pokemon black/white map editor?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by kradon, Jun 27, 2012.

Jun 27, 2012

pokemon black/white map editor? by kradon at 7:33 AM (3,315 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. kradon
    OP

Newcomer kradon Member

United States
    hi i was just wondering if there is a program that edits ingame maps for the NDS game Pokemon Black/White? i've found many other tools such as starter editor, sprite editor, and wild pokemon editor and even dialogue editor. is there a map editor out there?

***i did a lot of searching and i had to resort to this as i failed to find such program. thank you for understanding and replying.

2. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

It is possible, but the process of doing so is incredibly tedious and you must know what you are doing, not to mention it's very complex, or else you will be completely lost.

3. kradon
    OP

Newcomer kradon Member

United States
    i'm willing to learn, is there a guide anywhere?

4. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

It's not really a guide per se, but you'll have to know how to use NITRO SDK tools and 3DS Max.

1 person likes this.
  5. kradon
    OP

Newcomer kradon Member

United States
    oh ok thanks i'll look into those.

6. KeldeoResolution

Newcomer KeldeoResolution Member

United Kingdom
    Umm... Most people haven't even hacked DP's maps yet. So I don't see a BW map hack for quite a while. Sorry to disappoint, but that's just how it is.... :(

7. ELESA

Newcomer ELESA CHAMOMILE

Korea, South
    Um, I think i heard PG4? but i'm not sure if this works?

8. riceball7852

Member riceball7852 A person with a life.

United States
    Here's a note kradon:
    -5th Gen. games (Black(2)/White(2)) map engine is more complex that 4th Gen. (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum), which nobody hasn't really deciphered yet.
    -The only farthest deciphering that was ever done in 4th Gen. was only the map of Twinleaf Town
    -Furthermore, each map (ex. town and routes) in the 5th Gen. (including 4th.) has their own unique mapping models (ex. animation and building designs), so you're either limited on your creativity or you'll need to learn 3D modeling in order to replace the others.
    -Also, the event sequence (story line) must be changed through Hexings and programming (Ex. C++, C).

If you're not willing to learn how to Hex Edit, 3D modeling, AND learn programming, you won't be getting anywhere in map editing (Even in the 4th Gen, games).
    *Note: 4th Gen. is just the beginning stepping stone in hacking the maps of 5th Gen. games