United Kingdom
    I'll add it to the directory.
    But dont expect help to come easily.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  2. Draknir

Draknir Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Now, the fact that this is literally my first post on GBAtemp might make this seem like a project that will soon be abandoned. You don't have to worry about that, since I have put a lot of work into this and have no plans to do so anytime soon. Especially since this is complete aside from a few possible changes later on.

I want to thank you for at least taking some interest in this. I would like to point out that this isn't meant to "compete" with any other Platinum Hack on the internet. Rather, it is meant to provide a new and possibly fun experience. Now, onto the information.

[​IMG]

Hack of: Pokemon Platinum (U)
    Most Recent Version: 1.0 (August 24, 2013)
    Download: Link

Features:
    [​IMG]
    National Dex given at the start​
    As far as I know, Flawless Platinum is the first publicly available Platinum hack in which the player is given the National Dex at the start. This means that you no longer have to see every Pokémon in Sinnoh to do the post-game.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Pokémon have been edited.​
    Like most 386, 493, and 649 hacks, the base stats, types, movesets, evolution means, and abilities of some Pokemon have been altered. I will admit, many of these were inspired by other hacks. Not all of them, however, were done in that regard, such as the type change pictured. All trade evolutions have been edited and all happiness evolutions have been changed to levels.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    All trainers have been edited​
    Well, except one. Other than that, all battles were edited and all non-legendary Pokémon can be seen before the Elite Four without Team Galactic.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Wild Pokémon have been changed​
    This wouldn't be a 493 hack without changing wild Pokémon. All unevolved Pokémon can be obtained one way or another, mostly through wild encounters

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Pokémon found through non-traditional means have been edited.​
    This includes the Trophy Garden, the Great Marsh, and Poké Radar Pokémon (Which is how you get the starters and things like the Electrode above). However, this does not include GBA insertion Pokémon (For obvious reasons) and Swarm Pokémon (Which cannot be edited).

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Certain NPC's will give you rare or useful items​
    These include the Poké Radar, Evolution Stones, Fossils, and TM's.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    All Overworld Pokémon have had their levels increased.​
    Basically, if it can be otained in the overworld, it's at a higher level. This includes Gift Pokémon, aside from your starter.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    No more Roaming Pokémon​
    You are no longer required to chase after any Pokémon for hours. You can now spend hours trying to catch them while they don't move!

[​IMG]
    All Legendary Pokémon can be found across Sinnoh​
    Though this image does not show it (Since that would reveal the exact location of at least one Legendary), you can find all Legendary Pokémon sitting in the Overworld. The above image shows which ones are obtainable prior to beating the Elite Four.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Certain events are doable without any specific items or Pokémon​
    You are able to access Rotom's forms and the Regis without the Secret Key or Event Regigigas. Also, the three event items from DP are obtainable in-game.

FAQ:
    Why should I play your hack over another?
    Well, I honestly don't know. I'm a new face to the hacking scene, so the experience from this might be a bit different. Also the fact that no two hacks are exactly the same comes to mind.

You mentioned that you had many things inspired by other hacks. Did you just copy everything?
    A little bit for some things. Otherwise, I simply looked at some of the ideas other people had and worked with them.

How far is the editing and will I have to wait for another version of this to complete it?
    Aside from bug fixes and minor updates, the version of this hack that is available is complete. You can play the game from start to finish without having to stop at a certain place unless an uncaught bug prevents you from advancing.

What are the starters for this hack?
    They remain unchanged from the Vanilla game.

Where can I catch/see X?
    There is a document for Wild Pokémon and trainer battles enclosed with the patch

Bugs:
    [​IMG]
    (Yes, this is an actual bug that I encountered and actually left in because it was funny, correcting it caused problems elsewhere, and it doesn't affect playing the game whatsoever.)​
    None, so far.

Things I'm working on:
    -A version with increased difficulty
    -Moves having their BW stats

Tools used:
    PPRE 0.12 and 0.14
    WPEDS
    HTPE
    SGPE
    TGPE
    .btx Editor

Credits:
    The creators of all of those tools
    Drayano for inspiring me to start this project with Blaze Black and Volt White
    You for at least taking the time to look at this

3. jumpman1229

jumpman1229 SUPER BOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

United States
    Awesome! Gonna give this a shot :)

4. Black-Ice

Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

United Kingdom

Dude this looks great!
    Love the presentation ^_^

I'll add it to the directory right away.

Draknir Your hack looks amazing and has been approved by a supervisor.
    Make your own thread, thanks for setting a great example. :yaynds:

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  5. Hyrule Shield
    This message by Hyrule Shield has been removed from public view by Black-Ice, Apr 17, 2014, Reason: As requested by poster.
    Sep 15, 2013
  6. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States

The purpose of the Pokemon Hack Screening thread is to showcase your finished hack product. Sadly, what is being asked here does not do that. THere's going to need a lot more groundwork, as sprite changes do not qualify as hacks.

7. Hyrule Shield

Hyrule Shield GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well then, uh, sorry if I already sound like a Poketard, I just didn't want to make a new topic just because of my small problem. But the sprite changes are definitely just the beginning of the hack. I have lots more planned and an idea on how to do it. But thanks for the info, I guess I'll edit the post for now. ;)

8. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States

Just keep working on it, and when you attempt a lot more progress, then come back. And real progress isn't just changing a building around. ;)

9. Cheynise

Cheynise Newbie
    Newcomer

Senegal
    Hello, I'm new to this but I've been wanting to ask this question for a while now. It might get me killed, flamed, whatever. I'm just asking for the purpose of curiosity. And besides, it may be impossible to make what I'm asking in the first place. I'm not proposing project ideas or starting ones (dunno how anyway) btw but wasn't sure where to ask this here in this forum. If mods or members know where to, let me know and I'll edit this to move there (I hope, dunno if I have those privileges).

I've just played Pokemon Y (twice, oddly addicting to me than previous old games) and wanting a challenge, went to try out Volt White. Cuz of these 2, I couldn't have but wonder if in the near future, there'll be a hacked edit of Pokemon X/Y.

I'm not much of an online person to care much bout the online purposes or competitions. I actually favor more of getting a challenge in the story mode like how Volt White really makes it more interesting, as well as you have more of a Pokemon catch pool than the vanilla one. It'd be fantastic to play Pokemon Y edit version, especially with the new Pokemon (some of which I am curious too as how different the skills would be). Like I said, it may be impossible cuz I heard Pokemon X/Y ain't moddable (damn) and that emulators may get drastically slower because of the amount of 3D Pokemon X/Y uses.

So my question is having a harder version of Pokemon X/Y a good or bad idea (and that includes the pros and cons on modding it)?

Let the torches and pitchforks fly at me. -holds shield-

10. Shaheer Ali

Shaheer Ali Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I created a thread without asking for permission, my bad. Someone linked me to this thread. So I formally ask permission to start the development of a new hack. I do not feel like rewriting the whole post over again, so here is the link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=316077

If I do have to, I'll do it.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

11. Black-Ice

United Kingdom

You actually have to do things before you get a thread here.
    Have a patch, actually be bothered to layout your post in here and show promise towards a complete game.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  12. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    we are not able to edit 3ds games yet, so we can't make hacks of pokemon x/y, but i'm sure one day, hopefully, we will be able to :)

13. Marugi

Marugi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey guys,
    I'm thinking of making my own Pokemon Fire Red hack, Pokemon Blazing Fire Red. It will be set 4 years after the events of Fire Red. I was wondering if anyone could make some overworld sprites for my new characters (I will upload the images later.). any help would be appreciated.

-Marugi

Here's the first image, just send me the .bmp files.

Attached Files:

14. Castiel

Castiel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Pokemon Fire Red is a GBA game so you have no need to get permission from this thread. Just make sure you post your hack in the GBA section of the forums.

15. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Brazil
    question: for a pokemon translation/some hack (not making another game but making it from english to portuguese, with some aditions like finding event itens on some spots ) I have to ask here?
    My post would be more for asking for help is some specific things I'm too noob to do alone :v
    So I will need to have permision as well?

16. Black-Ice

United Kingdom
    That qualifies as a hack and will have to be posted in here.
    When your project is done or reaches a good enough level (eg: it will be completed soon) then you get permission to create your own thread.
    Good luck

EZ-Megaman and Sliter like this.
  17. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Brazil
    hmm ok thank you
    the problem is the most hacking part I will need help XD but the translation part just need the text, the graphic are all made .. but it have so much text XDDD
    well I will post more details here and see how it can go :v

18. Ziggurats

Ziggurats Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I need some help with a hack I'm working on. I'm using PPRE version .14 and so far I've only edited trainers, pokemon and wild encounters. However, several scripts in the game are now broken (without me touching them) and the game is nearly unplayable. I know a lot of people here have experience with PPRE, so can I get some debugging tips? Do I have to edit everything in hex, or can I just use an older version of PPRE?

19. brtatu
    This message by brtatu has been removed from public view by Castiel, May 30, 2014, Reason: Deleted by request.
    May 1, 2014
  20. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

China
    translate and mirror info + download to here please~

i am not sure if linking to another forums is ok with the rules, but i think its fine

ps. the file got the actuall rom, you can't distribute the rom here, you can however distribute a patch to aply in a rom...

also, example on how you should post a hack: http://gbatemp.net/threads/pokémon-sacred-gold-storm-silver.327567/
    (download that hack, you can figure out how to make a good "distribution"

Black-Ice likes this.
  21. Black-Ice

United Kingdom
    I'd like to see more screenshots from further into the game.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  22. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Netherlands
    Am I allowed to make a thread for http://www.pokemonzetaomicron.com/? It's not mine or anything and technically it's not even a romhack, but it has been in progress for 2 years and the final version is supposed to be released in roughly 4 days. I've played it for a bit and it seems pretty sweet.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Screening, Pokémon, Thread