Votes: 97 48.3%
  • Green

Votes: 29 14.4%

• Total voters

Flintiex

Trophies
XP
Country
Since it's more important and probably a bit easier, I'll do music first. :)
With B2W2 out, you can use the Kanto Gym leader SSEQ for your game, since all you have to do is change instruments without turning it into a MIDI and it will still keep the loop.

I remember trying to do something like this, but whenever I tried to overwrite the original gym music with B2W2's Sinnoh gym leader music in crystal tile 2 it kept giving me an error, which I'd assume is because the new track is larger than the original.. Any way the SSEQ files can be shortened without turning them into Midi files?

3-sD~Juggalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember trying to do something like this, but whenever I tried to overwrite the original gym music with B2W2's Sinnoh gym leader music in crystal tile 2 it kept giving me an error, which I'd assume is because the new track is larger than the original.. Any way the SSEQ files can be shortened without turning them into Midi files?

Yeah sseq files can be shortened without turning them into midi's, through hex editing its a b*tch. easy way to do it would be to look at the sseq's hex in vgmtrans, in there you can highlight indivual tracks, you will need to delete one of the tracks, but then you have to figure out how many bytes you deleted, by converting all the hex values u deleted and turning them into bytes using calculator, then you have to change the size in the header it's in hex, and replaces it with the new size, in hex. then in the sub header, you have to delete the header size from then new file size, and replace it. all in hex lol.

Reactions: 1 person

Flintiex

Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah sseq files can be shortened without turning them into midi's, through hex editing its a b*tch. easy way to do it would be to look at the sseq's hex in vgmtrans, in there you can highlight indivual tracks, you will need to delete one of the tracks, but then you have to figure out how many bytes you deleted, by converting all the hex values u deleted and turning them into bytes using calculator, then you have to change the size in the header it's in hex, and replaces it with the new size, in hex. then in the sub header, you have to delete the header size from then new file size, and replace it. all in hex lol.

Aha well that sounds like fun :blink:

3-sD~Juggalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ATTENTION!
I have sent both name change patches to supagokuman2, so its up to him to decide when and how to release it.
i made the blue name change one because it beat gary in the poll.
and i made the green name change for the few die hard manga fans in here.

Hope you guys enjoy! :yay:

KingDrapion

Trophies
XP
Country
Since it's more important and probably a bit easier, I'll do music first. :)
With B2W2 out, you can use the Kanto Gym leader SSEQ for your game, since all you have to do is change instruments without turning it into a MIDI and it will still keep the loop.
And how do I change instruments without turning it into a MIDI, lol?
I have still got to figure how to do it properly, but someone already knows how to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA_cspOe0Gk
You could probably ask him/her for their SSEQ file.

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I have lately looked like a "I don't give a dang about this hack anymore", but I am extremely busy, so progress will be postponed.

Thing is, I gotta study for a big test so I can get into a school here in Mexico (Since I just moved) and if I don't pass, I will literally have no school. All the other schools are either too far to even drive to, or are closed for admissions. My exam is on Saturday, so I don't have much time.

I hope you can understand.

pokemon hacker f

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Sorry if I have lately looked like a "I don't give a dang about this hack anymore", but I am extremely busy, so progress will be postponed.

Thing is, I gotta study for a big test so I can get into a school here in Mexico (Since I just moved) and if I don't pass, I will literally have no school. All the other schools are either too far to even drive to, or are closed for admissions. My exam is on Saturday, so I don't have much time.

I hope you can understand.
Cool Dude
Every one understand School Comes Before Game/Hacking :)

3-sD~Juggalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
''school is for fools'' - toothless, homeless man from that one movie.

J/k good luck on ur test i guess i can have another go at the trainer edits this week if i aint to busy

Flintiex

Trophies
XP
Country
I say Blue...If you change the name to Gary, you might as well change the main character to Ash. :/ But otherwise, this project looks promising! :)
If I get a volunteer to make the name changes to Blue, then that should satisfy everyone (Except the few Green people)
Honestly, I prefer Blue, too. But it's gonna cost me a lot of work to change everything to Blue..

If only PPTXT (The Text Editor) had a Ctrl + F (Text Search) feature, then I could do it in a flash,

Hey i just figuered out how to use a "ctrl+f" with pptxt, so i will get to work on changing all instances og the word gary to blue.. .
but you gotta find someone else to do the trainer edits srry im still pissed about losing the progress on it, not to mention it would be easier for someone who actually know the pkmn in this game, i only know 1st gen pkmn. but after i get the wild pkmn done wich should be in a couple hours, ill wrap it all up with the other release, and send it to you. then ill get to work on changing the txt for all these die hard Blue fans lol.

How can you use the ctrl+f with PPtxt? Would save me so much time ;L

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, just finished my test.

The problems I understood how to do at all were extremely easy, but the ones I didn't get were straight-up hardcore.
Luckily, there were plenty more I understood than didn't. I have a good feeling about this test :)

Now with that out of the way, I can work on releasing the next beta, v0.2.1!

It will include:
- ALL Player Red Sprites!
- Wild Pokemon Modifications!
+ Wild Pokemon will become tougher, and you'll have to prepare yourself.
It won't be hardcore, but you can't be so careless! Some Rare Pokemon Easter Eggs added too!
- Rival Blue and Rival Green Versions!
- More Text Fixes!
- Some Graphic Errors fixed!

Thanks for all your support!

Just in case if you were thinking about it, I DON'T recommend creating a Let's Play/Walkthrough of this yet! Wait until v0.4.1! (Music Modifications!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1