Votes: 29 14.4%

• Total voters

jdthebud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I wanna say this is a great idea for a hack.

And I voted for Blue instead of Gary, it's better game canon.

Here are a few bugs/ideas I want to highlight:
  • There are a few sprites that need fixing: the Item Pose, getting pokemon from Nurse Joy, and the Save Pose.
  • Here are some screenshots so you get the idea:
itempose.png
pokecenter.png
savingpose.png
  • I haven't gotten the Bike yet, but I assume those need to be inserted as well.
  • If there is a way to edit the Xtransceiver images and the rival battle animations, those should be taken into account as well.
  • When Ghetsis appeared, there is an off-color box around him, you need to get rid of the background in your sprite image.
  • Some of the dialogue you have in there is a little broken up with big pauses and stuff, maybe try to clean that up a little. I especially noticed it when talking to Ridley.
  • Finally, in the README file, you mentioned that there are some Base Stat changes. What are those changes?

One final thing. You might want to try posting this hack over a the PokeCommunity Forums. They might have more people willing to help, especially with spriting and other stuff as well.

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
First, I wanna say this is a great idea for a hack.

And I voted for Blue instead of Gary, it's better game canon.

Here are a few bugs/ideas I want to highlight:
  • There are a few sprites that need fixing: the Item Pose, getting pokemon from Nurse Joy, and the Save Pose.
  • Here are some screenshots so you get the idea:
itempose.png
pokecenter.png
savingpose.png
  • I haven't gotten the Bike yet, but I assume those need to be inserted as well.
  • If there is a way to edit the Xtransceiver images and the rival battle animations, those should be taken into account as well.
  • When Ghetsis appeared, there is an off-color box around him, you need to get rid of the background in your sprite image.
  • Some of the dialogue you have in there is a little broken up with big pauses and stuff, maybe try to clean that up a little. I especially noticed it when talking to Ridley.
  • Finally, in the README file, you mentioned that there are some Base Stat changes. What are those changes?
One final thing. You might want to try posting this hack over a the PokeCommunity Forums. They might have more people willing to help, especially with spriting and other stuff as well.
1. Yeah, those 3 sprites haven't been edited, wish I had a spriter to make 'em :'(
2. Like 1 says, yep, those 3 aren't edited.
3. Bike sprites actually have been edited successfully.
4. I need someone who knows how to edit internal sprites for the Xtransceiver. Like I said, if I had a spriter, the animations wouldn't be a problem.
5. You have an old version. Ghetsis has been fixed in the current link.
6. Some dialogue has been improved, but it would take ages to make it perfect. will continue to update this as much as I can, though.
7. You'll have to ask flygon12345, he did that editing stuff.

jdthebud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yeah, those 3 sprites haven't been edited, wish I had a spriter to make 'em :'(
4. I need someone who knows how to edit internal sprites for the Xtransceiver. Like I said, if I had a spriter, the animations wouldn't be a problem.
6. Some dialogue has been improved, but it would take ages to make it perfect. will continue to update this as much as I can, though.
I am using v0.1.1, and I downloaded it on June 29th, so unless the link on the front is wrong, Ghetsis isn't fixed yet.

The README file in the rar says "This is version 0.1.0, remember that!", so maybe you didn't actually put the right files in the rar?

Also, I was able to test the bike out by changing the rom I had to work with a Black sav file where I had beaten the game, and it looks good.

Looks like Surfing needs to be sprited too though. Did you consider posting on PokeCommunity? They have pretty good hacking people over there, although I don't know how many of them are on this site as well.

How far does the current patch go? As far as dialogue and story and stuff? And you really should document the base stat changes somewhere so people know what is different.

Hehe, looks like Blue has taken over Gary.

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I am using v0.1.1, and I downloaded it on June 29th, so unless the link on the front is wrong, Ghetsis isn't fixed yet.

The README file in the rar says "This is version 0.1.0, remember that!", so maybe you didn't actually put the right files in the rar?

Also, I was able to test the bike out by changing the rom I had to work with a Black sav file where I had beaten the game, and it looks good.

Looks like Surfing needs to be sprited too though. Did you consider posting on PokeCommunity? They have pretty good hacking people over there, although I don't know how many of them are on this site as well.

How far does the current patch go? As far as dialogue and story and stuff? And you really should document the base stat changes somewhere so people know what is different.

Seriously? Is Ghetsis really not fixed? Wow, silly me. I'll fix it as soon as I can.

I can't post yet on Poke Community, have to make like 15 posts before I can make a thread lol

Texts and Sprites are practically done throughout the entire game. Only a handful of things are missing.

Gary: 57
Blue: 56

Yep.

3-sD~Juggalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok everybody, havent got no work done, becuase we are in a state of emergency right now we had one hell of a storm blow through here friday, and about 5-6 citys including myne lost power. must people have their power back on now, but i am not one of the lucky few who has power (im at the library now :) and if the reports hold true i could be with out power for a few more days. ..... and let me tell u it is F***ING! HOT!! i had to sleep on my porch last night lol.

anyways ima go now lots to do, i mean lots to do ill update again when i get powerback untill then.. .. ...

Flintiex

Trophies
XP
Country

Seriously? Is Ghetsis really not fixed? Wow, silly me. I'll fix it as soon as I can.

I can't post yet on Poke Community, have to make like 15 posts before I can make a thread lol

Texts and Sprites are practically done throughout the entire game. Only a handful of things are missing.

Gary: 57
Blue: 56

Yep.

Lol when are you gonna close that poll? Because you don't wanna have to go through the whole game again changing the name from Gary to Blue ;L

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice hack are you still working at it m8??
Of course. Progress may have been a bit slow lately, but it's nothing to worry about.
This beta will change Wild/Trainers' Pokemon.

On a side note, I'm still having a lot of trouble with music. I need to figure out how to make it work properly soon, this hack practically NEEDS music, lol.

DarkSoulFlame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say Blue...If you change the name to Gary, you might as well change the main character to Ash. :/ But otherwise, this project looks promising! :)

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I say Blue...If you change the name to Gary, you might as well change the main character to Ash. :/ But otherwise, this project looks promising! :)
If I get a volunteer to make the name changes to Blue, then that should satisfy everyone (Except the few Green people)
Honestly, I prefer Blue, too. But it's gonna cost me a lot of work to change everything to Blue..

If only PPTXT (The Text Editor) had a Ctrl + F (Text Search) feature, then I could do it in a flash,

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I prefer Green, as thats the name he had first (with the first games being red and green)
Well, Green is the Manga version of him. Unless you are in Japan, then Green is his Game version as well, I believe. Everywhere else, he's Blue in the Game, and Gary in the anime.
Don't ask why I named him Gary... I've repeated the answer countless times, read the previous posts for reference.

Flintiex

Trophies
XP
Country
Just seen someone else tried posting a fire red remake topic, but luckily got quickly banned.. There needs to be some rule set in place so them topics can't be posted! It's getting ridiculous!

Reactions: 1 person

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just seen someone else tried posting a fire red remake topic, but luckily got quickly banned.. There needs to be some rule set in place so them topics can't be posted! It's getting ridiculous!
Yeah, I was first poster, lol.
I see my thread was good enough to not get locked, haha.
Thanks, Densetsu.

3-sD~Juggalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YAY i finnaly got elictricity backm and if ur wondering why u r waiting for the next release its me doing the work, i have been without power for the last 4 days and it has been 100 degrees plus the whole time, just got my pc plugged back in gonna do a little work tonight, then get drunk so ima start a countdown 7 days from 2morrow or sooner, so thats next thursday or sonner for the next release
srry bout the wait guys hopefully this will make the game more challenging, and also there will be 8 easter eggs to find, [special wild pokemon]

so goodbye 4 now and for the rest of u americans happy 4th of july!

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
YAY i finnaly got elictricity backm and if ur wondering why u r waiting for the next release its me doing the work, i have been without power for the last 4 days and it has been 100 degrees plus the whole time, just got my pc plugged back in gonna do a little work tonight, then get drunk so ima start a countdown 7 days from 2morrow or sooner, so thats next thursday or sonner for the next release
srry bout the wait guys hopefully this will make the game more challenging, and also there will be 8 easter eggs to find, [special wild pokemon]

so goodbye 4 now and for the rest of u americans happy 4th of july!
Yeah, but I'm the one who's gonna have to do the music, not looking forward to it, lol.
I'm glad you got your electricity back, I'll send you a rocket through Air Mail for 4th of July lol.

3-sD~Juggalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but I'm the one who's gonna have to do the music, not looking forward to it, lol.
I'm glad you got your electricity back, I'll send you a rocket through Air Mail for 4th of July lol.

please do i can only buy the crappy fireworks here, and because of the storm that hit i wasnt able to go outta state to get the good ones lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMuP01GlQi4