ROM Hack pokemon black u smaller rom size?

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i personally like the v7 patch logo better than the u logo for pokemon black. so i found out were the title screen graphics were, swiched the u one witrh the v7 one and packed the rom. it works fine but instead of it being the usual 256 mb, its 201 mb! the game works fine from what ive tested but im wondering why this happened. can anyone come up with an explanation?

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
link491 said:
ok so i personally like the v7 patch logo better than the u logo for pokemon black. so i found out were the title screen graphics were, swiched the u one witrh the v7 one and packed the rom. it works fine but instead of it being the usual 256 mb, its 201 mb! the game works fine from what ive tested but im wondering why this happened. can anyone come up with an explanation?
Its trimmed:
X = Game data
O = Shit

Original game:
XXXXXXXOOO

Trimmed game:
XXXXXXX

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok kool i didnt trim it but thats still good... will it still run fine seeing as almost 60mb have been taken off?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
you sure it's trimmed? i've experienced having patched only 64mb. why? because patched the rom where i only have 64mb left space, flash drive.

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok maby i have ta be more specific. i unpacked the u and jv7 patched roms to seperate folders. i went into data/a/0/2 than i copied the 6 file from the j rom to the u rom. (if you dont know, data/a/0/2->6 is the title logo) after finishing this i packed the rom and it was 201 mb instead of the 256 mb it started as.

D

Deleted-236924

When you re-pack a rom, it automatically removes all of the blank space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy