ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to comment and say that this is probably the most enjoyable hack/mod ever. Pokémon Volt White is my favorite Pokémon game now, simply because it has immense replayability since you can make so many different teams (I'm currently having two seperate save files going through the game), many of the changes are really cool, like Cut being grass type and Strength being rock type. Pokémon White on its own didn't have much replayability imo, when you've seen the 5th gen once it isn't that interesting anymore. Being able to go through the game with my all time favorite Pokémon like Venusaur and Nidoking is simply an amazing experience. Also, the harder difficulty is awesome, I've always loved a good challenge. This will actually force you to go out and train in the grass for once, it'll push your limits, and I love it. Heck, I even got my brother to play it, and he has sworn to himself he would never play anything after 3rd gen since he hates the 4th and 5th ones, and we're having a great time playing it together. Just wanted to say this, an astounding job you've done here, thank you so much.

Also, reading a little on recent posts, I really want to keep the double and triple battles on important trainers. Double gym battles were so much fun, while the single ones wasn't nearly as fun. The rotation battles were pretty annoying though, atleast there were so few of them, and I can easily take more of them if it means that I'll get to have more doubles and triples.
Haha, well, thanks for the compliments. Glad I got your brother to play too, I suppose, since I don't usually imagine people playing this before they play the original BW o-o; I thought it'd ruin the experience!

I see... I'm gonna have to bare that in mind somehow, I think. Oh well, I imagine I will just leave BBVW as it is and focus my efforts/your (general) feedback into BB2VW2. Rotation would be more fun if the AI had any sense, since the mindgames could be fun. Shame it tends to just rotate randomly though.

Thank you so much for making this, and especially for sharing it with the community. I love both of these, much better than the originals. I've been playing Pokemon since I was very little, and I'm a hardcore purist... the original first and second gen Pokemon are my absolute favourites; I really don't like all of these later gen Pokemon very much at all, frankly I think most of their designs don't mesh with the originals very well, and they're ugly. I like being able to collect my beloved original species

Reactions: 1 person

etan129440

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"As aforementioned, the hack allows you to catch all 649 Pokémon in some way or another. This is unaffected by the version chosen to play; encounters are the same in both."
Does this mean that we can catch all the starter Pokemon?

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
"As aforementioned, the hack allows you to catch all 649 Pokémon in some way or another. This is unaffected by the version chosen to play; encounters are the same in both."
Does this mean that we can catch all the starter Pokemon?

Yes, Indeed. You can find the pokemon location document with the patch if you download all docs.

Hello0351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Documentation (Mediafire, Documentation alone, 3.1)

I was wondering something. I cant find anything on where any of the pokemon are located, i dont know if thats a problem with the download or just because im on a mac. Can someone help?
Did you try that download from the first post? There will be a document that says wild pokemon (very last document I think).
Thank you for that. I am just to lazy to look for things but i got it. Now its time to find a larvesta, tonight is going to be a long night.....

G_Sylar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, he has already started.

Dray, are you going to update bb/vw as I started a last play through cause I got a 3ds xl and I'd like to know if I should wait.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As Sylar said, I've indeed got BB2VW2 in production already.

I don't think I'm likely to anytime soon, so no need to wait. If I do update it'll only be minor things.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for being off-topic but what program did you use to make the banner in the OP? I love the animation.

EDIT: Can't wait for Volt 2, thanks for your hard work

epsilon74

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, just wanna say thank you for making this, it's pretty amazing. Looking forward to BB2/VW2!

One thing though, the documentaion states that Glalie's 1st ability is Solid Rock, however when I evolved an Ice Body Snorunt, it got Levitate instead. Dunno if it's a problem on my end, but just letting you know.

Otherwise great stuff, keep up the good work!

Chaos Lord

Trophies
XP
Country
One thing though, the documentaion states that Glalie's 1st ability is Solid Rock, however when I evolved an Ice Body Snorunt, it got Levitate instead. Dunno if it's a problem on my end, but just letting you know.

Likely related to why my froslass had snow cloak...

Also. That exadrill.

current team.

Serperior
Victini
Gliscor
Froslass (save edited to give levitate)
Scrafty
Lanturn

I tried having scrafty bulk up to +6 but then krookadile comes in a torments me (scrafty's slow and buldzoze doen't help), giving him time to set up swords dance on a non-lethal crunch once crook gets killed.

SevilitheArcanin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just wanna say again how amazing this is. ive fixed all my lag problems and i finally beat n. now im doin some post game training. ive got arcanine, serperior, omastar, glaceon, klinklang and electivire. i was just wondering how you did this. i have a program that can change type and movesets but its for gba only. is there something like this for ds that you used, and could u get me a link for it?

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just wanna say again how amazing this is. ive fixed all my lag problems and i finally beat n. now im doin some post game training. ive got arcanine, serperior, omastar, glaceon, klinklang and electivire. i was just wondering how you did this. i have a program that can change type and movesets but its for gba only. is there something like this for ds that you used, and could u get me a link for it?
Google PokeGen. That will let you edit the movesets, but not the type of the Pokemon. Changing the type involves KazoWAR's tools, which can be found on these very forums!

gheno871

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GREAT HACK/MOD, this only thing im playing aside from DayZ. (The english BW2 translation seems to have grind ed to a halt.) Just one suggestion for your BB2 VW2, could you alter the logos? on my card i sometimes think i loaded the original BW. But yeah thanks again for this hack, the type moveset changes all make sense (though the lateness of roserade's quiver dance was dissapoint, makes sense when lilligant is BEAST, It all just, makes sense and flows nicely. I thank you for this, for someone who's been wanting to go back through BW and have a challenge, this was perfect. plus i hate how GF never 649 the games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0