i1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Topic.

I have a DStwo with a 4gb class 4 sandisk microsd, and have no problems playing most games. However, my 4th gen Pokemon games (Platinum, Heartgold, Soulsilver) are extremely laggy. When I start a new game they're fine, but after a while (when I progress a certain distance into the game; it started around Olivine City in HG I believe) there will be lots of lag in the PC, the bag, before and after talking to NPCs, during loading/transition screens, etc. which makes it very annoying to play. I can understand why my Soulsilver lags as there are several hundred Pokemon on it, but the other two have literally ~10 Pokemon total and still lag like crazy.

Does anyone else know of this problem, or have a similar problem? I asked a friend who also has a DStwo with a 4gb microsd of a different brand, and he said that his game only lags when he goes into the bag/that the problem might just be with my microsd.

D

Deleted-236924

The problem probably lies within your microSD.
Or maybe the roms are somehow corrupted?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i1337 said:
Terminator02 said:
probably a slow microSD card, did you get it bundled with your DSTWO?

Yep.
That was a mistake, only ever get microSD cards (or flash storage in general) from reputable dealers like amazon, newegg, your local electronics store, etc. People can make crap SD cards for cheap, that's what you've got.

i1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Terminator02 said:
i1337 said:
Terminator02 said:
probably a slow microSD card, did you get it bundled with your DSTWO?

Yep.
That was a mistake, only ever get microSD cards (or flash storage in general) from reputable dealers like amazon, newegg, your local electronics store, etc. People can make crap SD cards for cheap, that's what you've got.

Ah, alright. I was planning to get a larger (16gb probably) new one from Best Buy or something anyway so at least it works out in that regard.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only time my pokemon game lags is when I load a save state from the middle of battle, but goes back to normal when save it and restart the game.

your problem could possibly root from a slow/bogus card.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have this same issue from a Toshiba class 6, 16GB MicroSD Card (Made in Japan), but it only happens on Soul Silver and Heart Gold.

I'm gonna try backing up, formatting, and reloading everything on it to see if it helps at all.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pokemon black sometimes has lagg in a triple battle before choosing an attack, or is this only me?

Must be at least in my case, Black is actually zippy fast as is White on my DSTWO.

Edit:

EGADS fellow tempers, this feline has found ze solution!

Back up everything onto your computer from your MicroSD. Use Panasonic SD Formatter and do Flash (Overwrite), and Format Size Adjustment (On), reload everything back on.

Suddenly, HG and SS are zippy as can be, as are DPPt!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up