ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Vahnyyz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anyone else feel like a dog with a bone just outside the cage? lol this is so exciting i'm almost drooling
happy.gif
this will be the ultimate BW hack, hands down!

Pokefun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played this and it's amazing
smile.gif
Just a thought, you could put new sprites in for gym leaders or rivals etc ,It'd help change the game around a little. But apart from that, well done for making such an awosome hack ;D

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well one of the main points with this hack is to keep it as close to the original as possible in those regards; I'd recommend Pitch Black/Pure White or Light Black if you wanna see sprite changes and the like. Thanks for the compliment though.

Vahnyyz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Drayano, I'm not sure if someone has asked you recently, since I haven't really read back very far, but I wanted to ask you..

I know that you've got your own games you've been wanting to play, and that you have actually played them (kudos btw), but if you had to like quantify the amount of fun you've had doing this for all of us, I'm just curious if you wouldn't mind letting us know..

I hope its like 80% fun, cause we're all getting 109123098% fun out of this.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, let me put it this way; if I didn't have fun, why would I even bother doing it? I love adding my own twists to the Pokémon series, with all the different variety you can put in and the combinations you can achieve, making things a better experience through pure and utter choice.

...Doesn't that sound vaguely philosophical? Well, the bottom line is; yes, I had plenty of fun doing it. The initial creation and watching it take off is definitely the funnest, though.

megagodx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reviewing some stuff and I thought these would be fair and feasible changes to add to the game play:

- Increase Flame Wheel's Base Power to 80.
  • Early-game Pokemon like Growlithe don't get any good physical Fire-moves all the way until Flare Blitz, despite having Attack as its highest offensive stat.
- Horn Leech being learned by Heracross, Pinsir, Forretress (family), Scolipede (family), Ferrothorn (family) and Shiftry (family)
  • This is a pretty decent move, it should be more accessible, the Pokemon above seem to fit the proper criteria for utilizing it in my opinion.
- Redistribute Emboar's Base Stats. 95 Defense, 85 Special Defense and make its Special Attack 70 and Speed 45.
  • Emboar is slow and frail, that's a bad combo. Based on his concept. He should be something that's slow, but durable and powerful.
- Increase Hydro Pump's Accuracy to 85%.
  • There's no reason why a move that has no secondary effect should be below that amount. Fire Blast can induce burn, it's 85%, so are multiple variations of Hydro Pump.
- Increase Power Gem's Base Power to 95, reduce PP to 15.
  • It's the only Special Rock-move, bar Ancientpower. Since there's not a lot of diversity, I don't see what's wrong with beefing this one up a bit.
- Power Gem being learned by Omastar (family)
  • You probably already saw something like this coming...
- Increase Steel Wing's Base Power to 90, increase Accuracy to 95%.
  • I always liked this move, but it was pretty underpowered if you asked me.
- Increase Iron Tail's Accuracy to 90%
  • Another good move that's hampered unnecessarily I think.

I still think Pikachu (as it is the franchise's mascot) should get a base stat retooling, it's too mediocre to even use its signature hold item. If that were the case, Raichu would also need to be updated.

Edit: Are you capable of giving Pokemon abilities they wouldn't normally have?
Edit 2: Added more suggestions to the list.

Sonicmfc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
megagodx said:
I was reviewing some stuff and I thought these would be fair and feasible changes to add to the game play:

• Early-game Pokemon like Growlithe don't get any good physical Fire-moves all the way until Flare Blitz, despite having Attack as its highest offensive stat.
- Horn Leech being learned by Heracross, Pinsir, Forretress (family), Scolipede (family), Ferrothorn (family) and Shiftry (family)
  • This is a pretty decent move, it should be more accessible, the Pokemon above seem to fit the proper criteria for utilizing it in my opinion.
- Redistribute Emboar's Base Stats. 95 Defense, 85 Special Defense and make its Special Attack 70 and Speed 45.
  • Emboar is slow and frail, that's a bad combo. Based on his concept. He should be something that's slow, but durable and powerful.
  • There's no reason why a move that has no secondary effect should be below that amount. Fire Blast can induce burn, it's 85%, so are multiple variations of Hydro Pump.
- Increase Power Gem's Base Power to 95, reduce PP to 15
  • It's the only Special Rock-move, bar Ancientpower. Since there's not a lot of diversity, I don't see what's wrong with beefing this one up a bit.
I still think Pikachu (as it is the franchise's mascot) should get a base stat retooling, it's too mediocre to even use its signature hold item. If that were the case, Raichu would also need to be updated.

I agree, them things sould be changed for sure. Espicially for the Emboar one and the Hydro pump one...

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
flygon12345 said:
@Drayano

can you add mirror b in this game with his music and style and his cool team.....

it will be fun as he is the best character in all pokemon games till now
It's not really possible I'm afraid, would need a good sprite (and I can't sprite for my life, so someone else would have to do it), don't have a clue how to insert (or make) music either. I'm more for just editing things already in.

QUOTE(megagodx @ Jul 23 2011, 05:23 PM) I was reviewing some stuff and I thought these would be fair and feasible changes to add to the game play:

- Increase Power Gem's Base Power to 95, reduce PP to 15.
- Increase Steel Wing's Base Power to 90, increase Accuracy to 95%.
  • I always liked this move, but it was pretty underpowered if you asked me.
- Increase Iron Tail's Accuracy to 90%
  • Another good move that's hampered unnecessarily I think.

Edit 2: Added more suggestions to the list.

This is the finest lot of suggestions I've seen in a while :3

- 80 might be a bit strong, but 70-75 power would do great for Flame Wheel I reckon. I'm intending for Flareon to learn it as part of its moveset too, so it'll help with the earlier bits of the game. Good idea.

- Yeah, was already gonna give Horn Leech to some others, although I didn't actually think of a lot of those (was just giving it to Stantler). One thing - Ferrothorn's thorns probably don't really constitute as horns enough, and I'm not sure where Pineco/Forretress/Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry are coming from o_o; Closest thing that looks like a horn is Shiftry's nose. Heracross, Pinsir and Scolipede sounds good though.

- Yeah, Emboar will definitely have redistributed stats. It'll be taking the Fire/Ground typing too, so hopefully the stats can be worked around that. I do worry about the weaknesses denting its defenses, but considering it's a Fire-type there isn't much that can be done about that.

- Might increase Hydro Pump acc, it isn't essential since you're likely to be using Surf anyway but I'll consider it. It DOES make logical sense, although by your argument it half sounds like Fire Blast should have reduced accuarcy due to the burn side effect. :x

- Increasing Power Gem sounds great to me. Special Rock attacks are really lacking. I would power up AncientPower, but the all stat increase makes me a bit hesitant for that.

- I would say Omastar doesn't have a gem, but neither does Probopass, so fair play.

- Yeah, improving Steel Wing a bit seems fine to me.

- Pika will be a bit hard to balance (esp. with Raichu waiting in the wings). It probably needs a Speed boost if anything, seeing as Light Ball will double the other stats. I'll see what I can do.

megagodx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
- Yeah, was already gonna give Horn Leech to some others, although I didn't actually think of a lot of those (was just giving it to Stantler). One thing - Ferrothorn's thorns probably don't really constitute as horns enough, and I'm not sure where Pineco/Forretress/Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry are coming from o_o; Closest thing that looks like a horn is Shiftry's nose. Heracross, Pinsir and Scolipede sounds good though.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/uplo...5Forretress.png
I guess how vaguely you interpret it, Forretress' appendages can either be seen as horns or spikes. I thought it was ambiguous looking enough. It wouldn't be the first time Pokemon were officially given questionable learn sets. If you look at the picture too, the appendages have openings in them, it almost looks as if they could siphon something.

Yeah, Shiftry's nose looks like a horn, mainly the reason I thought it would make a good candidate. Plus it would also receive a STAB boost, which is nice for the some-what underwhelming tree. Plus in the world of Pokemon, they have all sorts of capabilities and special powers. Maybe that nose could be used to impale something and sap the life force from the target. I guess it all depends on how you use your imagination to make it believable or not.

Ferrothorn was probably my biggest wild card. I just saw the little pointy things on its head and the big in the center of its body and thought maybe it could ram into something. I'll agree with you on Ferrothorn for sure.

Fantasyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nuzlocke update for Drayano, since I haven't done one in a while!

I'm all the way to the Celestial Tower now. Elesa gave me a run for my money, what with some of her pokemon knowing focus blast(?). She nearly took lives off my poor Aggron, Beryl. If I didn't have my Swampert, Hammer, I think I would have lost to her, and lost several pokemon in the process. As for Clay, he was a bit of a joke for me since my team was overleveled and I had several pokemon with type advantages over him, namely Hammer, Excalibur the Serperior, and Tamwyn the Primape. I went through Chargestone cave without too much hassle, although N nearly got me. But... In the Celestial Tower... A trainer with a Banette killed one of my pokemon. My poor Joey the Raticate, who I had from the very beginning of the game, was killed by Sucker Punch. R.I.P Joey the Raticate; he was a Raticate in the top percentage of Raticates. ;_; Now I have a Lampent name Requiem in training as his replacement.

Sorry for the huge wall of text!

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's barely a huge wall of text =p

Okay, I finished the initial run of giving nearly every Pokémon in the game additional level up moves, and as far as I can tell, it's a success! I inserted the new .narc into the game and it all appears to be working fine. Wild Pokémon have their moves etc.

Now to add in some additionals I forgot. Then I can get started on the rest. V3 is probably going to be the last one until scripting appears, but hopefully it should be a good one.

---

megagod: Hmm, Forretress is a weird one indeed. I'm not really sure what to count the things as :x Shiftry having Wood Horn is an interesting idea to be fair, so I may go ahead and give it to it.

Fantasy: That's quite a distance you've covered =o Poor Raticate ;-;

bobwuzhere1224

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pinney said:
Im not able to find genesect near the lab and mespirit or keldeo near the dragon spiral tower ! help !!

Idk where you're getting this information from but Genesect, Mesprit and Keldeo are all inside the Challenger's Cave after you beat the E4.

pinney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Whoa ok ! thanks for that ! When i downloaded the patch... there were very helpful word documents that told me where i would find which pokemon ... and i thought you all knew ! :/
Thanks though
smile.gif

Posts merged

What about uxie and azelf ??

bobwuzhere1224

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pinney said:
Whoa ok ! thanks for that ! When i downloaded the patch... there were very helpful word documents that told me where i would find which pokemon ... and i thought you all knew ! :/
Thanks though
smile.gif

Posts merged

What about uxie and azelf ??

Aside from regular non event legendaries native to Unova, every legendary is in that cave. If you found those documents easily IDK why you didnt CTRL + F there first off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol