just learns moves later/faster.

i forgot which one
tongue.gif

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadow&Light said:
Anakir said:
DeMoN said:
Wyden said:
frown.gif

a pokemon who is evolved in a very low LVL will gain more EV, cause his Evolution let it... of course, this isn't aplicated to those pokemon who doesnt have an evolution

EVs aside, it still means that the Pokemon's stats won't change even if you don't evolve it early/late. And what do you mean it can gain "more EVs" since max EV for ANY pokemon is 510 (255 per stat).

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
Shadow&Light said:
Anakir said:
DeMoN said:
Wyden said:
frown.gif

EVs aside, it still means that the Pokemon's stats won't change even if you don't evolve it early/late. And what do you mean it can gain "more EVs" since max EV for ANY pokemon is 510 (255 per stat).

thought legit was 85 per stat = 510 and 31 IV's.

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has always been 255 per stat.

You're correct on the maximum of IVs though.

Edit: Anyways, I'm gonna test this out. I have a Dragonair A that I'll just use Rare Candy on until level 90 (this won't evolve until level 90). And a Dragonair B that will evolve on the normal level and will Rare Candy it until its level 90. I'll come back with results.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:

Edit: Anyways, I'm gonna test this out. I have a Dragonair A that I'll just use Rare Candy on until level 90 (this won't evolve until level 90). And a Dragonair B that will evolve on the normal level and will Rare Candy it until its level 90. I'll come back with results.

but 255 for each stat isn't legit. 85 multiplied by 6 (stats) is 510.

since pokesav DS says that its legit. [in green numbers] and 255 per stat is not legit [red numbers].

anything over 510 is considered hacked. i guess.

ps. im going to sleep laters.

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
255 is max and is legit. It has always been. You can divide the 510 in any way you wish but the cap for each stat is 255; you can only have 2x 255 in the end.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
255 is max and is legit. It has always been. You can divide the 510 in any way you wish but the cap for each stat is 255; you can only have 2x 255 in the end.

edit: nvr mind

Shadow&Light

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:

but the rarecandy wont give you any EV lol, remember that defeating wild pokemon is the key for earning EV, also, every wild pokemon has different EV earning to your pokemon

Example: Beatifly gives you 3 EV of Special Atk.
While Darkrai Gives you 2 Ev of Speed and 2 EV of Special Atk.

(trainers will give you random EV to your pokemon)

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm: evolving your pokemon later has NO effect on your stats whatsoever.

So evolving your Pokemon later is totally safe as EVs can be gained like usual. I'd say, there's more advantages evolving it later than sooner.

Evolving later:

Pros:
-you get attacks faster
-you level faster as it requires less experience

Cons:
-it may make the game harder for you since the evolved forms are usually much more powerful (depends if you want a challenge or not)
-kill things faster (depends how you look at it, if your pre-evolution already does lots of damage then its good enough or it can learn those better attacks faster and do lots of damage)

Shadow&Light said:
Anakir said:

but the rarecandy wont give you any EV lol, remember that defeating wild pokemon is the key for earning EV, also, every wild pokemon has different EV earning to your pokemon

Example: Beatifly gives you 3 EV of Special Atk.
While Darkrai Gives you 2 Ev of Speed and 2 EV of Special Atk.

(trainers will give you random EV to your pokemon)

It doesn't matter. The point of the experiment was to see if the stats become different if you evolve the Pokemon later or not and the answer is no. EVs can be gained either way so it has nothing to do with evolving it later or sooner. I can even max out my Pokemon's EV on pokesav before doing the experiment and it won't make a difference in the end.

Shadow&Light

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course it will not have any difference lol!

You used rarecandy! soooooooo... you pokemon didnt earned any EV... what i was talking is that your pokemon earns MORE EV while it's evolved, read before talking lol

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, it doesn't matter. EVs can be gained REGARDLESS of the evolution. You read what I said. I can max out my Cyndaquil's EVs before it even hits a Typhlosion if I wanted to.

And do you know what the word "experiment" means? And did you read the fact that I can max out the EVs with Pokesav and do the experiment and it would end up the same thing?

I didn't think so.

Wow. Some people need to know what an experiment is. I was doing this to help people confirm if it wold affect the stats if you evolved later. And the answer is no.

Shadow&Light

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stats are raised with a evolutioned form... if it isnt matter of EV(wich are supposed to give you more stats) then, can you tell me why?

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I started Heart Gold because I chose Chikorita in Soul Silver like a fucking moron, and now I'm at Blackthorn with:

Gengar : Lv 37
Dragonair: Lv. 38
Typhlosion: Lv. 36
Umbreon: Lv. 36
Ampharos: Lv. 36

I plan to get an Azumarill later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3