tlyee61 said:
tlyee61 said:
Drayano said:
I only found it recently it doesn't and I forgot again o_o;

Sure, I can do that.
Yay, I feel appreciated
yaynds.gif

Suggestions:
since Emboar seems like the worst starter right now (only because of Shell Smash Samurott) could u maybe give it close combat and fire punch bcause of its dex entry? It already has Fire Punch IIRC. I'm sorting Emboar out, he'll be better next update... I think.
Ferrothorn line getting Rapid Spin Yeah, meant to do this last time but it slipped my mind.
Druggidon getting Head Smash That's actually not a bad idea
Serperior and Samurott getting EQ Samurott is a big maybe, Serperior definitely not, even if Arbok/Seviper can
Emboar getting Superpower by level-up (last move) Probable
Tympole, Paplitoad + 3rd evo(cant remember name) getting Ice Beam Could probably do it
Ho-Oh and Reshiram getting Heat Wave (they have wings+fire type) Heat Wave is redundant when you consider Sacred Fire and Fusion Flare

MoFo Teriyaki said:
I figured out the problem (well, figured out, haven't fixed) The pause only happens before special actions/cutscenes, such as picking up an item (when you hold it above your head), when giving your pokemon to the Nurse, and when using HMs (holding the pokeball in the air and the rest)
First time I've heard of a problem like that happening o_o; Well as long as it's not too big a deal.

bobwuzhere1224 said:
Man Winning Battles in this game is so much more satisfying. Just Defeated Burgh on my first try and I will say it wasn't easy at all. The thing that caused me the most trouble was Vespiquen. If you replace her and leave the others the same, Burgh will be better Balanced IMO.
My team on completion was.

Level 31 Ampharos
Level 31 Rampardos
Level 29 Dewott
Level 31 Arcanine
Level 27 Aron
Level 28 Hitmonchan

Defeating the Other 5 was challenging but doable but that Vespiquen took me for a ride. BTW Smackdown does wonders.

Burgh's getting his levels lowered slightly next time due to something about him I've changed, but I was gonna keep his Pokemon the same (albeit reducing the severity of some of the moves). In fact, I'm kind of surprised you found Vespiquen hard. It's usually Masquerain people have trouble with!

QUOTE(spasticbuddha @ Jun 22 2011, 07:02 PM) Hey, I have a (kind of stupid) question about version 2.0.5 In the hack documentation, in the section that lists changes to pokemons' stats and movesets, are the changes listed changes from the original black and white, or are they changes from the earlier versions of the hack. Like, one thing i noticed was that Klinklang can now learn earthquake, which it couldn't in B/W, but it wasn't listed in its change section. So does that mean that Klinklang could learn it as of earlier versions of the hack and thus wasn't included in the changes page, or was it just accidentally left out?

More on topic, I'm a definite supporter of buffing the pidgey line in any way you can. I know you boosted its defenses, but it still doesn't really make a difference in its usefulness. An offense boost would be really helpful, and maybe add a move or two of different types besides normal and flying to add a bit of diversity... My main suggestion would be to give pidgeot its own niche to make it stand out amongst the more popular "glass cannon" flying types. Like, how staraptor is a fast physical attacker and chatot is a fast special attacker, while swanna is a mixed attacker; you could have pidgeot be the "balanced" bird, giving it pretty good stats in everyt catagory (around 90ish) except special attack, kind of like what gamefreak did with stoutland. That way, pidgeot could be useful in any situation, being able to dish out above average damage while being able to take a few hits as well (unlike the rest of the birds).

One other niche I could see pidgeot filling is that of a defensive staller/annoyer, although Mandibuzz already fills this role. Like, don't boost its attack stats, and instead give it defense and hp boosts. Then completely overhaul its moveset with fewer attacks and more moves like charm and double team/toxic. maybe even mean look/perish song if you really want it to be effective. Thunder wave would be nice too, but obviously it would make no real sense...

Just a few thoughts, sorry about the rambling.
I think I accidentally erased that >>; yeah, it's from an earlier update and I didn't intend to remove it, must have accidentally slipped out of the document. I'll put it back in.

Yeah, I'll definitely be improving Pidgeot. I wasn't the one who handled the first 251 Pokemon to begin with, but I'm gonna go over everything and reconsider their changes and such so you should see some more improvements. I will probably make it defensive, although I need to make sure I don't do a Mandibuzz and make it unable to attack at all...

QUOTE(MoFo Teriyaki @ Jun 22 2011, 11:03 PM)
One addition (I don't know if it's possible or not) is being able to forget Hms :0

Not possible I'm afraid, I don't even know where the hell that data would be rooted.

QUOTE(bobwuzhere1224 @ Jun 23 2011, 11:07 PM)
This 1% Larvesta Spawn is killing me x.x

Sorry =p

With the new BW hacks popping out now, looks like I have some competition! My hack's almost been forced off the front page for the first time since I posted the topic, haha. Guess I'll have to rise above.

My exams are over with now, so I should be able to get back to hacking soon enough. Although a little treat I got for myself might keep me occupied a bit...

bobwuzhere1224

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I brought in Ampharos against Masquerain and mange to get a thunderwave off without getting killed and then Thunder Punched it down. My issue with Vespiquen is I threw out Aron against it heal up and Burgh spammed Defend Order and it took the combined effort of Rampardos, Ampharos and Arcanine, to bring her down, but man did it feel good I got it done.

Oh and after 200+ encounters I got a Male Larvesta finally.

MoFo Teriyaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Drayano, I'm wondering, do you have a forum specifically for this game? Y'know, to discuss it and whatnot? If you don't, I think it'd be a good idea.

spasticbuddha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One other thing I should mention...It's probably been stated here before, but just in case it hasn't you should know that the bike is....well, broken honestly. First, you cannot run into wild pokemon while riding on the bike. At all. Second, and more importantly, if you enter a town or route while riding the bike, any story important events will not trigger. Like, say you enter route 3, I believe it is, riding the bike, and you go to the doubles grass where Cheren is supposed to pull you aside and explain what doubles grass is, he'll just stand there and wont say anything even if you try to talk to him.

Oh, and also, I remember reading way back about how the games were supposed to be split into normal, clean and legendary editions, but when I installed the newest version of the hack, there was just one patch for each version. Naturally, I assumed that you had just consolidated the normal and legendary versions into one, but when i looked at the wild pokemon list, I noticed that you can only catch non Unovah legends in challenger's cave. Does this mean you scrapped the whole "1% shaky grass encounter rate on certain routes" approach to legendaries? And if so, is that going to be the case for 3.0 as well? (I dont really give a damn either way; I never use legends in game, only catch them for catching's sake)

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
bobwuzhere1224 said:
Well I brought in Ampharos against Masquerain and mange to get a thunderwave off without getting killed and then Thunder Punched it down. My issue with Vespiquen is I threw out Aron against it heal up and Burgh spammed Defend Order and it took the combined effort of Rampardos, Ampharos and Arcanine, to bring her down, but man did it feel good I got it done.

Oh and after 200+ encounters I got a Male Larvesta finally.
Ah yes, the AI does like spamming Defend Order to unbelievable levels x-x, I guess you just have to take it down quickly or something. Though it's good to hear the AI actuallly putting a fight up.

MoFo Teriyaki said:
Hey Drayano, I'm wondering, do you have a forum specifically for this game? Y'know, to discuss it and whatnot? If you don't, I think it'd be a good idea.
Nope, I never even considered the idea seeing as one topic is pretty much enough for it :?

QUOTE(spasticbuddha @ Jun 26 2011, 12:59 AM)
One other thing I should mention...It's probably been stated here before, but just in case it hasn't you should know that the bike is....well, broken honestly. First, you cannot run into wild pokemon while riding on the bike. At all. Second, and more importantly, if you enter a town or route while riding the bike, any story important events will not trigger. Like, say you enter route 3, I believe it is, riding the bike, and you go to the doubles grass where Cheren is supposed to pull you aside and explain what doubles grass is, he'll just stand there and wont say anything even if you try to talk to him.

Oh, and also, I remember reading way back about how the games were supposed to be split into normal, clean and legendary editions, but when I installed the newest version of the hack, there was just one patch for each version. Naturally, I assumed that you had just consolidated the normal and legendary versions into one, but when i looked at the wild pokemon list, I noticed that you can only catch non Unovah legends in challenger's cave. Does this mean you scrapped the whole "1% shaky grass encounter rate on certain routes" approach to legendaries? And if so, is that going to be the case for 3.0 as well? (I dont really give a damn either way; I never use legends in game, only catch them for catching's sake)
So, this happens even at regular speed, too? That'll be why I never caught on; I've been using the double movement code every time I've played this for ages. I'm gonna reverse the bike thing in 3.0, someone on PC already alerted me to the fact you can just go through the gatehouses without triggering events but I wasn't aware the rest happened too. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, the Normal version was basically trashed and the Legendary version made the main one with the legends in the cave. So yeah, I threw the legendaries thing out altogether. It's kind of hard to find room with like 40+ legendaries around for the grass that isn't before the League stuff e_e It's unlikely I'll change it unless there's a pressing demand for it to be done

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, in all honesty it isn't that drastic a change. I'm just changing up the battles a bit, adding more level up moves etcetera. Won't be as big of a jump as 1.x -> 2.x.

spasticbuddha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I do use the double movement code since Desmume is slow as hell, but I just tested it again without the code on. I don't have any events to trigger so I couldn't test that, but you still can't encounter pokemon at the very least with or without the code.

hyogman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a question... In the beginning, I receive the bike from my mother instead the Xtransceiver, as stated in the "Item & Trade Changes.txt" included in the hack documentation. The question is: where can I get the Xtransceiver? I looked in the documentation, but it says nothing about it. Thanks in advance.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hyogman said:
I have a question... In the beginning, I receive the bike from my mother instead the Xtransceiver, as stated in the "Item & Trade Changes.txt" included in the hack documentation. The question is: where can I get the Xtransceiver? I looked in the documentation, but it says nothing about it. Thanks in advance.
You can't; I just took it out of the game altogether since it's pointless. The Xtransceiver calls you receive from your rivals/Juniper still work perfectly, so it was basically a free item slot to use.

I've never had the wild problem either. I'll have to do more investigation I suppose.

bobwuzhere1224

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Drayano said:
hyogman said:
You can't; I just took it out of the game altogether since it's pointless. The Xtransceiver calls you receive from your rivals/Juniper still work perfectly, so it was basically a free item slot to use.

I've never had the wild problem either. I'll have to do more investigation I suppose.

I like that you did this, having the bike earlier actually helps alot early on.

Zekrom_cool

I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
There used to be a person in the Castellia city docks who used to give a leaf/fire/water stone to evolve our Pansear/Pansage?Panpour. But in the hack that man is missing so I am not getting a leaf stone to evolve my Pansear. Can anyone tell me where can i get a leaf stone??????

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Pythonidae said:
spasticbuddha said:
Pythonidae said:
About the bike thing.

I can encounter wild pokemon while on the bike and events trigger without a problem as well.

What emulator do you use?

Don't use one, I play on my SCDS2.

emulator is useful for debuging , so why "don't use one?" since is usefull in testing and checking ...

conannkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drayano, is it possible for you to make Unown appears in all forms in the Pot Room in the Relic Castle? I've encountered 30+ already and they're all Form A.

Also, I recently start surfing on the water outside Dragonspiral Tower and encountered a Quilava. Not sure if that's supposed to happen.

Edit: I'm very much enjoyed the themed team and how you make references to Steven and Gary's team with some of the Black City Trainers. Is there a list of all the references you made? And is it possible that you could make more?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I think back then it was the same as nowadays