ROM Hack Pokemon FireRed GBA VC Save with PkHeX

SDMStaff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HELP!

Just injected a GBA rom of Pokemon FireRed as a VC cia to my o2DS, running cfw 11.6 and god mode 9. I've fixed the save error you get at the beginning of the game (but message still appears as per usual), and used gm9 to dump the save file to my SD card. I tried to open the save file to edit using PkHeX but I get this error message: "Attempted to load unsupported file type" , and it just opens to my default save (Pokemon sun). I've tried changing the file extension to .pk3, .sav (instead of .gbavc.sav) and even .pk7, but I still get the error. I was hoping someone would know a way of fixing this, or otherwise another way to edit my gba vc save.

Cheers ;)

(N.B. Since I'm a new member I can't leave a link to my save file)

SDMStaff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pkhex only support Gen6/Gen7 file
The latest version of PkHeX is proven to be able to edit all generations, even gen 1, in order to provide improved compatibility for Sun and Moon; I've even been able to edit the saves from HeartGold and Platinum from the DS emulator on my 2ds, which are of course are gen 4. The GBA VC seems to be the only exception.

SDMStaff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Might be that the patch modifies how the resulting save file looks so pkhex doesn't read it correctly
What patch? I didn't apply one in the VC injector; could it be the fact I used the hex editor to fix the save error and now PkHeX won't recognise it? If so, could I build a save from scratch on PkHeX then inject that into the game

ttioali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't remember where I downloaded the cia for Pokemon, both Emerald and Firered, but they were working fine with PkHex. Are you editing the save with hex editor? Maybe that is the problem, it gets a different file size and Pkhex won't recognize it. Try to look for a different cia or maybe open the save file on an emulator, save on the correct file size, edit with Pkhex and then with a Hex editor again.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
What patch? I didn't apply one in the VC injector; could it be the fact I used the hex editor to fix the save error and now PkHeX won't recognise it? If so, could I build a save from scratch on PkHeX then inject that into the game

Any save fix I know of for the gba Pokemons games messes with the format of the save. Afaik pkhex would only support vanilla saves as they would be on a cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol