• Views 1,161,165
  • Replies 7,081
  • Likes 5

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you guys like me to make .xdelta patches for each major translation release as well? (with the new AP included)
It requires manual hex editing to include the 2CH patch with the translation, but if someone did it all it needs is xdelta. (and I don't mind doing it)

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems that anything involving TTmenu is extremely hesitant to work correctly...
If I was in everybody else's situation, I'd upgrade flashcards immediately. Acekard 2i is what, like, 12 bucks now?

I'd absolutely love to do that, I've had my eyes on a SCDS2 for ages now, but unfortunately I don't have any spare money :(

time like this when im glad around Xmas i grabbed a SCDS2 even got the LE GBAtemp one (though i have an AK2i to) but between the GBA Emu on DSi (1.3U) and the Clean mode for pokemon and any other releases with annoying AP Def worth it so when ya can save up id go for it :)

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, but that isn't working for me :( It just white screens when I launch the woodr4sdhc.nds....

That's super strange :O

You sure you did what's said in the website I linked ? Cause I have no problem at all....
I light up my ds lite:
Black screen with "loading" in white letters
Here comes the R4 Revolution for DS v1.34 menu screen with Games, Multimedia and Slot-2.
I just select "Games". Then I select woodr4sdhc.nds and it will launch it. After that you have to go to your game folder, select Pokemon Black 2.nds, hit Y, then Y again for settings, R to navigate to the next tab, "Cheat In Game (AR)" "Off", and "Reset In Game" "Off". Hit A, A again, and A to finally launch the game

that didn't work for me. the wood file just goes to a gray/white screen

Then you don't have an SDHC Revolution. I suggest using YsMenu or TTmenu or any firmware uptodate that you flashcart allows. If you have an orignal R4 (no clones) then use the official R4 Wood 1.49

Would you guys like me to make .xdelta patches for each major translation release as well? (with the new AP included)
It requires manual hex editing to include the 2CH patch with the translation, but if someone did it all it needs is xdelta. (and I don't mind doing it)

They said starting tonight with the 1.2 translation patch the newer AP patch will be included, yeah for no more hex editing ^_^

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
For people wanting to play the game with the pokestation translation

How to patch Black 2 to have the 2CH Patch and the Pokestation translation at the same time!

1) Use Nitroexplorer 2 and Navigate to a rom with the pokestation translation
2) Go to A/0/0 and then click the "2" and click extract and place it wherever.
3) Patch a rom with the 2CH patcher.
4) Open the newly patched rom in Nitroexplorer 2
5) Find A/0/0 and click the "2" click [reinsert] and navigate to the "2" you extracted.
6) File 2 has been replaced successfully should show at the bottom if you did things right.
7) Transfer rom to flashcard or load in emulator or whatever.
8) VIOLA! You now have the 2CH Patch AND the translation patch in one! You can now play the game! in partial ENGLISH!

Reactions: 1 person

oriep

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Been lurking here the past 2 days but this is my first post in this thread. I was stunned by the amount of noobs asking the same shit over and over again, seriously. I've been patiently reading as much as I could and managed to get things up and running just fine. No need to post 300 times if you just take some time and try to actually read some (a lot, actually xD) pages back.

I'd like to thank those who actually made useful posts. They were hard to find with all those spamming bastards but with some searching I found everything to solve all issues I had from finding a good rom till getting to the moment where I was able to play AP free~

Also, just another confirmation that the patch in the OP works fine on original R4 running Wood 1.49.
As said before, make sure the soft reset and cheat options are turned off.

Will update as I play. I'll try to keep my game on as long as possible to see if it's 100% fixed.

I am running wood 1.49 as well but i am freezing up about a every 20mins.
Why does the OP still say it doesn't work with R4 Wood. It does, and has since yesterday.

In my Wood 1.49 runs fine, but it freezes when open the Pokemon menu. There is any patch for the freeze? Or Wood users must wait until v. 1.50?

Try formatting your SD card, then put Wood 1.49 and the rom, patched with the one in the first post, on your R4.
Also make sure you don't patch the rom with an already patched one, cause it WILL screw up. Use a clean one for this patch and it should fix the summary freeze, random freezes and the exp.
Don't use the translation patch either.
And last, are you 100% sure it's an original R4? Like, the very first version made? If so, I don't see how this all fails to work =3

Let me know if it works~

Edit: Also, don't forget to check if your Soft Reset and cheat options are both disabled, very important ^^

Now, I may get suspended for this question, but why is everyone freaking out about saying "patch"? I know that there are no roms on GBAtemp, but I've seen people linking to the 2CH patch mulitple times in this thread, and they're perfectly fine. So why is everyone freaking out about linking a patch?

You can use the word patch, just not the name of this particular patch.

Oh, thank you so much, it works perfectly :D
And yes, it was an original R4

Turnips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, but that isn't working for me :( It just white screens when I launch the woodr4sdhc.nds....

You sure you did what's said in the website I linked ? Cause I have no problem at all....
I light up my ds lite:
Here comes the R4 Revolution for DS v1.34 menu screen with Games, Multimedia and Slot-2.
I just select "Games". Then I select woodr4sdhc.nds and it will launch it. After that you have to go to your game folder, select Pokemon Black 2.nds, hit Y, then Y again for settings, R to navigate to the next tab, "Cheat In Game (AR)" "Off", and "Reset In Game" "Off". Hit A, A again, and A to finally launch the game

I'm pretty sure I put it on there correctly :O I can get to my list of games alright, but once I select and launch woodr4sdhc.nds it just shows a white screen, nothing else, and forces me to turn the console off :c

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I light up my ds lite:

Then you don't have an SDHC Revolution. I suggest using YsMenu or TTmenu or any firmware uptodate that you flashcart allows. If you have an orignal R4 (no clones) then use the official R4 Wood 1.49

They said starting tonight with the 1.2 translation patch the newer AP patch will be included, yeah for no more hex editing ^_^
Ah, great. (:

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I light up my ds lite:

I'm pretty sure I put it on there correctly :O I can get to my list of games alright, but once I select and launch woodr4sdhc.nds it just shows a white screen, nothing else, and forces me to turn the console off :c

Here is how it looks on my explorer
(you have to still have the original firmware if you have an SDHC Revolution, as the WoodR4 is merely launched ontop of it)

oylAj.jpg

CassieCorum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I light up my ds lite:

thanks for te tip. it works with ttmenu

Turnips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I light up my ds lite:

Hmmm.. I just formatted my R4 and tried that again, but now this happens when I try and launch that woodr4.nds file :s

gfjdgshdgh.png

Nothing else happens...

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I light up my ds lite:

thanks for te tip. it works with ttmenu

I'm glad it worked for you :) i've no experience whatsoever with TT menu, only YsMenu and WoodR4 (sdhc) ^_^

DarkenX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I light up my ds lite:

Hmmm.. I just formatted my R4 and tried that again, but now this happens when I try and launch that woodr4.nds file :s

gfjdgshdgh.png

Nothing else happens...

Hey, you need to put the original firmware first into your flashcart. You SUUUUUUURE you have THIS card ->

r4card.jpg.opt150x158o0,0s150x158.jpg

If not you'll have to use another firmware. In any case, the WoodR4 SDHC website I linked is for THIS card ONLY, and upon that, you need to have the original firmware as well, and then copy paste the files from that website onto your flashcart.

if your card is different, then tell me

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i was wondering if there is now a fix for white2? i just got back on here and notice the page was now 208 from 140 when i was on here last

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь