ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Trevell: That's something in BW in general that confuses so many people, I know it got me when I played it in Japanese originally! If both die, you select one Pokémon, then pick one of the top two slots to move your Pokémon into, then select your second one. It's something that got carried over from triple fights, since position matters in those.

Mason: Hmm, to be honest I'm not sure how this problem happened. I got your save files and stuff and I can most definitely reproduce it since it happens instantly whenever you try to move out of Box 1. I tried opening it with PokéSav which did work once I put it back into the 512 KB .sav format, which showed a lot of screwed up stuff in your boxes, actually =s Most of Box 1 was displaying as ??????????, there was something in Box 2 that was like ?????w????? and so on and so forth. I guess something might have gotten corrupted? I tried opening with PokéGen too but that just plain refused and called it an invalid save file. IDK, I guess something got corrupted along the line. Not sure I can suggest a fix for this one. (Also, on a side note, I'd suggest changing the GBA mode setting to VGA Poppy Bright, makes the colours less faded)

Mason11987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mason: Hmm, to be honest I'm not sure how this problem happened. I got your save files and stuff and I can most definitely reproduce it since it happens instantly whenever you try to move out of Box 1. I tried opening it with PokéSav which did work once I put it back into the 512 KB .sav format, which showed a lot of screwed up stuff in your boxes, actually =s Most of Box 1 was displaying as ??????????, there was something in Box 2 that was like ?????w????? and so on and so forth. I guess something might have gotten corrupted? I tried opening with PokéGen too but that just plain refused and called it an invalid save file. IDK, I guess something got corrupted along the line. Not sure I can suggest a fix for this one. (Also, on a side note, I'd suggest changing the GBA mode setting to VGA Poppy Bright, makes the colours less faded)

Well that's unforunate, oh well. I'll keep plugging away at it to see if I can figure anything out. I also have an issue where the PC (the one in the game, not mine) will start lagging terribly after a few seconds. Is that something about this game, your hack, or just my experience of it? Does it happen when you try to access the pc with Move pkmn in my save? Thanks!

I really don't want to lose 9 hours of play time.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the lag thing is just down to system specs, it used to do that to me on my old laptop but my new PC seems to be able to handle it fine. I think it just takes more power at that point for some reason. But yeah, good luck, hope you can sort it out somehow :X

Mason11987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the lag thing is just down to system specs, it used to do that to me on my old laptop but my new PC seems to be able to handle it fine. I think it just takes more power at that point for some reason. But yeah, good luck, hope you can sort it out somehow :X

Yeah, I think it's over. It's weird because I can mess with these pokemon, but pokesav sees them all screwed up, strange.

oh well, guess this is as good a time as any to try out Blaze Black.

silentstand

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
question if i have a sneasel with Technician as its ability when i evolve it shouldnt my weavile also have Technician? because mine has pickpocket for an ability:(

Mason11987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm having issues again. I just restarted completely and just got my dex, and I want to convert it to the national dex. I have my saves set up as RAW, and 512KB. I used this convertor:

http://www.shunyweb....php?id=91314449

from the No$gba version to the first one (Raw, autodetect).

But when I try to open it with pokegen, it doesn't work, unless I check "ignore save file checksum", then it's all screwed up? Pokesav works, but the storage box is screwed up, and I can't edit pokedex with that.

What am I doing wrong here?

This is my save: http://www.mediafire...949lzps63qlc1ye

Thanks

Edit - Ended up opening it in pokesav, clearing out the screwed up entries, saving it, then opening it in pokegen to make the change, after converting it back and running it I had the national dex. Checked the PC once I got to the pkmn center and box 2 works.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it should have had Technician. Whoops :X

So problems so far:
- Cheren has Pansage on Route 3 fight when he should have Pansear.
- Weavile's abilities are the wrong way around.

I usually use the save setting that has R4 in it, although tbh that's the same error I got when I tried to load your Volt White save. I wonder if it wasn't to do with the PC? Hm.

TrevellFord

Trophies
XP
Well now that I'm playing through it, Cheren continues to have Pansage/Simisage. So it's probably every fight after getting the respective elemental monkey. I'm just passing the 4th Gym and fought him again and up to then he's still had Simisage.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, maybe I flipped them around by accident. :X I guess it's not a problem if it's consistent, at least...

edit: Although my documents certainly appear to disagree with me. I think I'm gonna have to make another update, heh. I will consider the evolution levels.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, maybe I flipped them around by accident. :X I guess it's not a problem if it's consistent, at least...

edit: Although my documents certainly appear to disagree with me. I think I'm gonna have to make another update, heh. I will consider the evolution levels.

Awesome! That will make for a very merry Christmas indeed.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely gonna have to fix that problem, then :P

Hmm, I'm surprised I hadn't already done it actually. Sure, that'll be in the next update. I'll bring in the Rugged Mountain moves too.

Can't say I particularly want to change any more types, sorry.

edit: Done update, will upload tomorrow

gigganook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I'm not sure if its just me but the game is starting to lag quite a bit and is most noticeable during battles and item selection. I'm currently playing on my 3DS using the R4 card. Is there any reason for this and if so how may I resolve the situation? Cheers in advance.

Razor1993

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Definitely gonna have to fix that problem, then :P

Hi, i Love your Patch!
it was long ago since i played Pokemon Black, now i think to play it again, But i just want to play it with your Patch!
But i have a problem, your patch just works on the Pokemon Black [E] version, but i live in Germany and i have the [G] version of Pokemon Black!
so i want to ask, can you import this patch for the Pokemon Black [G] version? or make a Language patch for the [E] Game?
cuz i cant play it in a another language cuz my english sucks :)
THX alot! Hope u can help me :)

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You're getting lag on a flashcard? That's... odd, but I don't know how to fix it. =\

Not sure if I can swap the text narc around, and if I do then some of the text won't match so I probably won't bother. You should be okay playing in English if you know attacks and that sort of thing, though?

Reactions: 1 person

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, Drayano, one crazy idea.

You're probably aware of the fact that Selfdestruct and Explosion are nerfed in gen 5. Before, these two moves halved the target's defense when used.

If for some reason you think this was a bad move from Game Freak, I suggest to give SelfDestruct and Explosion a new base power of 400 and 500 respectively.

Oh, also, merry christmas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards