Wood Dumper-- FTP not Running

SuperDarke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I'm trying to use WoodDumper to dump some of my NDS ROMs (Pokemon Diamond, White &c). I am using an amazon-flavored R4 flashcard (with a red pcb). I am following the guide posted by InsaneNutter over at Digiex. I can get all the way to activating the FTP transfer. After opening up an open network and connecting both my laptop and my DS Lite, using WoodDumper I can connect to the network and an IP address appears on the DS screen. Then, I plug the IP address into my FTP manager on my laptop and... nothing happens. I am unable to connect; it idles out. Using CLI utilities on my laptop, I can see that the IP address is active, but no ports on the address are open and therefore cannot use FTP. I have tried running the r85, r89, and r72 versions of WoodDumper. Would anyone have any advice around this?

Thank you for reading :)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A better option would be to run GodMode9i on a Nintendo DSi, or the regular GodMode9 on 3DS, and use either tool to dump the ROMs that way. (WoodDumper is an outdated tool.)
You'll most likely get good dumps when using either tool, and the process will be faster.
If you insist on just using a DS Lite though, install FlashMe and then buy a Slot-2 flashcard such as the SuperCard MiniSD, as well as a 2GB miniSD card (or microSD card with miniSD adapter).

SuperDarke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, RocketRobz. I didn't know WoodDumper was outdated. I wish I still had my DSi or another 3DS; I would like to keep my 3DS on original firmware :P. The SuperCard looks interesting, I'll have to take another look at it. I will try another network (probably troll around my local McDonalds for an open network or something) and see if using another network works.

Reactions: RocketRobz

SuperDarke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, long story short, after searching around for unsecured networks, it proved difficult to find one that didn't also have a login page (think hotel wifi). I ended up putting CFW on my 3DS and using Godmode9 to dump the files directly.

Reactions: RocketRobz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye