ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey. Signed up to post here. I found out about your game from one of my Youtube subscriptions. Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work, and I'm enjoying the game so far. I especially like the buff you gave to Pidgeot, he's always been one of my favorites.

Also, Contrary Snivy is awesome, especially with the dumb AI giving you free Growl/Leer/Sand-attack etc boosts xD
Ah, thank you :3 Yeah, AI makes it so easy to abuse Contrary. Shame it's not as effective in competitive play, haha.

Ok so my leader pokemon is Lv 72 and I am looking for Deoxys... if I change my leader to a pokemon below level 70 then I can get Deoxys with repel?

Yup, that's right. It should eliminate all other Pokémon in the area from being encountered... I think, anyway, though I'm not sure if the rules change for doubles grass or not. IIRC the levels of the other things might be as high as 68 though, so you'll probably need a Pokémon that's Level 68 or 69 to get it to work completely. I probably should have put level ranges in the document or something :X
Ok thanks.I'll try a lv 68

gigganook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Drayano, I'm wondering if you are going to do another update for this, and if you are can you make legendary encounters within 'special' grass or ripples in the water slightly more frequent than the 1%? If its not too much to ask of course. Its just that its already hard enough to encounter a 1% pokemon let alone wait for the special grass to rustle or the water to ripple.

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey Drayano, I'm wondering if you are going to do another update for this, and if you are can you make legendary encounters within 'special' grass or ripples in the water slightly more frequent than the 1%? If its not too much to ask of course. Its just that its already hard enough to encounter a 1% pokemon let alone wait for the special grass to rustle or the water to ripple.
I think the point is to make legendaries hard to find.
If you can't wait for the special spots to appear, just use the action replay code provided with the hacks, that makes appear a special spot instantly.

Also, there's no way to change the game's language.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, they're basically 1% to keep them rare and out of the way. I don't particularly like having them in grass like that but I can't really call it a 649 hack if they're missing, y'know? And yeah, I HIGHLY recommend you use the instant special spot code, it's very, very useful.

I'm afraid I don't speak a lick of Spanish so I can't help there.

Reactions: 1 person

gigganook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah shit, I was so self absorbed to even post what I had originally come here to post before trying to find Articuno. THANKS HEAPS, Drayano. This is indeed a TRUE Pokemon game for fans. I've always accepted and even sympathized (albeit grudgingly) for different Pokemon on different versions to allow for businesses to make money and interactions with other players but I always despised the need to trade pokemon to evolve. Your game has truly made my year ending. Not only was I able to catch each pokemon but you have also improved upon alot of the pokemon that was far too weak too be a party member even though they looked cool (Pidgeot). Additionally the increase in difficulty was just a blast and what the pokemon game had always been missing since Yellow. Thank You again and hopefully the 'next' pokemon game will learn from your achievements.

PS: It was annoying having to catch 5 different Celebi's to get Natural Cure instead of Magic Guard :P

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why do I only get Audino when searching for Deoxys with a lv 69 as my lead?
That might be because you're not looking at the right place...?

Deoxys is outside the Giant Chasm, but not in shaking spots. It's in the double grass.

Alright, so I made some experiments, about what happens when a regular White version interacts with a Volt White version. This might interest you.

Battles : It's totally possible to battle. The edits are client side, which means a Serperior will be Grass type in White, and Grass/Dragon type in Volt White. Same thing for moves : Cut is normal type in White, and grass type in Volt White. Which means that if something happens in the battle, that doesn't have the same effect on both games (like, let's say Serperior takes a Dragonbreath in the face), one of the two games will crash.
So, it's possible to battle, but ONLY with Pokémon who don't have a new typing, and untouched moves. I don't recommend it though, because with the moves, abilities and stats in BB/VW, it's not fair to battle someone with B/W. BB/VW battles should be fine however.

Trades : They work perfectly. If you trade the Serperior from your VW to your White version, it'll lose its Grass/Dragon typing, but the ability stays the same. If the stats are edited, they'll stay the same through the trade (tried that with a Vanilluxe), but if you put that Pokémon into your PC, it'll have normal stats.
To put it simple, when you trade a Pokémon, if the typing is different then it'll be corrected, but the ability and stats stay the same. The stats are recalculated if you put your Pokémon into the PC. And, obviously, these Pokémon are hacked.

ZSlow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Current Team (I'm almost on the 8th gym):

Lucario lv72
Carracosta Lv69
Golem Lv70
Sableye Lv68
Blaziken Lv73
Luxray lv70

Read the spoiler, it's Offtopic.
Offtopic: Guys, have you heard about Kangaskhan being Cubone's Mother (Marowak's Evolution), but before Pokemon Blue came out they erased this, putting that data on a blank space, giving birth to missingno? Don't tell me it's not possible just because Kangaskhan is Normal type and Marowak is Ground type, because that could've been changed. (By the way, look at kangaskhan's and marowak's sprites on pokemon blue, they look a lot like each other.)

TrevellFord

Trophies
XP
So... maybe not that big of an issue, but I notice the battle with Cheren after the first gym, he has a Pansage while I picked Tepig... shouldn't he have a Pansear?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
...Yes, yes he should. I'm surprised nobody else ever caught that :x

Oh and thanks for researching Norton, the battling's a bit different to what I thought it was gonna be actually so that's quite interesting.

And for the curious, I've begun doing videos on YouTube of BBVW V3 and I intend to actually finish it this time around.

akumajin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the files, however OS X does not use .bat files, so I cannot patch the game. Can anyone help me out with this issue? I really would like to play this.

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the files, however OS X does not use .bat files, so I cannot patch the game. Can anyone help me out with this issue? I really would like to play this.

Go to this website http://projects.sappharad.com/tools/multipatch.html and download the program. You can then use it to patch the game. With this one program, you can apply IPS, UPS, PPF, XDelta or BSDiff patches to files.

akumajin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Go to this website http://projects.sapp...multipatch.html and download the program. You can then use it to patch the game. With this one program, you can apply IPS, UPS, PPF, XDelta or BSDiff patches to files.
Great this worked, thank you.

Another question I'm sure was answered but this topic is far too large. Can I battle people using the original cart version of black/white?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do I only get Audino when searching for Deoxys with a lv 69 as my lead?
That might be because you're not looking at the right place...?

Deoxys is outside the Giant Chasm, but not in shaking spots. It's in the double grass.

Alright, so I made some experiments, about what happens when a regular White version interacts with a Volt White version. This might interest you.

Battles : It's totally possible to battle. The edits are client side, which means a Serperior will be Grass type in White, and Grass/Dragon type in Volt White. Same thing for moves : Cut is normal type in White, and grass type in Volt White. Which means that if something happens in the battle, that doesn't have the same effect on both games (like, let's say Serperior takes a Dragonbreath in the face), one of the two games will crash.
So, it's possible to battle, but ONLY with Pokémon who don't have a new typing, and untouched moves. I don't recommend it though, because with the moves, abilities and stats in BB/VW, it's not fair to battle someone with B/W. BB/VW battles should be fine however.

Trades : They work perfectly. If you trade the Serperior from your VW to your White version, it'll lose its Grass/Dragon typing, but the ability stays the same. If the stats are edited, they'll stay the same through the trade (tried that with a Vanilluxe), but if you put that Pokémon into your PC, it'll have normal stats.
To put it simple, when you trade a Pokémon, if the typing is different then it'll be corrected, but the ability and stats stay the same. The stats are recalculated if you put your Pokémon into the PC. And, obviously, these Pokémon are hacked.

It's on the same page, akumajin =p

Basically it's fine until you introduce something that I've changed that's hardcoded into the data like types, when that becomes a variable it crashes

TrevellFord

Trophies
XP
Next question. It may have been addressed already, I dunno, but anyone else have an issue with the double battles if both of your pokemon are fainted in the same turn? It seems to lock you in the select screen and you can't do anything afterwards.

Mason11987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey

Great Hack, it's been a lot of fun to play with. Unforuntately, with my capture of totodile I had my first reason to flip to the second box on the PC and it immediately crashed with the "An Error has occured" message.

I got to this point on no$gba using the codes you supply in the docs, but after using a save convertor I was able to load up my save in desume and the exact same things happens there too.

Any solution to this? I'd love to play this hack but if I can't access my second box it's kind of pointless. Google has been useless for this as well. If necessary or useful I PM'd you a link to my entire no$gba folder (minus the PokemonVoltWhiteFull.nds) with a save in front of the PC so you can reproduce it.

Thanks!

Another option would be if I could find I way to open the save in pokegen, I'd even use that to manage my PC boxes if necessary. That's not really a huge deal if it comes to that. How can I go from no$gba saves to something that pokegen can open, the convertor I found online doesn't seem to accomplish it (or I'm not sure what to select)

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
Next question. It may have been addressed already, I dunno, but anyone else have an issue with the double battles if both of your pokemon are fainted in the same turn? It seems to lock you in the select screen and you can't do anything afterwards.
Yeah, Gamefreak really dropped the ball with that. What you need to do is select the pokemon you want to send out, then select the first or second pokemon in your party, depending on where you want to send it out.

I don't know why they did that. The positions don't make a difference in a double battle. It's triple battles where they make a difference. :huh:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle