XP
Country
United States
andibad said:
Pythonidae said:
spasticbuddha said:
Pythonidae said:
About the bike thing.

I can encounter wild pokemon while on the bike and events trigger without a problem as well.

What emulator do you use?

Don't use one, I play on my SCDS2.

emulator is useful for debuging , so why "don't use one?" since is usefull in testing and checking ...
He wasn't saying "Don't use one" he was saying "I don't use one". As in casual speech.

Holified 2x

Trophies
Website
tezzytuffstufffind.squarespace.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm at Pinewell forest were u can catch Charmader 5% chance been here for 2 todays searching still cant find him can u give me specific grass spot were the best chance of catching him getting discouraged
frown.gif

bobwuzhere1224

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, just to further clarify, when exiting Lenora's town to the west. It's the normal shaking grass you run into right before the Forest Entrance. Just keep at it because if I can find a Larvesta with a 1% chance, you will find it as well.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to say, I love reading threads on places like /vp/ talking about the hack and stuff. Makes me happy, hoho.

That aside...
---
Connankid - Regrettably, no, but it's mostly because I don't know how. I probably would otherwise, and if it is actually quite easy then I'll probably do it.

That Quilava is definitely not meant to happen o_o; Thanks for the tip.

Doubt I'll make a list, I can't even remember half of the references I put in. There's the Kanto E4, Blue, Steven... Cynthia's team a reference in itself to some extent since it's from Platinum, the first round E4 being level 71/73 is an inward reference to their own levels in the original BW... I dunno, there's quiet a lot I threw in randomly as I was making the hack.
---
Holified - There's already a cheat window in no$ somewhere; I can't remember where it is but it's in one of the drop downs at the top. You just have to stick the cheats in there; you can't specifically use the .dat to my knowledge, but if you pull codes from the document or something like that then it'll work.

Charmander's 5% in the OUTSIDE bit of Pinwheel Forest (i.e. not the actual forest) as bob said above. Just keep at it! Perhaps I should switch it to 10%?
---
Also, I'm thinking I might well go back to the having legendaries around the region, although I may just keep them in the eastern bits of Unova to prevent them being catchable prior to the Elite Four (MAYBE I'll put something in Route 10 or even the Victory Road path, but it's a bit of a stretch.) I still can't really imagine stuff like Groudon appearing on Route 15, but I suppose it makes more sense than the pile-up in Challenger's Cave, right?

Sorry I'm being so slow on the new version; I've barely made any progress aside from the new designs for the battles but there's other stuff I've been doing (not that it's actually important, but I'm finally getting to play some games I've been wanting for a while :3).

At any rate, the delay gives the other BW hacks some time. Then I can hit back with my update. Ohoho. Well, maybe not quite like that, but I'll get around to it... eventually.

Would help if I didn't have to do a ton of hex editing for the Pokemon movesets though e_e

Krotar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard about this through urealms.com. It sounds amazing! I've just got two questions:
1. Is there a major difference between Volt White and Blaze Black aside from opening movies and which cover legendary you get first?
2. Is there anyway to change the player character's sprite sheets? I saw the hack and thought "if I had a custom trainer, it'd be the perfect pokemon game". I made the sheet, Dialogue sprites and all (man, those were a pain to make! >_

Holified 2x

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Drayano said:
I have to say, I love reading threads on places like /vp/ talking about the hack and stuff. Makes me happy, hoho.

That aside...
---
Connankid - Regrettably, no, but it's mostly because I don't know how. I probably would otherwise, and if it is actually quite easy then I'll probably do it.

That Quilava is definitely not meant to happen o_o; Thanks for the tip.

Doubt I'll make a list, I can't even remember half of the references I put in. There's the Kanto E4, Blue, Steven... Cynthia's team a reference in itself to some extent since it's from Platinum, the first round E4 being level 71/73 is an inward reference to their own levels in the original BW... I dunno, there's quiet a lot I threw in randomly as I was making the hack.
---
Holified - There's already a cheat window in no$ somewhere; I can't remember where it is but it's in one of the drop downs at the top. You just have to stick the cheats in there; you can't specifically use the .dat to my knowledge, but if you pull codes from the document or something like that then it'll work.

Charmander's 5% in the OUTSIDE bit of Pinwheel Forest (i.e. not the actual forest) as bob said above. Just keep at it! Perhaps I should switch it to 10%?
---
Also, I'm thinking I might well go back to the having legendaries around the region, although I may just keep them in the eastern bits of Unova to prevent them being catchable prior to the Elite Four (MAYBE I'll put something in Route 10 or even the Victory Road path, but it's a bit of a stretch.) I still can't really imagine stuff like Groudon appearing on Route 15, but I suppose it makes more sense than the pile-up in Challenger's Cave, right?

Sorry I'm being so slow on the new version; I've barely made any progress aside from the new designs for the battles but there's other stuff I've been doing (not that it's actually important, but I'm finally getting to play some games I've been wanting for a while :3).

At any rate, the delay gives the other BW hacks some time. Then I can hit back with my update. Ohoho. Well, maybe not quite like that, but I'll get around to it... eventually.

Would help if I didn't have to do a ton of hex editing for the Pokemon movesets though e_e
I caught a Charmander
hrth.gif
I was in the wrong grass lol also can Charazard learn fly cause i was getting rid of Staraptor for him also i caught a Gastly in Pinewhell Forest is that normal also can u buff the stats for Gastly/Haunter (Mainly Health and special defense) cause one good special attack against them best believe there going to faint.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holified 2x said:
bobwuzhere1224 said:
Yes Charizard can learn fly and grats to finally getting one.
Thanks but there's another problem
-snip-
I encounter over 15 Chanesy and every time i steal using theft i always get lucky punch no lucky eggs
unsure.gif
is this because i'm using Haunter ?
...how would that even factor in?

mikau86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And make sure your Haunter isn't holding any item before using Thief.

EDIT: Oops, I read you couldn't take any item from them, nevermind.

Holified 2x

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I don kno how it factor in just thinking with an open mind

QUOTEIt's possible the chance for Lucky Egg hasn't been changed and it was super low to begin with.
Must be even lower cus now I at least seen 30 Chanesy's 28 Lucky Punches only 2 Lucky Eggs and i made Staraptor learn Thief and thats when i finally stole a lucky egg aiming for 6 lucky eggs hope it doesn't take forever again to steal one egg .
sleep.gif

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure I made the Lucky Egg chance either 5% or 0% when I released 2.0, since Juniper gives you six Lucky Eggs anyway now.

Krotar:
1) Not especially; just the legend cutscene and stuff as you mentioned, the appearance of Opelucid City, that sort of thing.
2) I think it is possible to do so, but I'd prefer to keep this as close to the original games as possible. Sort of my particular theme, or something. I hope you find some use for those sprites though; it must take a lot of effort to make them!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holified 2x said:
QUOTE said:
I don kno how it factor in just thinking with an open mind
Actually, I shouldn't have expected you to know that, as you don't hack, so you really wouldn't know and would resort to thinking it was the pokemon. Sorry, I didn't mean to sound mean when I said that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2