ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

MrHallmark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I got a question, how are you supposed to get legendaries like Mew? It is supposedly in double grass in lostlorn forrest BUT that is on top of that hill, so how do I get to it? Also Zapdos I tried for 3 hours to find him , never showed up so if anyone knows how to get them let me know. Only legendary encounter I've had is Jiarachi. Great game nonetheless

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Evolution levels haven't been edited, and Rhyperior does not need a stat boost, seriously =P You'd probably have to change its type or something to improve it.

XD3 means you're not using a compatible ROM. It's probably either patched already or from the wrong region or something.

You use Waterfall to get up to the grass there. Zapdos IS there, it's just incredibly rare, as with all the legendaries to make them as close to one time encounters as I can. Just keep looking. You can try using Repels with a Pokémon that's Level 46-49 or so so that only Zapdos can appear, but that won't boost the actual chance of encountering it, it'll just eliminate all the other possibilities from happening.

gigganook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I don't know if you're having the same problem but I've seen to find it EXTREMELY difficult to encounter Articuno. According to the guide there is a 1% chance of encounter within the tall grass on the hill just north of Icirrus City (pretty much where the location alerts that you've entered Dragon Spiral Tower). I've also noticed that there is a 20% chance of encountering 5 different pokemon other than Articuno within those grasses so I'm wondering could there have been an editing error. Please reply soon I've been searching for days and so frustrated. Thank you.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evolution levels haven't been edited, and Rhyperior does not need a stat boost, seriously =P You'd probably have to change its type or something to improve it.

XD3 means you're not using a compatible ROM. It's probably either patched already or from the wrong region or something.

You use Waterfall to get up to the grass there. Zapdos IS there, it's just incredibly rare, as with all the legendaries to make them as close to one time encounters as I can. Just keep looking. You can try using Repels with a Pokémon that's Level 46-49 or so so that only Zapdos can appear, but that won't boost the actual chance of encountering it, it'll just eliminate all the other possibilities from happening.

Well it still would be nice to have evolution levels edited or at least stat boosts for Scraggy, Rufflet, Pawniard, and Vullaby.

AkiroWolfman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys for some reason I cannot get the action replay codes to work on the Acekard 2i cheat section. Can anyone light the way for me on what I might be doing wrong. I have entered them continously and still it does not work. Any help would be appreciated,.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am pretty sure Arti is there; it isn't actually an editing error, I just left it like that in the document to be more 'mysterious'; one of the Pokémon is actually 1% less than stated. However, are you definitely looking in Winter? If you are then it's just tough luck =s

I agree about the evo levels to a degree, but they're one of those things that I really don't like changing for some reason. Still, it'd be reasonable too... I dunno, it's a hard choice tbh.

No idea about the AR codes.

gigganook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am pretty sure Arti is there; it isn't actually an editing error, I just left it like that in the document to be more 'mysterious'; one of the Pokémon is actually 1% less than stated. However, are you definitely looking in Winter? If you are then it's just tough luck =s

I agree about the evo levels to a degree, but they're one of those things that I really don't like changing for some reason. Still, it'd be reasonable too... I dunno, it's a hard choice tbh.

Yeah it is in the winter... :s this is taking so damn long. I'm wondering in your next update if its not too much to ask to slightly increase the chance of these legendary encounters because currently, the chances are just too slim. I've not had trouble with the other legendaries so far; just Articuno...

Well its been hours since and absolutely no Articuno. Do you know where I can edit this to make a slightly higher encounter rate. I'm using an R4DS card btw. Thank you very much

Am I missing out on something as in are there certain events I must complete first before encountering it IE. finish off Gym battle or finish off Dragon Spiral Tower events?

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Yeah it is in the winter... :s this is taking so damn long. I'm wondering in your next update if its not too much to ask to slightly increase the chance of these legendary encounters because currently, the chances are just too slim. I've not had trouble with the other legendaries so far; just Articuno...

Well its been hours since and absolutely no Articuno. Do you know where I can edit this to make a slightly higher encounter rate. I'm using an R4DS card btw. Thank you very much

Am I missing out on something as in are there certain events I must complete first before encountering it IE. finish off Gym battle or finish off Dragon Spiral Tower events?
I know it's a stupid question, but are you searching it in dark grass (with double battles) ? This is where Articuno is.
There's no need to do something special as long as you can go to that dark grass. I can't remember the levels of the Pokémon encountered here, but if they're under level 50, you should use a level 49 Pokémon and use some repels.

gigganook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I know it's a stupid question, but are you searching it in dark grass (with double battles) ? This is where Articuno is.
There's no need to do something special as long as you can go to that dark grass. I can't remember the levels of the Pokémon encountered here, but if they're under level 50, you should use a level 49 Pokémon and use some repels.

Yeah I am, There's two sets of grass adjacent to each other but on different plain heights. The double grass is on the top where as the normal grass is on the bottom. Most Pokemon are at least level 50 there. It ranges from 48-54. Still no luck, how long did it take you?

gigganook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am pretty sure Arti is there; it isn't actually an editing error, I just left it like that in the document to be more 'mysterious'; one of the Pokémon is actually 1% less than stated. However, are you definitely looking in Winter? If you are then it's just tough luck =s I agree about the evo levels to a degree, but they're one of those things that I really don't like changing for some reason. Still, it'd be reasonable too... I dunno, it's a hard choice tbh. No idea about the AR codes.
Yeah it is in the winter... :s this is taking so damn long. I'm wondering in your next update if its not too much to ask to slightly increase the chance of these legendary encounters because currently, the chances are just too slim. I've not had trouble with the other legendaries so far; just Articuno... Well its been hours since and absolutely no Articuno. Do you know where I can edit this to make a slightly higher encounter rate. I'm using an R4DS card btw. Thank you very much Am I missing out on something as in are there certain events I must complete first before encountering it IE. finish off Gym battle or finish off Dragon Spiral Tower events?
I know it's a stupid question, but are you searching it in dark grass (with double battles) ? This is where Articuno is. There's no need to do something special as long as you can go to that dark grass. I can't remember the levels of the Pokémon encountered here, but if they're under level 50, you should use a level 49 Pokémon and use some repels.
Yeah I am, There's two sets of grass adjacent to each other but on different plain heights. The double grass is on the top where as the normal grass is on the bottom. Most Pokemon are at least level 50 there. It ranges from 48-54. Still no luck, how long did it take you?

Hey guys it appears that I was searching in the wrong patch of Double Grass. It is now apparent to me that you need to surf east from the bridge that enters into dragon spiral tower to find the 'correct' patch. This additionally means that you need to also beat the 7th Gym before you can access that patch of grass.

gigganook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Drayano, if I were to use max repel whilst searching for legendary pokemon that can only be encountered via 'shaking' grass, would that prevent me from finding said pokemon assuming that my leader pokemon is at a higher level.

d_blan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. Signed up to post here. I found out about your game from one of my Youtube subscriptions. Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work, and I'm enjoying the game so far. I especially like the buff you gave to Pidgeot, he's always been one of my favorites.

Also, Contrary Snivy is awesome, especially with the dumb AI giving you free Growl/Leer/Sand-attack etc boosts xD

gigganook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait so my Pokemon have to be a lower level than 50 to find legendaries?

Please explain this to me, I want a Deoxys and Latios

Nope, the level of leader pokemon whether higher or lower is irrelevant for shaking grass. Repel WILL NOT apply for encounters that are labelled as 'special' such as shaking grass, water holes when surfing or fishing.

So to be more specific to your answer, YES repel will affect your encounter of Latios if your Leader pokemon is 60 or greater and 70 or greater for Deoxys.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey. Signed up to post here. I found out about your game from one of my Youtube subscriptions. Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work, and I'm enjoying the game so far. I especially like the buff you gave to Pidgeot, he's always been one of my favorites.

Also, Contrary Snivy is awesome, especially with the dumb AI giving you free Growl/Leer/Sand-attack etc boosts xD
Ah, thank you :3 Yeah, AI makes it so easy to abuse Contrary. Shame it's not as effective in competitive play, haha.

Ok so my leader pokemon is Lv 72 and I am looking for Deoxys... if I change my leader to a pokemon below level 70 then I can get Deoxys with repel?

Yup, that's right. It should eliminate all other Pokémon in the area from being encountered... I think, anyway, though I'm not sure if the rules change for doubles grass or not. IIRC the levels of the other things might be as high as 68 though, so you'll probably need a Pokémon that's Level 68 or 69 to get it to work completely. I probably should have put level ranges in the document or something :X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle