• Blue/Gary WT Battle theme

Votes: 55 20.8%

• Total voters

Sheikonh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There seems to be a lot of confusion about how to get past PWT on DSTwo, so I thought I'd make it clear.

The DSTwo EOS automaticly patches the BW2 roms, but the patch isn't exactly perfect, which results in freezes on PWT and possibly other glitches. It even attempts to patch the pre-patched roms, which breaks the working patch.

The solution to this problem is to run a pre-patched rom in clean mode. This gives you a rom with a working patch (which won't glitch out at PWT) and tops the DSTwo EOS from breaking the patch. Of course, you will not have access to cheats or the in-game menu, but you will be able to play through the game normally.

This is what I've gleaned from reading a number of posts full of confusion and sparodic success.

FWIW, this works for me, on a 16gb class2 microSD formatted to FAT32. Occasionally I'll get some lag (presumably due to the slow SD), but it never freezes and I've played through to the 8th badge without any other disruptions.

Enjoy

Finally someone who knows his stuff. Thanks.

This is the solution I gave...I don't really understand what you're talking about =\
And others have already stated that the solution I provided works 100% for them..
~Melody

Missed a keypoint: microSD class.

Well, I have done everything you're talking about (yes, I selected the clean mode with a patched rom) and the game loads, but, it doesn't find my .sav. The game only allows me to select new game, options, etc. What I am doing wrong?

EDIT: Now it works! I just used de DS-Scene Rom Tool with another clean rom and applied the patch. Now it works perfectly on clean mode (a bit laggy, but it's better than nothing). BTW, I can play PWT just fine :yaynds: (I just have defeated Burgh in the Unova Leaders Tournament :) )

Heavy01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, I have done everything you're talking about (yes, I selected the clean mode with a patched rom) and the game loads, but, it doesn't find my .sav. The game only allows me to select new game, options, etc. What I am doing wrong?

EDIT: Now it works! I just used de DS-Scene Rom Tool with another clean rom and applied the patch. Now it works perfectly on clean mode (a bit laggy, but it's better than nothing). BTW, I can play PWT just fine :yaynds: (I just have defeated Burgh in the Unova Leaders Tournament :) )

Yeah that worked for me too.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka

Yeah that worked for me too.

FOR EVERYONE. O___O

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i bought the game because flashcart is just $hit
Yours maybe, mine (Acekard2) has no problems at all. But then again, I'm using the Bypass Code and not the actual patch.

whats the bypass code??
It's a "simple" cheat available for Black 2 and White 2. You could see it as a patch in cheat form, for easier (in my opinion) use. I posted them a couple pages ago.

ok but i dont think flashcart i dont think it gonna help. Well i did even bought pokemon black 2 today so its okay. But thanks.

Simpfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have tried several roms of ap patched pokemon black 2. I can start it, but when the intro with the movie it gives me a wierd noise and only a black screen. I have tested with patch mode and no patch mode on my dstwo. With path mode this happens. Even with a clean room with no ap patch. With clean with ap patch rom, the screen only is white and nothing starts. So I have to run in patch mode. Have anyone same issues as me? Please help me, I have to get this rom to work, I have the prima games and want to use them. Pokemon white 2 is the same problem.
Nothing works on my dstwo with firmware v.1,18 and DSTWO_v1.11_2012_0521_eng
I using also imenu b33.Nothing works. Only pokemon conquest ap patched works perfectly

saldite

Dumb As Hell
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a huge deal, but I figured I should mention this to see if other people have noticed this. I'm running a patched version of Pokemon White 2 (patched using DS-Scene Tool) on my DSTWO (latest everything) on my Class 10 Transcend 16GB mSDHC in clean mode. The game works just fine, from what little I've seen in comparison to my actual cart of Black 2 (no lag, saving works, battles work just fine, experience gain, etc.). But I noticed something odd: The touchscreen is completely unresponsive. Mind you, my touch screen works just fine in standard DS games, 3DS games, and other games on my DSTWO. PW2 is the only one that seems to have trouble with the touchscreen. Now then, as I said, this isn't a big deal as the entire game can be controlled just fine with the buttons, etc., but I thought I'd bring it up in case there was something wrong. I glanced through the last few pages and the OP post, and didn't notice any mention of such issue. I assume it's a side effect of using the AP patch, but I just wanted to make sure.

JoostOude

Trophies
XP
I have an AP patched pokemon black 2 rom. It seemed to run fine on my dstwo but when I beat the 5th gym and went to that building where you have to battle hugh and I defeat him, it freezes. I tried several times and now the game will freeze when I select [continue] at the title screen. I'd like to know if there is a way to fix this and if there isn't (yet), if it might come later.

EDIT: It seemed to be in clean mode. it doesn't freeze at the title anymore but it still freezes after the battle with hugh. the sound does keep playing though. and the buttons to go to the dstwo real time walktrough/real time cheat/brightness change/etc. don't work anymore.

EDIT: I tried it on my old r4ds with wood 1.53. it works now. I guess I'll have to use 2 flashcards now.

Moto2014

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried several roms of ap patched pokemon black 2. I can start it, but when the intro with the movie it gives me a wierd noise and only a black screen. I have tested with patch mode and no patch mode on my dstwo. With path mode this happens. Even with a clean room with no ap patch. With clean with ap patch rom, the screen only is white and nothing starts. So I have to run in patch mode. Have anyone same issues as me? Please help me, I have to get this rom to work, I have the prima games and want to use them. Pokemon white 2 is the same problem.
I using also imenu b33.Nothing works. Only pokemon conquest ap patched works perfectly

I had the same exact problem. If you wait for a few minutes, the "Press Start" screen will eventually appear. I'm not sure why it does this, but I just made a savestate at the Start screen, and I just loaded that when I started the ROM. It fixed itself after a while and I don't have the blackscreen problem anymore. I have no clue what changed, but it works fine now.

D

Deleted-236924

Yours maybe, mine (Acekard2) has no problems at all. But then again, I'm using the Bypass Code and not the actual patch.

whats the bypass code??
It's a "simple" cheat available for Black 2 and White 2. You could see it as a patch in cheat form, for easier (in my opinion) use. I posted them a couple pages ago.

Doesn't let you use the PWT in Patch mode on DSTwo, btw.

Heavy01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I had the same issue, I had to use a clean rom and another patch I found on the internet. Now, the new rom works on clean mode, some slowdowns here and there and loading screens take longer, but it works on the PWT. The funny thing is that it doesn't work on patched mode, every time I enter a battle I can't select anything on the touch screen. So I have to switch between roms, there is another rom I used (from iRiL) that works perfectly on patched mode but doesn't work on clean mode. Try that one.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Y'all do realize that if a proper fix was released by SC team, all these issues would go away? And that if you ALL posted about it on their forums, you'd have a greater chance to get that fix than here where none of their admins can see it?

Reactions: 1 person

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Y'all do realize that if a proper fix was released by SC team, all these issues would go away? And that if you ALL posted about it on their forums, you'd have a greater chance to get that fix than here where none of their admins can see it?

they will hopefully release a patch update soon that will allow patch mode to work on teh DSTwo

Takeshi55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was playing W2, then this happened...
Poly.png

How do I get rid of this?

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

whats the bypass code??

Doesn't let you use the PWT in Patch mode on DSTwo, btw.
Sorry if I burst out laughing, but wow. I mean, don't get me wrong, I got a DSTwo as well and love it, but it looks like it's not that superior.
Well, while I can play the game without any problems just by using the cheat, I hope for you other guys, especially with a DSTwo, the card's teams release a fix soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...