Zyenet

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zyetendo.com
XP
Country
United States
I think I've located the location of all the Pokémon sprites in D/P, but whenever I load the graphic files with Tahaxan, I get something like this:

dp-junk.jpg

The location I'm looking in the Rom is poketool/pokegra/pokegra.narc

If I'm in the wrong location, tell me, and give me the right location.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Zyenet said:
Got GBADecmp. Won't run on Vista, and when I run it on XP, it crashes when I hit the go button. Any ideas? Like, a better lz77 decompression program?
works just fine on my vista computah...there's another one Nintenlord's LZ77 compressor if I remember correctly.

Zyenet

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zyetendo.com
XP
Country
United States
I've got Nintenlord's lz77 decompression tool, but no clue how to use it. It gives me an error saying the file is larger than the offset, sometimes it says it needs a different offset, etc. I hate Nintendo for changing the compression from D/P and Platinum, since I've got PokeDsPic displaying D/P sprites, but Platinum ones don't work.

Help?

Zyenet

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zyetendo.com
XP
Country
United States
That, as I stated above, only works for D/P sprites. Platinum sprites are compressed differently, so PokeDsPic needs an update. (lz77 compressed, I think)

hrc969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, you can modify DS PokePic to view the sprites in platinum. Just two numbers change and everything else is the same.

Now I am having trouble with something else, when I use DS PokePic to view otherpoke.narc, the sprites show up without color. What can I do to fix this?
Note: This happens when viewing the DP otherpoke.narc with the unmodified DS Pokepic and when viewing the Platinum otherpoke.narc with the modified DS Pokepic
EDIT: There are two ways to to edit the program to show the platinum sprites:

1) One is to make the PRNG run backwards to how it was run for DP.

2)Make the seed for the PRNG start at the zeroth element of the array rather than at the last one, then run the loop backwards from the way it is run.

hrc969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zyenet said:
Can you send me a modified copy of PokeDsPic? I've got no clue how to do what you said.
OK, I emailed you a link.

Also I figured out how to view the otherpoke sprites. Thanks anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь