Pokemon Fire Red problem on the GBA Emu

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Korbra, Jul 26, 2011.

Jul 26, 2011
  1. Korbra
    OP

Newcomer Korbra Newbie

United States
    Okay so I've got the Official DSTwo plugin GBA Emulator and I'm trying to play Pokemon Fire Red. When you first start it up, it says "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed". One site was talking about my exact problem on a different emulator and said to change the save type to flash 128k and it should work. So I did more searching and found another message board that linked to the game_config.txt and said it should fix the problem. Well I already have the latest game_config.txt in the root of my minisd and checked to make sure that FireRed was listed with a 128k save. No effect. A couple of forums mentioned save patches but if you scroll down, people replied to the thread saying the patch didn't work. Finally, I saw that some people ignore the message and use save states to get through the game but then when they get to the Elite 4 it restarts so I don't want to do that. Anyways, any help is appreciated.

edit: This is my exact problem except I'm obviously not using the VBA or whatever he is using, I'm using the GBA Emu on the DSTwo.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fczh_1qrAY

edit2: I've done some more messing around. LeafGreen opens and saves without any of the error messages. It has no problem making a 128k .sav. The game_config.txt stuff is exactly the same for both games, so I don't know what the deal is. For some reason firered always has the sub-circuit board message and attempts to make a 64k .sav. I tried renaming the leafgreen sav as a firered just to see what would happen and that didn't do anything either.

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    surprised no one has answered this yet, it's simple:

First, you need to download v1.21 of NDSGBA and extract the files to the root of your microsd card (an older version, so don't update it). Then, download game_config.txt and put that txt file in your microsd's NDSGBA folder.

they should both work fine

3. voice-echoed

Newcomer voice-echoed Member

Canada
    I followed your steps sand it didin`t fix anything..... I put the game config.txt in the root of my ndsgba folder and started up fire red and still have the same problem....???

4. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Are you using the right version of NDSGBA?

5. goncalodoom

Member goncalodoom GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    Just download fire red again,the rom may be corrupted

6. Ryota Sakurai

Newcomer Ryota Sakurai Newbie

United States
    Does the game_config.txt work for iSmart MM?

7. MAXLEMPIRA

Member MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Mexico
    deleting de .sav already created?
    Hey, talking about this... I can't find any answer to this from very long time... I have Pokemon RojoFuego (Pokemon FireRed Spanish) and I'm trying to run it on VBAGX but it says that the game is broken and can't save... working on others emulator... have anyone found how to fix this?

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA, Aug 15, 2015