Hardware Pokemon bootleg save extractor

Arekkuwu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I developed a software that extracts save data from a bootleg rom.
In order to use it you need to dumb the rom from your bootleg cartridge.

One way to do it: here.

You can download the software here: link

The software is straightforward to use, here are some pictures of it:
Software_idle.png

Once a save extraction is completly done:
Software_done.png

For now the software checks are:
  • Load a file only if a game is selected before.
  • Check size of the file given (rejet everything that is not 16Mo or 32Mo)
My goal now is to find people to test it with their cartridge to have feedbacks.

GitHub link

Last edited by Arekkuwu,
Reactions: zfreeman

Tamer_Meyer

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
i try with a fire red bootleg and it worked perfectly.
I would like to make a suggestion to you, when the process is finished, a window is missing that notifies that the process has been completed, the first time I did it, I stayed in plan, wait, was that all? and the sav where is it ?.

Arekkuwu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello im having problems trying to open this program could any tell me how? thanks
Hi
As I developed this software without being a verified editor, Windows might not want to execute the program.
In my case Microsoft Defender SmartScreen asks me the first time if I want to execute it.
I did an analys on Virus Total to check the results and 2 out 67 flagged it (Bitdefender and SecureAge). So if you have one of their product that might be the problem
I plan to rewrite the software in another language so there will be less problem for users.

wrunjaye

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hi, apologies for reviving an old thread. After realizing my cart was a bootleg I was able to use this software to extract the save data. After several weeks of playing on an emulator, I was wondering how I would be able to restore the save back to the bootleg cart. Looking around it appears that nobody has ever successfully done so?

There are also some suggestions to use a hex editor because the save is stored in the rom on these carts, but others seem to say they tried and that did not work. Do you know of any way to successfully accomplish this without soldering a battery (I don't have experience soldering)? I'm also aware that I would need to then reflash the rom to the bootleg cart after the save has inserted into it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1