Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DesDes-san said:
It seems likely that the mixed responses regarding Acekards and AKAIO is due to different hardware revisions. While Black and White don't function on my Acekard 2i running AKAIO 1.7.1, it does work on my R4 running Wood 1.12.
I haven't exactly confirmed this but on various sites, the culprit in terms of AKAIO seems to be the AK2.1. Just a hunch though so take it with a grain of salt.

Someone confirmed the same issue except it was with an AK2i so that hunch is now false.

WrSmega

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
confirmed working with sound errors on EDGE

on another note: Is anyone playing off of a ds phat, please tell me how the sound it
biggrin.gif

Night_Jesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gravejoker said:
If you are using r4, there is already a solution

use this firmware from stevetre that is only used for pokemon black and white
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NBLRR1O2

then use the patch i posted earlier and profit

we are still looking for a universal patch, but this is tiring...

Hey, major help.

I am a total noob at all this and ill say what i've done so far....

I downloaded that wood R4 and extract it to my micro SD card and now i have....
My game folder and DS_Menu.Dat and the _rpg file (thats all i have in my SD card) when i try to load it up, it just says loading and i cant do anything.

Like i said im a major noob so please help me out, thanks

iambananaballsso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried the rakuraku patch using pokemon black on ds lite acekard 2 akaio 1.7.1 and it works good for now
there is no freezing and i can gain exp, i started from the beginning to the forest part.

AntiMaylee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've set up and loaded all the patches out there on five various pokemon black roms yet all of them doesn't go any further then 'load rom errcode=4 please reset system', I don't understand the error nor how to fix it. I'm using a R4 SDHC upgrade cartridge on a DS lite on version 1.09b, been working on getting the game to get passed the error for a good hour now but can't seem to crack it, could someone kindly tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

Even upgraded to R4i version 1.25b but got 'load rom errcode=5 please reset system', I'm in a right jam. Some people have been able to load their games and get white screens, I don't even get that :\.

Please and thank you
smile.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend that you guys NOT play Black and White.

It'll help GBATemp a lot.

On Topic: The Hex Edit Patch works for me. So, yeah.

Naruto456910

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh.. I have N5. Is there anyway for that to work? I'm using the lastest firmware 1.32 Plus YSMenu and I still get an error when I try to load patched roms.

PieEaterBeast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chalk up another one where the hex patch worked (rakuraku). Acekard 2, 1.7.1, DS fat. Had random freezing and no EXP before, now right from the beginning you get EXP. Half of me was actually interested in that no EXP AP since I just found it hilarious how they made 'hard mode' an actual AP 'solution.' They should totally keep that feature in as an option one day.

ridge-kh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gregora said:
running R4i Gold using the most recent firmware that I can find (which I downloaded through this site) and I've never had it crash but I get no exp. I'm on Route two and I've caught two wild pokemon.

Where abouts on this site did you get the firmware from? I have the same flashcart as you
I did some searching and i couldn't find shit
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think