Hacking Pokemon Diamond on R4 + PBR

Nio

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, I dont have PBR yet, but I am planing on getting it.

I played Perl for a few minutes, just long enough to pick up that stupid fire-monkey and thats it.

So is it a good idea to invest a lot of time in the game?

Do you think the wii connectifity will come to the R4?
Or can I convert my save for another Card later?

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Yes to fully enjoy PBR i think it is wise to atleast invest a few solid hours into your Pearl well until they fix the Wii Connectivity cause then you can just pokesav your pokemon in. Eventually Wii Connectivity will come to the R4 it was supposed to come in the new 1.12 kernel never did so in the near future yes.

Using this converter you can convert any saves to the necessary needed.

D

Deleted User

...but ultimalty i guess you really have to be a Pokemon fan to enjoy the game.

And someone that is a habitual drug user.

Hey, leave me out of it, even I don't play Pokemon! lol
wink.gif

Even you? Why not? It's amazing
tongue.gif

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i use the R4 with the M3 program can I connect Pokèmon ds at the wii version?

If you're referring to the M3 Simply, then again no... If you mean something else, then no.

The kernel for the M3 Simply is just a slightly modified version of the R4's kernel so that it works with the minor hardware difference between the two cards. One will likely never have any ability or liability that the other one doesn't.

striderx

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then there is absolutely no way to transfer my pkm in pearl in the wii version?

Okay, now that's an entirely different question.

The short answer is, no, you can't do this from an R4/M3 Simply.

BUT, if you own a copy of the real game (Come on, you really should. It's a great game!) it is possible to load the SAVEGAME you've been playing on the R4 to the GENUINE commercial cartridge and then connect to Battle Revolution on the Wii.

If you don't have a copy of the commercial cartridge to work with then you can't. But you could borrow one from a really good friend. Buy one used and return it if you're too cheap.

You need

o a computer with WiFi,
o an FTP server application on that computer and
o Rudolph's NDS Backup WiFi.

If you're borrowing a friends copy of D/P you back up his game first to the PC. Then replace his copy with the savegame file you've been playing on the R4 (in my experience, the R4 files work as is, no conversion needed). Connect to the Wii using the commercial cartridge and copy your Pokedex to it. Then restore your friend's savegame to the cart.

Of course, if you don't have the commercial cart you can't do the wireless battles that use the DS as the controller, but you can play the game on the Wii alone using the Pokemon you copied over and also battle over the internet with them.

There, does that help?

striderx

P.S. -- Don't play with outrageously hacked Pokemon over the internet. The Nintendo servers can detect them and will come down on you. Keep your stats sane and realistic and you should be okay.

Yan K

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Buyed the game 2 days ago. GREAT GAME!
I would'nt like to see someone link to PBR with an unofficial cartrigde
dry.gif

That's not the way to play it
happy.gif
But thatz just my opinion...
tongue.gif

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
striderx said:

BUT, if you own a copy of the real game (Come on, you really should. It's a great game!) it is possible to load the SAVEGAME you've been playing on the R4 to the GENUINE commercial cartridge and then connect to Battle Revolution on the Wii.

If you don't have a copy of the commercial cartridge to work with then you can't. But you could borrow one from a really good friend. Buy one used and return it if you're too cheap.

You need

o a computer with WiFi,

If you're borrowing a friends copy of D/P you back up his game first to the PC. Then replace his copy with the savegame file you've been playing on the R4 (in my experience, the R4 files work as is, no conversion needed). Connect to the Wii using the commercial cartridge and copy your Pokedex to it. Then restore your friend's savegame to the cart.

Of course, if you don't have the commercial cart you can't do the wireless battles that use the DS as the controller, but you can play the game on the Wii alone using the Pokemon you copied over and also battle over the internet with them.

There, does that help?

striderx

P.S. -- Don't play with outrageously hacked Pokemon over the internet. The Nintendo servers can detect them and will come down on you. Keep your stats sane and realistic and you should be okay.

Sorry but there is a guide with photo or images or something like taht, I thank you for the explanation but I are not so good with COM.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing that it is impossible for the R4 team to fix the Wii-DS connection issue with a firmware loader, otherwise I'd think they would have done so by now.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but there ARE other flashcarts that CAN do it. Maybe it's time to get one of those if it's that important to you. Or just buy THAT game for the ability.

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can and want buy the game but I want use my savegame, is not a problem pick the cartridge a gamestop is a problem put my pokèmon in.

dailun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kaos999 said:
Nope.

AFAIK CycloDS Evolution and possibly EDGE are the only flash carts that offer this feature, and even then it only works with US versions of Diamond/Pearl and PBR.

NOT TRUE. The G6Real can talk to PBR. Kinda sucks to have purchased two of these just to play PBR, but the Cyclo and Edge did not exist then.

CyberAxe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cyberaxe.net
XP
Country
i want this feature so i can copy my pokemon over to the jap version of the ranch channel to get the japanese yukari events pokemon

my english save works on the japanese rom which is why its so annoying it doesnt work

ArvinaLove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wowsers, lots of replies since i last checked
tongue.gif
Thankfully though i found my legit cartridge that i lost and to tell you the truth... PBR isn't so exciting.... quite a disappointment actually :/ not nearly as much fun as the N64's Pokemon Colosseum!

CyberAxe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cyberaxe.net
XP
Country
ArvinaLove said:
wowsers, lots of replies since i last checked
tongue.gif
Thankfully though i found my legit cartridge that i lost and to tell you the truth... PBR isn't so exciting.... quite a disappointment actually :/ not nearly as much fun as the N64's Pokemon Colosseum!

that would be pokemon stadium
tongue.gif
of which i am playign right now

Project_Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
striderx said:

You need

o a computer with WiFi,

There, does that help?

striderx

This method works. Saved my ass. Rent a copy of diamond to do it if you need to save money. Also if you use pokesav make sure all IV and EVs are at 0 or set them to an appropriate number. I made all mine 0 and i paid for it....
frown.gif
my pokemon have shitty stats now because i did not know that affected the stats. so carefull because they turn to bad eggs if they are too hacked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson